+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Do I need to get police clearance from Canada, if I am applying for PR from within Canada.

I have been living in Canada for past 3 years, completed MASc and then have been working since past 1 year. I have initiated process to get updated police clearance from back home. Do I need to get one for my time in Canada too ?

As per CIC website, it says no but I know a friend from my school who recently submitted an APR, under a different category but he is has been living in Canada for some time too. He told me that he was asked for Canadian police clearance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salkhan said:
Do I need to get police clearance from Canada, if I am applying for PR from within Canada.

I have been living in Canada for past 3 years, completed MASc and then have been working since past 1 year. I have initiated process to get updated police clearance from back home. Do I need to get one for my time in Canada too ?

As per CIC website, it says no but I know a friend from my school who recently submitted an APR, under a different category but he is has been living in Canada for some time too. He told me that he was asked for Canadian police clearance.
Maybe. If IRCC require a PCC, they will request it later on in the process.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
istari said:
Maybe. If IRCC require a PCC, they will request it later on in the process.
Thank you,

Should I get it done anyways and submit it? to prevent any delays

karthikreddy

Oct 14, 2016
Hi

I have sent my EOI to Prince Edward Island couple of months back but haven't heard anything until now, do anyone have a idea of how long will it take and chances of accepting.

sri987

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
US
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
karthikreddy said:
Hi

I have sent my EOI to Prince Edward Island couple of months back but haven't heard anything until now, do anyone have a idea of how long will it take and chances of accepting.
I heard, they are faster in responding. Even am trying...when did you send and whats your CRS &NOC ?

Bogdahn

Jul 30, 2014
Kyiv, Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, Ukraine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
~June'17
does anyone know why I can not login into EE since couple of hours?
Internal server error
Error 500

??
could you please check if you can?
thx

upd
I use this link:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne-cic.fjgc-gccf.gc.ca/mycic/gccf?lang=eng&idp=gckey&svc=/mycic/start

justmommy

Oct 14, 2016
hi everybody,
Just a quick question - I am returning to my work after maternity leave. Should I include maternity leave in my experience? I could not find any information anywhere on this.

Thanks

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about proof of work experience.

1) When I visited my home country in March, I visited my former employer and asked for a reference letter. It includes all information required by CIC, but it was dated March 2016. Do letters of reference for previous work experience have an expiry date?

2) Regarding my current job in Canada (which I use to claim points for CEC), is it adequate to submit a reference letter along with payslips from the past 6 months? I have T4 for the year 2015 but I just started in October 2015, so I do not think T4 would provide much info. Therefore, I do not plan to submit T4 but will submit payslips instead.

Thank you so much for your kind support.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ScarletSails said:
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about proof of work experience.

1) When I visited my home country in March, I visited my former employer and asked for a reference letter. It includes all information required by CIC, but it was dated March 2016. Do letters of reference for previous work experience have an expiry date?

2) Regarding my current job in Canada (which I use to claim points for CEC), is it adequate to submit a reference letter along with payslips from the past 6 months? I have T4 for the year 2015 but I just started in October 2015, so I do not think T4 would provide much info. Therefore, I do not plan to submit T4 but will submit payslips instead.

Thank you so much for your kind support.
1. Letters of experience obtained from previous employer after you have left them does not have any validity.

2. In addition to reference letters and salary slips submit T4 as well as the requirement states to submit T4 as well.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
1. Letters of experience obtained from previous employer after you have left them does not have any validity.

2. In addition to reference letters and salary slips submit T4 as well as the requirement states to submit T4 as well.
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks so much for your response.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
justmommy said:
hi everybody,
Just a quick question - I am returning to my work after maternity leave. Should I include maternity leave in my experience? I could not find any information anywhere on this.

Thanks
No.

chinmoong

Jun 12, 2013
HI,

Hope someone can assist me on following:

I had two Canada qualifications and would like to know what is the education points I can get for FSW

1. Ontario college of trade - certificate of qualification - journeyperson class.
2. Alberta child development - qualification certificate from Alberta goverment.

I also had one year postgraduate diploma from oversea but no degree.

Regards
Kelvin

Gunjan_7

Aug 12, 2014
Hello Seniors,

Can some one please let me know is it advisable to renew my Son's passport when my file of PR is in process. I have got the AOR in 21st July and my Medical is in Passed status.

Once the passport will be renewed, should I need to inform CIC about this or it will be trouble later at the time of stamping a Visa. Did you have any experience related to this? Please share your views.

Regards,
Gunjan

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gunjan_7 said:
Hello Seniors,

Can some one please let me know is it advisable to renew my Son's passport when my file of PR is in process. I have got the AOR in 21st July and my Medical is in Passed status.

Once the passport will be renewed, should I need to inform CIC about this or it will be trouble later at the time of stamping a Visa. Did you have any experience related to this? Please share your views.

Regards,
Gunjan
The validity of your son's passport should be 12 months at the time you receive PPR. So if it's getting close to that, you'd best renew it now.
Once the passport is renewed, you can simply let IRCC know.
It won't cause any problems.