+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

manufacture

Nov 20, 2016
Hi All.
I actually need some help
I sent Associate and Bachelore documents degree to WES .
Now I recevied below report.
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1- Credential: Associate degree
Canadian Equivalency : Diploma(two years)

2- Credential : Bachelore degree
Canadian Equivalency : four years of undergraduate study
Remarks : The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

Now which option must be select in Entryexpress Education part ?

gkindacool

Dec 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manufacture said:
Hi All.
I actually need some help
I sent Associate and Bachelore documents degree to WES .
Now I recevied below report.
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1- Credential: Associate degree
Canadian Equivalency : Diploma(two years)

2- Credential : Bachelore degree
Canadian Equivalency : four years of undergraduate study
Remarks : The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

Now which option must be select in Entryexpress Education part ?
As per the information you provided, WES has found your credential equivalent to "Diploma (two years)". You will have to select "Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a two-year program, or equal" in EE profile, which will get you 19 FSW points.

gkindacool

Dec 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Urgent information required - Please guide and help !!

patsGP said:
Hi All

Request for Guidance. I am about to fill Express Entry Profile as an Primary Applicant. Below are my details:-

Education Details:

(1) Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication completed in 2003
(2) Post graduate Diploma in Management completed in 2008
Completed education from India. FYI. Both the above degrees are assessed by WES.

Question:-
(1) Do I have to fill my 10th and 12th class details as well in education section of EE profile or only the Bachelors and PGDM. In case, I need to fill 10th and 12th Class details - They will be mapped to which category - "Secondary diploma (High school education)" for 12th class and "None or less than High school" for 10th class?

No. If you have Masters as your highest degree, you do NOT have to fill in your secondary education details.

Work experience:

After completing my Post graduate Diploma in Management, I am working in a IT company and my duties matches with NOC code 2171. I was going through the NOC code 2171 Employment requirements, it says

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required

Question 1: I have a Bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication engineering and Post graduate Diploma in Management which is equivalent to Master's degree as per WES equivalency. My attained degrees do not match what is written for NOC 2171, will this impact my application?

Your degree, BTech in Electronics and Communication, should be covered under "related discipline". So, you are good.

Question 2: In the EE profile, there is a specific question on "Primary occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

What date is to be mentioned here? My engineering degree or Post graduate Diploma in Management completion date? I started working in NOC 2171 equivalent duties after completing Post graduate Diploma in Management. But neither Bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication engineering or Post graduate Diploma in Management is not mentioned as an "employment requirement" in NOC 2171.

This should be the date printed on your BTech degree certificate.

I also have a query about my Spouse Work experience - Her entire work experience is in India. Do I still have to mention in EE profile.We are not availing points for that. If I dont mention, will it be considered as hiding information?

If you are not getting any points for it, you may not mention your wife's work experience in EE profile. When you get ITA (Invitation to Apply for PR) you will have to mention her work experience under Personal History section. If you mention it under Personal History section, you will NOT have to provide any experience letter or reference letters.

Thanks in advance and hoping for an early response from the members.
Hi,
Please see the response in red inline.

Thanks!

gkindacool

Dec 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DC.CA said:
Dear Guys,

I am a Seafarer, Deck Officer (NOC 2273 - B - Ship Officer, Water Transport) and have a few queries with respect to my EE profile, as mentioned below -

Firstly, the nature of my job is quite different, it -

1. requires me to work 84 hours per week, for 2/3 months at a stretch -then- 2/3 months complete leave.
2. is mostly contractual type, 2/3 months contract and then sign a new contract to join a ship.
3. is such that I have worked with many employers/shipowners (more than 12 in last 7 years).
4. have travelled worldwide to 38 countries multiple times via ship.

Now, In the EE profile, what do I regarding -

A) filling in the 'hours of work' column (I am confused between 84 hours or 42 hours, due to my odd job-timings as written above)

I would say go for 42 hours because (1) this number suffice the minimum requirement of full time work required by CIC (which is 30 or more per week) (2) mentioning 42 will also cover the period when you are not working.

B) work experience letter - I was contractually employed by 12 ship-owners/employers in last 7 years. And getting 12 work-experience letters for actual ship-owners would be extremely tedious. Should It judicious to request just one of the recruiting HR/crewing agency to give me a letter for all the work-years in Merchant Navy?

You will have to get the experience letter from the company that runs your payroll. If ship-owner(s) were your employer(s) then try to get experience letter from where you have been working for last 3-4 years. You need at least 3 years of experience to max your CRS score.

C) proof of funds - in all yesteryears, my salaries have been credited into my bank account by all those different ship-owners (their names are mentioned as well in bank statement entries' narration). And if I show a crewing agency as my employer for all previous years, and whereas my salary had been as deposited by various other parties at the different time. to add further, even the salary slips are issued by the ship-owners, not the crewing agency. Could it be a cause of concern/rejection while showing proof of funds?

No. CIC doesn't care who paid you. They need to see required fund in your account.

D) police clearance certificate - In my passport(s), apart from usual arrival/departure entries from airports around the world, I have had some (3-three +) temporary working visas from Malaysia (of 3 months each) to work in the offshore Malaysian oil fields aboard ships. Malaysian authorities will not issue me a PCC, as I have not stayed in Malaysia (on the land). I was in fact only at sea, away from the land & territorial waters. Could I be required to produce PCC from Malaysia by the Canadian visa officer?

As per the information on CIC website, I don't think you would be required to provide a PCC from Malaysia.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/malaysia.asp
If you have not lived in Malaysia for one year or more, you are not required to provide a Malaysian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Malaysia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Malaysia because certificates are only available to people who have lived in Malaysia for one year or more.”

It would be a great help to me, if you guys please reply.

Regards,
DeeCee.
Hi,

Thanks!

gkindacool

Dec 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rti said:
hello there

can i select all the provinces and territories option while filling EE profile or do i select each one of them? is there any number as to how many options we can select.
Hi,
I would suggest that you do some research on provinces that have good number of jobs for your NOC and then select those provinces only.

Thanks!

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
VICKYVINAYAK said:
You should have one experience with the designation on which you had left. While having a letter from employer, you should mention that you started as Analyst and promoted as Associate consultant with the latest salary and job responsibilities.

You will be good then.
So, you mean we can only put our last held designation and in reference letter mention that joined as a Analyst and then promoted?

tiwalope

Feb 12, 2017
gkindacool said:
I have the exact situation as yours. I added my wife's uncle who lives in Canada. It seems difficult to get any document to prove the relationship so now I am going to remove him.

Please make sure that your FSW score does not fall below 67 after removing your relative. It may have given you 5 FSW points in the overall score.

I am on 73 out of 100 based on the six factors without my uncle adding any point to it. How can I phrase the loe

Thanks!

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hello,

I have my profile in the pool since last month with me as the primary applicant. Now I want to apply a new profile with my wife as the primary applicant (since CRS is more with she being the primary), can I apply that under the same account, ie the GC key will remain same, but that key has been generated with my details) ?

patsGP

Apr 29, 2017
Re: Urgent information required - Please guide and help !!

gkindacool said:
Hi,

Thanks!
Thank you very much for your reply and assistance. My only doubt left now is that post completion of Post graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in 2008, I started working in my primary education (NOC 2171) for which I am claiming work experience points. Therefore, response for date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description should be completion of date of PGDM and not Bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication engineering.

But the NOC Employment requirements says,

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline

However, my PGDM which is a master degree which is not mentioned in the NOC Employment requirements as stated above. So , what date should I fill as after completing Bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication engineering in 2003, I did not start working in NOC code 2171.

Please correct my understanding if it is wrong.

Thanks

kadir_35

Mar 26, 2017
Hi folks,

Once I get an invitation for pr under express entry, do I have to show a certain amount of money in my bank account?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kadir_35 said:
Hi folks,

Once I get an invitation for pr under express entry, do I have to show a certain amount of money in my bank account?
Yes assuming you're a FSW applicant and you don't have a valid job offer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

kadir_35

Mar 26, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Yes assuming you're a FSW applicant and you don't have a valid job offer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
No I have a Canadian diploma and 1 year work experience under noc b. So my application is under express entry. I dont have any work experience from another country. Do I still need to show that money?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kadir_35 said:
No I have a Canadian diploma and 1 year work experience under noc b. So my application is under express entry. I dont have any work experience from another country. Do I still need to show that money?
No if you're a CEC applicant.

fungusamongus

Mar 9, 2017
I've doubts on whether CIC requires me to list the current job as well. I've asked this in the past but now I'm actually filling out my application.

We will assess XYZ's current and previous jobs for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate XYZ's score. You can tell us about each job by filling in the fields below. Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process.
I switched jobs 4 months ago and I don't want to raise eyebrows by having to ask for an experience letter addressed to CIC. I do have a work experience letter from my previous company where I worked for 5 years. Was anyone else in a similar situation?

Should I put in my current job but leave out the experience letter?