+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

kamyab164

Sep 12, 2016
ravs77 said:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has revamped the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for its Express Entry immigration selection system. The changes, which had been expected for some time, will have a major effect on candidates for immigration to Canada through the three federal programs managed through Express Entry, namely the Federal Skilled Worker Class, the Federal Skilled Trades Class, and the Canadian Experience Class.

The new instructions on Express Entry, which were published in the government of Canada’s official Gazette, come into force on November 19, 2016.

The significant changes to job offers are:

A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in a Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification (senior managerial level position). These occupations are:
0011 Legislators
0012 Senior government managers and officials
0013 Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services
0014 Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
0015 Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services not elsewhere classified.
0016 Senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities
A qualifying job offer is now worth 50 points if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.
Previously, qualifying job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment were worth 600 points under the CRS. As of November 19, there will be new ways of being awarded either 50 or 200 points without the need to obtain a LMIA (though points will continue to be awarded to individuals with a new or existing LMIA). The new regulations also allow the following individuals to be awarded points for a qualifying job offer:

Individuals with a work permit issued under an international agreement, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
Individuals with a work permit issued under the ‘significant benefits to Canada’ criteria, such as Intra-Company Transfers.
In both above cases, the worker must have been working in Canada for at least one year and the job offer must be made by the same employer named on the work permit.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html
Hi guys,
Thank you for sharing the information. According to this post, the applicants under the open work permit are not eligible to get 50 points without LMIA.As I am currently under open work permit and a fulltime permanent job offer(with more than a year local work experience),I can not get this point? Does it mean I have to change my status from OWP to WP?How can I do that?How long it would take to change it? Is there somebody with the same situation?

Thank you

SnowWhite88

Nov 13, 2016
Hello guys, I hope someone would be able to answer me here. So I'm on Post-grad work permit in Canada, graduated recently so I do not have the one year Canadian work experience yet (Still searching for a full-time job). However, I have work experience from my home country after I graduated from High school. I worked as an administrative assistant from Mid 2005- August 2008. I want to use this experience to enter the Express entry pool but I have two concerns:

1. In all my previous applications to CIC (Study permit application/renewal, TRV application/Renewal etc) I have never included this work experience in those applications where they ask work history since ten years ago (I just put student). Would it be a problem if I now use this work experience to apply for Express Entry?

2. My salary was paid in cash, so no pay stub, bank statement or you name it. How would I be able to prove this to CIC?

I would highly appreciate it if someone would provide detailed answers to my questions.

Thanks.

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi All,

I recently got ontario nomination but my profile expired before I could get ITA. I need to create a new profile and need help on following 2 points:

1. In the Principal Applicant > Immigration history & citizenships section , there is question:
Applicant Name> applied to IRCC before"Have <Applicant Name> applied to IRCC before" Should I say No or Yes considering following 2 things:
(i) I had a business travel to Canada in year 2014. Do we have UCI in business travels ? If I should say Yes considering this, then where do I get the UCI and which EE profile number should I mention. Do we apply business visa also using EE profile (in 2014) ?
(ii) I have an expired profile for which I got nomination but no ITA.

2. I got promoted in Feb , but didn't inform OINP or change in EE bcz that won't affect points. Should I bother doing it now ? I won't get a new duty letter I think.

Should I really bother about above points or simply I simply create my new profile as exact copy of old one ignoring these ?

Asta La Vista

Nov 14, 2016
Do we need to hire a consultant for getting the processes done?.. If not , than how easy is it to start the process for EE and finish it by himself?
as first step i need to get my ECA done. some lease help me how to go about it . totally confused now.. :-[

reach.mr.rahul

Nov 14, 2016
Hi ,

Greetings !

I have gone through your post , Trust you are doing very good work . Thanks for your all hardwork

I have calculated my CSR on CIS website which comes to 373 and my wife IELTS exam is scheduled on this month end and we hope will make our CSR point to 391 -393. what i understand is the possible way to get PR is to apply PNP program . I am IT engineer with 9+ years of experience

Do you think we are eligible to apply PNP with this CSR points ? ( want to move Ontario , BC or alberta )

Shall i Proceed to create my EE profile now and if yes , would I be able to amend my wife language test result later in the same profile ??

Many thanks in advance !! Cheers !

teenzky

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2019
Help!

My IELTS exam will be 4 day from now. I reviewed my application online and noticed that the passport ID uploaded is not clear enough on the signature part but other details are okay. I can no longer upload a clearer version because it's already locked for editing.
Will I be rejected to take the exam on the test date? Please help me. I'm panicking now. :'(

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teenzky said:
Help!

My IELTS exam will be 4 day from now. I reviewed my application online and noticed that the passport ID uploaded is not clear enough on the signature part but other details are okay. I can no longer upload a clearer version because it's already locked for editing.
Will I be rejected to take the exam on the test date? Please help me. I'm panicking now. :'(
Take a photocopy of your passport with you on the day of your exam and submit at the centre. Don not worry.

Good Luck for your exam. :)

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reach.mr.rahul said:
Hi ,

Greetings !

I have gone through your post , Trust you are doing very good work . Thanks for your all hardwork

I have calculated my CSR on CIS website which comes to 373 and my wife IELTS exam is scheduled on this month end and we hope will make our CSR point to 391 -393. what i understand is the possible way to get PR is to apply PNP program . I am IT engineer with 9+ years of experience

Do you think we are eligible to apply PNP with this CSR points ? ( want to move Ontario , BC or alberta )
Ontario is the only province which has a minimum CRS for PNP.
The minimum CRS for Ontario is 400 for the English-speaking stream. For the French-speaking stream, there is no minimum.

BC and Alberta do not have a minimum CRS. But Alberta requires you to have a job offer. And for BC, you must either have a job offer, or you must have completed a post-grad qualification at a BC university.

Shall i Proceed to create my EE profile now and if yes , would I be able to amend my wife language test result later in the same profile ??
If you create your profile now, you can add your wife's language results late.

Many thanks in advance !! Cheers !

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I am planning to send my responsibilities to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca to get a opinion on my responsibilities. I am thinking two NOCs (2173 or 2174). Just emailing them to get their opinion on the NOC so that I could attach that email as evidence for my NOC claim while submitting the documents, if I happen to get an ITA.

My question is .. will it be a problem if they respond with a completely different NOC by any chance, and then I claim one of those NOC by myself? I saw someone mentioning to hide our personal details while emailing them. Is it required to do so?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DEEPCUR said:
I am planning to send my responsibilities to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca to get a opinion on my responsibilities. I am thinking two NOCs (2173 or 2174). Just emailing them to get their opinion on the NOC so that I could attach that email as evidence for my NOC claim while submitting the documents, if I happen to get an ITA.

My question is .. will it be a problem if they respond with a completely different NOC by any chance, and then I claim one of those NOC by myself? I saw someone mentioning to hide our personal details while emailing them. Is it required to do so?
They do not need your personal details anyway. You can remove it from the letter.It is unlikely for them to come up with a "completely different NOC" and even if they do, it is because of the roles you provided them with. If that happens, then you might want to re-visit and modify your roles to match the NOC more aptly.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
They do not need your personal details anyway. You can remove it from the letter.It is unlikely for them to come up with a "completely different NOC" and even if they do, it is because of the roles you provided them with. If that happens, then you might want to re-visit and modify your roles to match the NOC more aptly.
Thank you. I saw some old threads of people getting irrelevant responses from them, so had the question.

Just copy pasting the responsibilities, along with designation in the body of the email would be sufficient right? Is it mandatory to provide education too?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DEEPCUR said:
Thank you. I saw some old threads of people getting irrelevant responses from them, so had the question.

Just copy pasting the responsibilities, along with designation in the body of the email would be sufficient right? Is it mandatory to provide education too?
Yes, that will do! When I submitted my roles to them, they got back asking about my education. Its okay if you do not mention it too!

reach.mr.rahul

Nov 14, 2016
Thank you , I appreciate your response ..

Gosh , so what can do to get ITA with this score , any lead or any province which you can recommend to apply

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
reach.mr.rahul said:
Thank you , I appreciate your response ..

Gosh , so what can do to get ITA with this score , any lead or any province which you can recommend to apply
You can consider securing a Provincial Nomination.

Check the below post to learn more -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
HI All
any idea if the next draw will be before 19 November? or it will wait till the changes on CRS reflect?

thanks