+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

isometric

Mar 20, 2012
Greetings, need some of your expert advise. Cousin of mine completed the following steps and on the step 5. He is stuck with some further questions...

1) Determined his eligibility by doing this CIC quiz

2) He has CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)

3) Got his qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment.

4) Determined the code 2263 that best applies to him on the(NOC) list. NOC 2263 (Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety)

5) Created his express entry profile and registered for the job bank.

I know a friend of mine who can offer my cousin a job offer/letter in his company but no clue if that falls under LMIA excemption code or not. My friends company is legit and he has 7 employees in total working for him. All I know that the offer will be legit as he will get cheap labor, but I'm pretty sure my friend won't go through any hassle of applying LMIA.

Is that all my cousin reuqired the 'offer letter' to get some extra point by having the job offer or letter?

SBarwal

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends help me with Birth certificate. I am 1980 born from India. Don't have birth certificate. Any other alternative?

Thk

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isometric said:
Greetings, need some of your expert advise. Cousin of mine completed the following steps and on the step 5. He is stuck with some further questions...

1) Determined his eligibility by doing this CIC quiz

2) He has CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)

3) Got his qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment.

4) Determined the code 2263 that best applies to him on the(NOC) list. NOC 2263 (Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety)

5) Created his express entry profile and registered for the job bank.

I know a friend of mine who can offer my cousin a job offer/letter in his company but no clue if that falls under LMIA excemption code or not. My friends company is legit and he has 7 employees in total working for him. All I know that the offer will be legit as he will get cheap labor, but I'm pretty sure my friend won't go through any hassle of applying LMIA.

Is that all my cousin reuqired the 'offer letter' to get some extra point by having the job offer or letter?
He must have an LMIA to get the additional points.
Getting "cheap labour" isn't an option in this. In order for a job offer to be legit, it must pay the average wage for that position in the area.
So if the average wage for someone in 2263 in that province is $40/hr (for example), and your friend is offering your cousin $20/hr, it's not a legit job offer.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SBarwal said:
Friends help me with Birth certificate. I am 1980 born from India. Don't have birth certificate. Any other alternative?

Thk
For the e-APR, only children need to submit BCs. BCs are not required for Primary Applicant and the spouse. If you are going for a provincial nominee program and if they request you to submit your BC, then you can submit an affidavit signed by a competent authority mentioning that you do not have a BC.

isometric

Mar 20, 2012
istari said:
Getting "cheap labour" isn't an option in this. In order for a job offer to be legit, it must pay the average wage for that position in the area.
So if the average wage for someone in 2263 in that province is $40/hr (for example), and your friend is offering your cousin $20/hr, it's not a legit job offer.
Just for an example, if he wants to pay my cousin the average wage for 2263 which is $40 (for example) - should the offer letter is good enough? Or my friend has to go through LMIA application ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
isometric said:
Just for an example, if he wants to pay my cousin the average wage for 2263 which is $40 (for example) - should the offer letter is good enough? Or my friend has to go through LMIA application ?
He is not going to get ANY CRS points for a non-LMIA job unless that job involves in issuance of a job offer/work permit under the NAFTA agreement OR as a part of a Intra-Company Transfer OR it is deemed as job that is of "significant benefit to Canada" OR the offer is because of a Federal-Provincial Trade agreement.

You can take a look at the changes that have come into effect -

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-11-12/html/notice-avis-eng.php#footnoteRef.50817

14 Sections 29 to 34 of the Instructions are replaced by the following:
Points for qualifying offer of arranged employment

29 (1) If a foreign national has a qualifying offer of arranged employment, they may be assigned points as follows:

(a) 200 points, if the offer is for employment in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupation Classification; or
(b) 50 points, if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Qualifying offer of arranged employment

(2) A qualifying offer of employment is one of the following:

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment <<LMIA>> — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;
(b) an offer of continuous full-time employment for a total duration of at least one year from the day on which a permanent resident visa is issued in a skilled trade occupation as defined in subsection 87.2(1) of the Regulations that is made to the foreign national by up to two employers, neither of which is an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii) of the Regulations if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of one or two employers or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer is made by up to two employers who are specified on the work permit, the foreign national currently works for one of those employers, the work permit was issued on the basis of a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to their employment with their current employer, the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on which the determination is based is not revoked or suspended, and the offer is in a skilled trade occupation that is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on the work permit, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations that specifies the employer or employers that made the offer, and the foreign national works for an employer specified on the permit and has accumulated a total of at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for the employers who made the offer.

manufacture

Nov 20, 2016
Hi I am from Iran
I am manufacturing engineer and I have a bachelor's degree .I have five years work experiance and in natinal skills Competitions for two years I gained first position and I participated in world skills competition in London .I have all certificates

my quastions
is this certificates effective in express entry ?

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Dear all,

I have a total score of 465(with wife coming to canada) and it jumps up to 478 (without wife coming to canada). My question is if i apply without wife and then apply for her oncr i reach canada (hopefully).. Then how long it will take for me to bring her i canada??

Amyngo

Nov 20, 2016
Dear all,

I'm a new member here and in process of preparing for EE. I'd like to ask about the "Continuous working experience" requirement. I've worked for 2 companies with the same NOC: one from 25/7/2015 to 31/12/2015, another one from 5/1/2016 till now. Does anyone know if it will be counted as 1 year continuous work experience?

Thanks in advance.

isometric

Mar 20, 2012
istari said:
How easy is to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for a small company?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isometric said:
How easy is to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for a small company?
Difficult. In order to get an LMIA, the employer must prove that there is no one currently allowed to work in Canada (citizens, PRs, people on open work permits) who is able to do the job.

isometric

Mar 20, 2012
istari said:
Difficult. In order to get an LMIA, the employer must prove that there is no one currently allowed to work in Canada (citizens, PRs, people on open work permits) who is able to do the job.
Thank you istari.

Another off topic question - if someone applies for Express Entry, can they also apply to PNP (AINP) program at the same time? Any impact?

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Hi Friends,
I completed two years IT Certification Post Graduate Diploma in Canada.Please guide me how many marks i will get if i submit my profile in express entry?which option i have to select in level of education?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jijialex said:
Hi Friends,
I completed two years IT Certification Post Graduate Diploma in Canada.Please guide me how many marks i will get if i submit my profile in express entry?which option i have to select in level of education?
You will get 15 extra points.

Cheers :)