+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

samchop86

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
I can not tell you which NOC to select as only you will know. However, what I can advise you is that the most important thing when selecting an NOC is to pick one in which you have performed the actions in the lead statement and the majority of the duties. The job title of little or no significance, it does not matter.

This is confirmed by the following ministerial instruction:

"Requirements

(2) In order to be assigned points under section 23 or 24 for their foreign work experience, a foreign national

(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Regards
Thanks TanakaM..
I guess I will go ahead like this only because I managed to get an employment certificate from my employer stating almost all major duties listed against NOC 0113.. :)

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi, Got my ITA on 19th Apirl. I claimed that I have my aunt(Mom's real sister) in canada. wht documents do I need from her side and my mom side. Also do i have to make any flow diagram to justify the relation.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

I have completed two UK degrees (BSc from Northumbria and CIMA - UK). I did both of these qualifications in Sri Lanka and was awarded by the respective UK institutes. However, when applying for ECA I accidently selected the country of education as UK and ive got my ECA report stating the country of education as UK as all transcripts were sent from UK.

My question is, when I create my EE profile, under the 'Education' section, do I select 'Country of Education' as Sri Lanka or UK. If I do select UK as per my ECA report would it be an issue as I have never been to the UK and will it create a contradiction when updated my travel history?

Your advice is highly valued

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shivanker said:
Hi Seniors,

I have completed two UK degrees (BSc from Northumbria and CIMA - UK). I did both of these qualifications in Sri Lanka and was awarded by the respective UK institutes. However, when applying for ECA I accidently selected the country of education as UK and ive got my ECA report stating the country of education as UK as all transcripts were sent from UK.

My question is, when I create my EE profile, under the 'Education' section, do I select 'Country of Education' as Sri Lanka or UK. If I do select UK as per my ECA report would it be an issue as I have never been to the UK and will it create a contradiction when updated my travel history?

sri lanka

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
sababx said:
Hi

So right now I am doing a job that falls under NOC B. Does that mean I do not have to show funds in my account? In that case, what do I need to show? Just my paystub and my offer letter? Let me know please.

Thank you
Are you working in Canada? If not you will have to show proof of funds.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Mik1990mac said:
Thanks TanakaM...
I answered my personal details which includes my birth date (26 yrs old)
Contact details
study and languages ( i have my Bachelors degree in my country and its equivalent in Canada is 2 years post secondary educ, i also have CLB7-8 in my language exam)
work history ( im in 4 years and 6 months working on my field of profession as a RN.)
Make sure your selected NOC is in category 0,A or B.
Make sure you did not select Quebec as you destination.
Make sure the amount of money you will bring to Canada is above the minimum required. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
sakthiece said:
Hi Guys,

I'm currently in Canada working under ICT Workpermit and submitted my EE profile. I am planning to apply for dependent visitor Visa for my daughter who is in India right now. Will this have any impact on my PR application process if I receive my ITA soon? Please advise.
No it won't, I can't possible see how it can do so in any way.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ramansingh05 said:
Hi, Got my ITA on 19th Apirl. I claimed that I have my aunt(Mom's real sister) in canada. wht documents do I need from her side and my mom side. Also do i have to make any flow diagram to justify the relation.
Hi,

"Document requirements

This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents)."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Shivanker said:
Hi Seniors,

thestunner316 said:
sri lanka
Hi guys,

I beg to differ on this. You did the right thing in selecting UK as country of education for the ECA and it wont be an issue if you do the same in the EE profile.

In education history 'Country of education' is UK. This because you qualifications are UK qualifications not Sri Lankan. Where it then asks 'where this activity took place' (personal history) you put Sri Lanka.
You are required to write {by correspondence} next to the name of the institution to show that you were not actually in the country. This way you should not be asked for PCC.

"Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

All the best

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Hello Guys,

Please How long does it take for updated Education information to reflect on Score in EE profile.
My Score stays same even after updating WES Education report for Spouse (Bachelor Degree 4yrs)

Thanks in Advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Blowtouch said:
Hello Guys,

Please How long does it take for updated Education information to reflect on Score in EE profile.
My Score stays same even after updating WES Education report for Spouse (Bachelor Degree 4yrs)

Thanks in Advance
Should be upto 24hrs.

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
TanakaM said:
Should be upto 24hrs.
Ok. Thanks Mate. @TanakaM is like FedEx; guaranteed to be there... +1

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hello guys!

I have two questions:
My first question is related to the Proof Of Funds. I went to my Bank yesterday and requested a letter with CIC requirements. I just want to know if the date of the letter should be after receiving the ITA. I am actually waiting for the next round to be picked.
My second question is whether should I upload my bank statements with the letter (same field), or in the optional documents area, or not necessary since it's not requested by CIC?

Thank you a lot in advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
mariposaDADA said:
Hello guys!

I have two questions:
My first question is related to the Proof Of Funds. I went to my Bank yesterday and requested a letter with CIC requirements. I just want to know if the date of the letter should be after receiving the ITA. I am actually waiting for the next round to be picked.
My second question is whether should I upload my bank statements with the letter (same field), or in the optional documents area, or not necessary since it's not requested by CIC?

Thank you a lot in advance
1) It should definitely be after ITA. You want it to be as recent as possible when you submit your PR application, so make it one of the last documents you get. I would say it must be no older than 3 weeks when you submit you application, but there is no harm in talking to the bank in advance.
2) If the letter has all the required detail there is no need for the statement.

Warm regards

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
TanakaM said:
1) It should definitely be after ITA. You want it to be as recent as possible when you submit your PR application, so make it one of the last documents you get. I would say it must be no older than 3 weeks when you submit you application, but there is no harm in talking to the bank in advance.
2) If the letter has all the required detail there is no need for the statement.

Warm regards
Thank you so much for your reply
I will check with the bank first that the letter they will prepare meets CIC requirements, then just before submitting the e-APR i will ask them to print it and sign it for me with the date of that day.
What are the other documents that need to be as recent as possible?

Thank you