+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
nislava said:
Hi All

Do we need minimum point of 6 in each component Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking as minimum Eligibility for Express Entry?

Since my friend wrote an exam and in Reading 7, Writing 5.5, Listening 7, Speaking 6.5...she wrote under British Council.. Her CRS is around 440 , but she is unsure whether she is eligible or not. Her job nature comes under NOC B ...And Possess 3 years of work experience in Canada..Even her work permit job code under the classification NOC B.

Please clarify me, for Canadian Experience Class under NOC B , whether she needs 6 point in each or 5 in each of Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking as minimum Eligibility.

Regards
Nislava
Hi,

For Canadian Experience Class under NOC B the min is clb 5 which is - L5 R4 W5 S5.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp

So she qualifies.

Tatra

Mar 17, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi,

1) Unfortunately work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.
2) No it is not. As long as you work experience is in skill level 0, A or B it qualifies regardless of your education.

All the best
Dear TanakaM,

Thank you for addressing my query.

Regarding part time work experience, being a full-time student, i have got mixed response that if it is outside Canada then points can be claimed, can you confirm please.

tahminaml

Oct 19, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront 11.02.17
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
LANDED..........
03-03-2018
Do we need to upload the pages at the back of WES Report or any other docs

HarikrishnanJ

Jan 25, 2017
Hi Team,

As per the certificate credential assessment(ECA), should I need to validate both the U.G and P.G Degree or P.G alone is sufficient?

Please clear me on this.

Gold Leaf

Dec 5, 2016
Hi friends...Can you tell wat is AOR. and after how much time one can receive this after sending the application to cic.
How long does it take after AOR to get medical request ?

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
tahminaml said:
Do we need to upload the pages at the back of WES Report or any other docs
Hi,

For WES we don't. For other documents we don't as well unless it contains information specific to you. For example some PCC's may contain such information.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Tatra said:
Dear TanakaM,

Thank you for addressing my query.

Regarding part time work experience, being a full-time student, i have got mixed response that if it is outside Canada then points can be claimed, can you confirm please.
Hi,

Thanks for noting that. I have modified my response.

The official Ministerial Instructions specify that for Canadian work experience

"(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

The section that details foreign work experience gives the following information:

"Foreign work experience

25. (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1); and
(d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission.

Requirements

(2) In order to be assigned points under section 23 or 24 for their foreign work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their foreign work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.

Full-time work

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(b), full-time work consists of at least 30 hours of work per week.
Work in excess

(4) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, a period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, are to be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

This does not say foreign work experience must be after full-time study. Therefore you can claim points for it.

Excuse the long message, but I thought it would be useful.

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
HarikrishnanJ said:
Hi Team,

As per the certificate credential assessment(ECA), should I need to validate both the U.G and P.G Degree or P.G alone is sufficient?

Please clear me on this.
If you have a Masters degree, getting it assessed on its own will do as you are given points for your highest qualification. However, if you are claiming 2 or more degrees, certificates or diplomas (without a masters) then both must be assessed.

The price for assessing one or multiple degree is the same with WES, therefore, I would advise that you get both your U.G and P.G credentials assessed. That is what I have done.

See this post, it may be of interest to you:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-with-masters-degree-should-i-get-my-bachelors-degree-evaluated-by-wes-t243561.0.html;msg4475630#msg4475630

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Gold Leaf said:
Hi friends...Can you tell wat is AOR. and after how much time one can receive this after sending the application to cic.
How long does it take after AOR to get medical request ?

Thanks
Hi,

1) AOR stands for Acknowledgement of Receipt. This is confirmation of CIC receiving your application. Based on people's current experience shared on this forum, it can come on the same day or within a week. But there is no standard time as some have waited longer.

2) You will not get a request for medicals as they must be done upfront (before you submit).

All the best

tahminaml

Oct 19, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront 11.02.17
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
LANDED..........
03-03-2018
TanakaM said:
Hi,

For WES we don't. For other documents we don't as well unless it contains information specific to you. For example some PCC's may contain such information.

All the best
thanks tanakaM for responding to my silly silly questions....bless!!!

Tatra

Mar 17, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi,

Thanks for noting that. I have modified my response.

The official Ministerial Instructions specify that for Canadian work experience

"(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;"

The section that details foreign work experience gives the following information:

"Foreign work experience

25. (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1); and
(d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission.

Requirements

(2) In order to be assigned points under section 23 or 24 for their foreign work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their foreign work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.

Full-time work

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(b), full-time work consists of at least 30 hours of work per week.
Work in excess

(4) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, a period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, are to be evaluated as a single period of full-time work.

This does not say foreign work experience must be after full-time study. Therefore you can claim points for it.

Excuse the long message, but I thought it would be useful.

All the best.
Thanks a tonne!!

reshad

Mar 19, 2017
I have question around how the process will impact for a person who came from different educational background but have work experience in other fields.

In my case I did my honors and masters in Geography and Environment but have 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering.

I fall under 2173 Software engineers and designers in NOC.
In this category it's mentioned in Employment requirements that - "Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.". What does it mean?

Can some one help me on this?

Mar 19, 2017
Hi,
Can anyone please help me. My result for express entry shows as not eligible.

Please find the details what I entered for my profile. Please help me to identify how to update it.

1) Which province or territory do you plan to live in? - Saskatchewan

2) Canada's official languages are English and French. Which language test did you take for your first official language? - IELTS

3) What date did you take this test?- 01 march 2017

4) Test score for speaking-6.5, listening-7.5, Reading-6.5, Writing-6

5) Canada's official languages are English and French. Which language test did you take for your second official language? NONE

6) In the last three years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have in Canada? It must have been full-time (or an equal amount in part time). NONE

7) During this period, which National Occupation Classification (NOC) level is most of the experience in? If you do not have any Canadian work experience during this period, please choose "None of
the above" . NONE

8) In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.
Four to Five

9) In the last five years, do you have at least two years of experience in one of these types of jobs (skilled trades)? NONE

10) How much money (in Canadian dollars) will you bring to Canada? 12164-15142

11) How many family members do you have? 1

12) Do you have a valid job offer in Canada? NO

13) What is your date of birth? Entered

14) What is the highest level of education for which you have earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, or have had an Educational Credential Assessment? (ECAs must be from an approved

agency, in the last five years. ANS : Selected, Bachelor's Degree.

15) Check that apply..
I have studied full-time in Canada for two years or more
I have at least two years of full-time work experience in Canada (the job must have been NOC Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B).
I have a relative in Canada who is 18 years or older, a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and is my parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew.
None of the above
Ans None of the above

melissach

Jan 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I just recived the PPR from CIC and need to update my current address.
How I can do this?
Is there a form?