+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

cmaple

Dec 12, 2016
Hi!

I am quite confused right now under the Education part of Express Entry.
I am a Pharmacist and as per my ECA, I have an equal of 4 year Bachelor's Degree. Should I select in the highest level of education portion in express entry as professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession?

Thank you.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Minx said:
Thanks TanakaM - I figured Q1 was a must but wanted to be sure. Yes I saw the website thanks, ironically it may take LONGER for a police cert in my home country vs the UK.
About Q2 - noted thanks. To clarify when you mean throughout the process.... Do you mean have the funds in the bank just before I submit my application or immediately liquidate my assets now (March) and transfer the cash OR when I officially submit my application, 30 - 60 days down the line? So the transfer is April/May

Thanks v much.
1) LOL it is like that in many countries. They say UK Police clearance is the most straight forward and one of the easiest to get.

2) I mean you need to have Proof of these funds until the day you land in Canada. The Immigration Officer at the airport my ask for it. With regards to the assets, i don't know much about this as I have simple kept the required funds in my account for 6 months and not touched it. However, if I were you I would liquidate them now and keep the funds in my account. Keep all the paperwork as CIC will need to know where these funds have come from and why there is a significant difference between your current balance and average 6 months balance.

I hope this helps.

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Minx said:
Congrats to all and Surekha. Im still in SHOCK as I just submitted my application the day after I received my education assessment from CES on Jan 19th. Today I received the ITA with a CRS of 437. While I am happy I thought this would take at least 6 to 8 months so I am now scrambling for time.

I have 2 questions to ask please.

1) Police Certificate - I stayed in the United Kingdom for 1 year i.e for my Masters education. This CIC website explains how to go about obtaining the certificate from the UK. The UK police website makes no mention of students tho? Given I obtained a student visa and was in the UK lawfully with no extended stay and breaches, will I still be required to obtain a certificate.

2) Given I anticipated the ITA taking between 6 to 8 months to apply, and anticipating some investment funds coming in, I put down bringing $35,000 to Canada. I have checked however on the CIC website and it say a single person is required to possess $12,300 in funds to show as proof. Will I be in breach of my application as I dont have the $35,000 currently? I have some investments that I do not want to liquidate yet and
some savings but after conversion it may not reach $12,300. I am also informed that you need to have these funds from the time you apply right up until you have an interview with the visa officer? IS there an interview for proof of funds? This is my main concern as I do not want the gov to think I applied fraudulently.

Many thanks for your help all.
1. I did my masters from uk as well and received my PCC yesterday. Took a total of 16 days. There's no special category mentioned so just apply normally, you will need an endorser though.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
KRahman said:
1. I did my masters from uk as well and received my PCC yesterday. Took a total of 16 days. There's no special category mentioned so just apply normally, you will need an endorser though.
Of those 16 day i'm sure 10 were for delivery. I got them to send a copy to my brother in London. He received it in 5 days.

ALIHINA

Feb 8, 2017
Can any one let me know if parents can be included as dependants in express entry profile?

If not whats the best way to take them with us? They are very old and ill and cant live alone.

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Guys,
Got the ITA today (score 435). Need some help on creating experience letters. Actually best practices on how to create the work experience yourself.

1. My primary NOC is 0125 (from past 7 plus years). Is there a template or format which anyone has that can be reused? If not, what are the absolutely required items in the experience letter.
2. My total work experience is 12 years, for the other 5 years, job code is 2141. Same query as above, plus shall I show experience for this? Is it not that they need only 6 years of experience. I've added both work experiences to my profile.

Thanks in advance.

PS - There are more questions on proof of funds etc but they come later. One step at a time!

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
vishalphonsa said:
Guys,
Got the ITA today (score 435). Need some help on creating experience letters. Actually best practices on how to create the work experience yourself.
A reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
TanakaM said:
Of those 16 day i'm sure 10 were for delivery. I got them to send a copy to my brother in London. He received it in 5 days.
nope, it was delivered in two days as per the booking of carrier by acro.. I guess you paid for the urgent one may be ? it was mentioned in application that it will take 10 working days.

dilipk29

Mar 3, 2016
Hi,

I have CRS of 432 and I have received a message in mycic from Ontario PNP asking to contact Ontario directly if I want to be nominated.

Should I wait for next draw hoping the next draw CRS will go below 432 or should I accept Ontario PNP?

If it's good to go with PNP, how many days will I have to accept their letter of interest ?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
dilipk29 said:
Hi,

I have CRS of 432 and I have received a message in mycic from Ontario PNP asking to contact Ontario directly if I want to be nominated.

Should I wait for next draw hoping the next draw CRS will go below 432 or should I accept Ontario PNP?

If it's good to go with PNP, how many days will I have to accept their letter of interest ?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
wait for it, you will get the ita in next draw hopefully :)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ALIHINA said:
Can any one let me know if parents can be included as dependants in express entry profile?

If not whats the best way to take them with us? They are very old and ill and cant live alone.
Dependents, for the sake of EE, are you spouse and children. Thus parents, unfortunately, do not qualify. You will need to sponsor them once you are settled in Canada. Based on your discription they may be inadmissible due to medical reasons. However, that will be upto CIC.

All the best.

Udayesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
vishalphonsa said:
Guys,

1. My primary NOC is 0125 (from past 7 plus years). Is there a template or format which anyone has that can be reused? If not, what are the absolutely required items in the experience letter.
2. My total work experience is 12 years, for the other 5 years, job code is 2141. Same query as above, plus shall I show experience for this? Is it not that they need only 6 years of experience. I've added both work experiences to my profile.

Thanks in advance.

PS - There are more questions on proof of funds etc but they come later. One step at a time!
For reference letters :http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t397796.0.html;topicseen

For Post ITA process : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t455826.0.html;topicseen

Hope it helps

+1 if it did.

omu

Feb 16, 2017
Re: Express Entry points

hi guys I need help on express study form, What counts as a full academic year to get points? I have a low score currently and I noticed no CRS points awarded for my Canadian education I filled in, Is it because I only filled in 8 months approximately or I have to fill in a full year date???