+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

swish003

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
swish003 said:
I submitted my application on Nov 14. I have a doubt regarding work experience letter:
My company has policy that managers or HR cannot provide employment verification letter with all the details that CIC need. They can only provide a letter on blank paper (no letterhead), detailing job duties. The employment verification is provided via a document from theworknumber.com. Interested parties can also visit the website to verify the details. So I uploaded the following in a single doc:
1. A letter explaining the above.
2. Job duties letter from manager, signed by her, along with her contact info
3. Verification letter from theworknumber.com: It has employment status (Active), length of employment, job title, biweekly pay, number of hours per week, start date, total income earned per year for last 4 years and a footnote saying this document is electronically approved by the employer.
4. Original job offer letter - its on company letter head
5. Promotion letter - it is also on letterhead. It has my current annual salary
6. 2 most recent pay slips

What are the chances of my application getting rejected? Any ideas? I am nervous about this, but have no other options.

q1234q

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
1. Is it after received PPR, I can assume everything is fine and no further documents or interview is required?
2. What is the expected time to receive the CoPR after submission of passport copy (visa-free nationality)?

Thanks so much.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harish21jun said:
Hello Experts,

With regards to employment references, I learnt that any experience more that 6 years does not count for points, it this correct?

I have 9+ yrs of experience = 4.4 yrs (in current company) + 1.8 yr (in last company) + prev company

So if I provide references for current and last companies, would that be that sufficient?
Also would not be mentioning prev company details in EE profile? Do they ask what did I do after graduation because there is no record of my prev company as per EE profile..?

Please suggest.

Thank you!
1 - If you're applying through FSW program work experience within the past 10 years will count.
2 - Reference letters from your current/previous company is sufficient
3 - If you're not claiming points for other work experience do not mention it in the work history section, once you receive your ITA you can mention it in the personal history section.

Cheers :)

azx0987

Sep 30, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
You can check your eligibility here http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

You need to do the IETLS test (or the CELPIP test) to measure your English skills.

hi

azx0987

Sep 30, 2015
I am planning to file a PR. I was checking my eligibility from this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp. I am wondering What options do I need to select from these questions ?

What would you like to do in Canada ?
Study
Visit
Move there
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada ?
Less than 6 months
More than 6 months
Permanently

- I did my Masters in Ottawa.
- I have a Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India and Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Ottawa
- I have around 8 months of Web Developer experience in Canada.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azx0987 said:
I am planning to file a PR. What options do I need to select from these questions ?

What would you like to do in Canada ?
Study
Visit
Move there
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada ?
Less than 6 months
More than 6 months
Permanently

- I did my Masters in Ottawa.
- I have a Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India and Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Ottawa
- I have around 8 months of Web Developer experience in Canada.
Move there - permanently

azx0987

Sep 30, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
Move there - permanently

And for this one:
What is your main reason to want to come to Canada?
Find a permanent job
Join a family
Invest in a business
Others

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azx0987 said:
And for this one:
What is your main reason to want to come to Canada?
Find a permanent job
Join a family
Invest in a business
Others
Find a permanent job

ahmedmeissa

Jul 25, 2016

Do you have any idea how can I obtain points for education under " Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees", I got my credential assessment report (Bachelor and postgraduate diploma) but I cannot find this option in the drop down menu while building the profile. They only have Bachelor, master and phd degrees.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmedmeissa said:
Do you have any idea how can I obtain points for education under " Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees", I got my credential assessment report (Bachelor and postgraduate diploma) but I cannot find this option in the drop down menu while building the profile. They only have Bachelor, master and phd degrees.
It doesn't exist anymore, the system will calculate if you are elegible for "two or more certificates" when you add your education credentials.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hi. I have applied for PR through inland sponsorship in August 2016, expecting that the whole process my take around 12-18 months.
I would also like to apply for Express Entry at the same time? Can I have two applications at the same time? If yes, then would one application affect another?

ahmedmeissa

Jul 25, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
It doesn't exist anymore, the system will calculate if you are elegible for "two or more certificates" when you add your education credentials.

Thanks
Does this mean that I cannot add my postgraduate diploma because it's Canadian equivalent is one semester (less than one year)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmedmeissa said:
Thanks
Does this mean that I cannot add my postgraduate diploma because it's Canadian equivalent is one semester (less than one year)
I was unable to find evidence that a person successfully claimed "two or more certificates" with an equivalency of one semester.

Check this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-select-two-or-more-certificates-with-wes-evaluation-as-collegelevel-cert-t392225.0.html

Maybe try to contact the people who were on the same boat.

Cheers ;)

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
I have a quick question, for the express entry question on the work experience.
Do you need to list ALL the jobs you have taken or only the ones in line with the NOC you want to apply to?

I worked in Canada under the PGWP and did various jobs such as sales, cashier but I am only basing my application on NOC 1241 which I have one year experience in.
Please advise. and if so do i need to get the employment letter from all the employers?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fizar said:
I have a quick question, for the express entry question on the work experience.
Do you need to list ALL the jobs you have taken or only the ones in line with the NOC you want to apply to?

I worked in Canada under the PGWP and did various jobs such as sales, cashier but I am only basing my application on NOC 1241 which I have one year experience in.
Please advise. and if so do i need to get the employment letter from all the employers?
Only the jobs that you're claiming points for.

Everything else you can include in the personal history section once you receive your ITA.