+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys have a quick question... I'm helping fill the EE profile for my bro, but i dont know what to enter in the below column

in education details, it asks for field of study, then start and end date... after that it asks for "Complete/Full Academic years"

what should i enter here ? if its bachelors, then it should be 10+2+3 = 15, or just 3 ?

which also brings up another question - if you have completed masters, should i mention both bachelors and masters degrees in the education field or just the highest degree i.e. masters ??

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
Guys have a quick question... I'm helping fill the EE profile for my bro, but i dont know what to enter in the below column

in education details, it asks for field of study, then start and end date... after that it asks for "Complete/Full Academic years"

what should i enter here ? if its bachelors, then it should be 10+2+3 = 15, or just 3 ?

which also brings up another question - if you have completed masters, should i mention both bachelors and masters degrees in the education field or just the highest degree i.e. masters ??
Master's.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks mate

are you sure i just need to enter masters ? if both bachelors and masters were evaluated by WES, i beleive we need to provide details for both in the EE ... correct me if i'm wrong here ?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
thanks mate

are you sure i just need to enter masters ? if both bachelors and masters were evaluated by WES, i beleive we need to provide details for both in the EE ... correct me if i'm wrong here ?
I have entered both Bachelors and Masters because they were evaluated by WES. I believe if you have a higher degree, points are awarded based on that.

I had used CRS tool to calculate points and had entered masters degree this calculated 340 points then I entered Bachelor and Master in my EE profile and that also gave me 340 points.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
I have entered both Bachelors and Masters because they were evaluated by WES. I believe if you have a higher degree, points are awarded based on that.

I had used CRS tool to calculate points and had entered masters degree this calculated 340 points then I entered Bachelor and Master in my EE profile and that also gave me 340 points.
yeah thats what i will do also, thats what i understood also from the EE profile
BTW congrats on your SINP nomination... good luck for the rest of the process

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
What is the very first status of background check when file is created?

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
Hi,

My current CRS score is 446. I don't know why am I not getting (25 extra out of 50 for "CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience") points for 3+ years of experience. Please guide me because as per my calculation, my experience is more than 3 years, and my points should be 471. Below is the summery of my work ex:

Mar12-Feb13 - 12 mths - NOC 1111
Mar13-Feb14 - 12 mths - NOC 1112
Jun15-Aug15 - 03 mths - NOC 1111
Dec15-Feb16 - 03 mths - NOC 1111
Mar16-current - 07 mths and counting - NOC 1112
Total experience - 37 mths

Then why am I getting points for only 2-3 years of exp and not 3+ yrs of experience. Please guide. Thanks, Ronak

Bigbenbird

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
thestunner316 said:
dont use paper copy :)

try using a different browser or clear the cookies/cache from existing ones... personally i would try using a different browser first.
Tried different browsers, cleared cookies, different PC's, Ipads etc etc......

Still no luck

BBB

Bigbenbird

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
After all the hassle with the website I was given some advice, and maybe some of you guys could confirm my feelings...

I have applied for PR but unfortunately the processing time is now showing is longer and is beyond my WP expiration. So the advice I received was to apply for a BOWP. Which I have been trying to do online, but there is a system error/technical difficulty message on the application page, inhibiting me from applying online. The online application processing is 35 days, mailed applications take 120 days, but I only have 70 days left on my current WP.

My first question is this…..

If I apply for a BOWP via the mail and can prove I have done so, does that give me implied status beyond my current WP expiration?

My wife is here with me in Canada and was only given a Visitor Record (matched/linked) to my WP

My second question is this……

If I include my wife on my BOWP she should be granted a SOWP, but does she get the same implied status I do?

If not can we just go to a CIC office and get her a new Visitor Record?

Any thoughts

Ben

nikjuneja

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013 CC Charged...: 1-Aug-2013 PER Received...: 12-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013 ECAS update...: 23-Feb-2014 (processing started on 21-Feb-2014)..
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
01-03-2014 PPT rcvd by NDVO: 04-03-2014 ECAS update : 09-03-2014(Medicals rcvd) DD encashed: 12-Mar-2014 Decision Made: 30-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Collected passports from VFS on 3-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
[color=green][b] 17th July 2014
Friends who are about to land.. i have just written a blog for all landing procedures at Pearson Airport..
do read it and carry a printout of the same.
can block me if you think its a scam:

https://nikhiljuneja.wordpress.com/about/

~Nik

hussainzzzz

Sep 26, 2016
Dear All

My Name is Hussain.
I am working in oman as Mechanical Engineer for Static and Rotating equipments.
I have 6+ years of experience and i got IELTS Band 7 R-7 w-6 s-6.5 L-7.5 and i have entered express entry pool with CRS score of 373.
also i have applied for quebec province under skilled worker.
my NOC is 2132 (Mechanical Engg). i have been entered in EE pool from april 2016, But before entering pool i had struggled a lot with ielts which consumed my lot of time
perhaps my work schedule did not allow me to prepare well, now am in EE pool, and i am looking forward in desperation to place my Canada.
I have Masters IN mechanical engg which can boost my profile IN Aviation, Oil and Gas, Power sector as technical consultant.

before moving to oman i worked in saudi arabia, also i want to know if i get ITA the police PCC is required or not because in CIC website its showing PCC of saudi arabia is required online if the residence permit is valid.

alos let me know if oman PCC is also required becuase i have just started my job here.

I am a native bangalorean.

Regards
hussain

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
hussainzzzz said:
Dear All

My Name is Hussain.
I am working in oman as Mechanical Engineer for Static and Rotating equipments.
I have 6+ years of experience and i got IELTS Band 7 R-7 w-6 s-6.5 L-7.5 and i have entered express entry pool with CRS score of 373.
also i have applied for quebec province under skilled worker.
my NOC is 2132 (Mechanical Engg). i have been entered in EE pool from april 2016, But before entering pool i had struggled a lot with ielts which consumed my lot of time
perhaps my work schedule did not allow me to prepare well, now am in EE pool, and i am looking forward in desperation to place my Canada.
I have Masters IN mechanical engg which can boost my profile IN Aviation, Oil and Gas, Power sector as technical consultant.

before moving to oman i worked in saudi arabia, also i want to know if i get ITA the police PCC is required or not because in CIC website its showing PCC of saudi arabia is required online if the residence permit is valid.

alos let me know if oman PCC is also required becuase i have just started my job here.

I am a native bangalorean.

Regards
hussain
You require pcc's of all country where u have stayed

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronakshah92 said:
Hi,

My current CRS score is 446. I don't know why am I not getting (25 extra out of 50 for "CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience") points for 3+ years of experience. Please guide me because as per my calculation, my experience is more than 3 years, and my points should be 471. Below is the summery of my work ex:

Mar12-Feb13 - 12 mths - NOC 1111
Mar13-Feb14 - 12 mths - NOC 1112
Jun15-Aug15 - 03 mths - NOC 1111
Dec15-Feb16 - 03 mths - NOC 1111
Mar16-current - 07 mths and counting - NOC 1112
Total experience - 37 mths

Then why am I getting points for only 2-3 years of exp and not 3+ yrs of experience. Please guide. Thanks, Ronak
if your education is bachelors only, then you dont get extra points... those full points are only if you do masters and above...
had this same doubt myself a few months back

vibhu_kk

Oct 14, 2015
Hi Guys,
I have a silly question to which I seem to be unable to find any answers to online.

Story:
I applied for PR through Express Entry System in mid-2015. Towards the end of 2015, I received a PPR requsting me to submit my passport. Right around that time I decided to get married and when I sent my passport, I also send sent proof of my marriage to NVDO and through Case Specific Enquiry informing them about the change in my marital status. Now that the background check and medicals for my wife have been cleared, I have been asked to submit passports of both me and my wife. I also paid RPRF again for my wife's application as requested by CIC.

Questions:
1. Is my wife a dependent or an individual PR like me?
2. If she is an accompanying PR, would she have a default work permit in Canada (as for her, no language tests or Education Credential Assessment was asked for)?
3. If she doesn't have a work permit with the PR, do I need to apply for an OWP (Open Work Permit) for her?
4. What is the right time to apply for an OWP? Before getting the PR, After getting our PR, or after Port of Entry?

Any help is really appreciated in this regard.