+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
manufacture said:
Hi all dears
I am manufacturing engineer and I have a bachelor's degree .I have five years work experiance and in natinal skills Competitions for two years I gained first position and I participated in world skills competition in London .I have all certificates

my questions
is this certificates effective in express entry ?

No. Only academic credentials (degrees/diplomas etc) in something add value. Certificates from competitions doesn't help your application in any way.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hb_rashidy said:
Inquiry Regarding PCC:

I have 2 PCCs. 1 from my home country and other from United Arab Emirates (UAE)
1. From my birth to 2010 - I lived in my home country.
2. From 2010 to 2012 - I lived in UAE. (UAE Pcc does not show any duration of stay)
During these 2 years, I have visited my home country frequently (6 times, total stay around 4 months)
3. From Dec 2012 till date - Home country.

So When I asked my home country Police to include all these 6 entries and exits in the PCC (Because I was in my home country for this period), they said that there PCC format does not allow this many entries. And they mentioned the whole time (even the time I stayed in UAE) in their PCC.

So now I am really worried about this situation. Do you think it can create a problem? Or it is not a big issue?
Plus I am thinking of writing explanation letter regarding the situation. Is it Ok?

See, as long as the duration mentioned covers the ENTIRE period of your stay in the country, you are good to go! IMO, it doesn't matter if it includes the period you stayed outside. As long as it covers all the period you stayed in the country, you are good to go! No issues here.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
khanengr said:
helo,
Could someone please help me clear my confusion , I have a 3 year diploma and bachelores engineering degree.

Will i be able to select "2 or more diploma,degree , out of which one is atleast a 3 year or more program" while filling out express entry profile.

I did diploma of 3 years after tenth and then engineering.

Please help.
This depends on what is mentioned on your ECA report. What does the "Summary" on your ECA report say?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
gill.jas2611 said:
Hi All,

need some suggestion.

Me & my husbandare currently on open work permit.
we can a child who is Canadian Citizen.

Our work permit is expiring in 3 months. can we extend it on basis of our child as he is a canadian citizen?
we have 5 months left to apply for express entry as my husband is working full time & has finished 7 months with his employer.
we just looking to get extension so we can apply for PR.
So is it possible to extend our work permit on basis of our child.

Your replies are appreciated.
Thanks
Jas Gill
I am not aware of any such provision wherein you can extend your WP based on the Canadian citizenship of your child.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aspiring Canadian said:
If i create my profit right now for the first time ever will it count if there is a draw tomorrow?
Yes, if your EE profile is active AND your CRS >= the cutoff CRS of the draw, you will receive an ITA.

mandar

Sep 22, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
Please reply if someone understood new rules.

Thanks

Check this to see what exactly falls under LMIA Exempt ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp

BUT, check this - www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

In the light of this information, you might NOT be eligible to claim points for that job. If you are on a OWP, your employer needs a new LMIA.
Thanks for replying.

I am on open work permit. But that work permit is depend on my spouse's PGWP. So my OWP will count as any other OWP or work permit issued to spouse of a foreign worker?

As work permit issued to spouse of a foreign worker and international student in Canada is exempt from needing LMIA but Any other work permit including PGWP needs LMIA.

So Will I get points for valid job offer without LMIA?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mandar said:
Thanks for replying.

I am on open work permit. But that work permit is depend on my spouse's PGWP. So my OWP will count as any other OWP or work permit issued to spouse of a foreign worker?

As work permit issued to spouse of a foreign worker and international student in Canada is exempt from needing LMIA but Any other work permit including PGWP needs LMIA.

So Will I get points for valid job offer without LMIA?

Thanks
I still don't think you are eligible to claim those points.

Asivad - Could you please advise?

sanket4444

Nov 15, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I need some expert advise with my express entry profile. First of all the following is my work experience:

1.) July 2011 - Aug 2012 - USA software engineer company 1
2.) Aug 2012 - June 2013 - USA software engineer company 2
3.) April 2014 - March 2016 - Business development officer for a chemical company on sales based commission in India (Not an employee here, but earn percentage on sales)

Can you please suggest what to put down on the profile. I think I already qualify for Express entry FSW because of No 1.

What is tricky is No 3. As it is on commission basis with just 1 client, will it be called self-employed? If yes that under what NOC to apply for it? And is it the case that such work experience will not count at all for express entry?

Thanks in advance. I have gained tremendous info about most things by reading through this forum. I am very grateful to the contributors :)

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hi,

Can anyone pls clarify that Bachelor of Dental Surgery amounts to a bachelor degree or a professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession.?

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Hi
1. If I have the work reference letters as per the format that IRCC requires, do I still need to submit pay slips, colleague reference letter etc... along with the file?

2. I held 5 job titles with the same employer, so each is showing as a separate work experience. The reference letter I have state all Job titles, so do I upload the same document for each Job I had, so end up uploading the same file 5 times?

Thanks

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
hi

im struggling with the identifying my NOC codes, I have emialed the NOC team and received a generic mail back.

i have pushed back to them saying i have already included all the details they need and also what i think the NOC codes are

any other ideas or suggestions welcome

thanks

Rob

gary377

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Hi all,

I have an active express entry profile with 456 crs points now last night i opened my express entry profile and the education section shown in progress and when i opened that section everything is complete rather than ECA which was i clicked before two or more bachelors degrees but now CIC removed that point of "Two or more bachelor degrees". I have two bachelor degrees one of 3 years and one of 1 year as per ECA and 1 masters which is post graduate diploma as according to ECA, so right now i have no option just to choose bachelor degree option and after that when i tried to update and transmit the button of continue doesnot pop-up so i can transmit my data now status of my profile is "not submitted". I dont know what to do but the CRS point are same 456 , if by chance cic go for draw can they consider my profile because it is under progress and cant allow me to update? secondly how can i update?Thirdly any changes that it can decrease my points ? Please help totally confused.

gary377

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
robb83 said:
hi

im struggling with the identifying my NOC codes, I have emialed the NOC team and received a generic mail back.

i have pushed back to them saying i have already included all the details they need and also what i think the NOC codes are

any other ideas or suggestions welcome

thanks

Rob
Just go to google and type your job profile and NOC canada i think it will show you options for that.

q1234q

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Hello,

After I submitted the passport copy and photo, what should I expect?

The next step is download the Confirmation of PR from the CIC website, right?