+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TheRRb

Aug 19, 2016
Hi,

Could anyone advice on all possible ways to provide proof of funds ?

I'm currently from a country where it's not possible to hold a bank account in a foreign currency and no way to transfer money abroad ! One is only allowed to exchange a fixed amount of money yearly and by passport which is not enough to cover the required funds.

Is it possible to open a bank account in Canada before getting the permanent residence ? In such case I could transfer the required funds from a friends bank accounts from abroad before applying for the PR ?

Also, if my spouse is a signatory of a bank account containing transferable funds (but the account is not on her name), is it fine as a proof of funds ?

Thanks for your help !

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hassanSh said:
Hi Everyone!

I want to apply for FSWP immigration and for that need to move to first step that is Academic Credential Assessment. I have done 4 years degree in computer science in 2004 (2000-2004) and have done MS in Telecom & Networks (2007-2009).
I will proceed with Comparative Education Service (CES) as my last university in not list with WES. My question is that should I pay fee for two degrees or only for last degree?
Kindly need help for people who have gone through all process....Really appreciated
I am not sure about CES, but if you get your educational credentials assessed by WES, you do not have to pay for every degree that you get assessed in one lot. You can look up for the same on CES website.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TheRRb said:
Hi,

Could anyone advice on all possible ways to provide proof of funds ?

I'm currently from a country where it's not possible to hold a bank account in a foreign currency and no way to transfer money abroad ! One is only allowed to exchange a fixed amount of money yearly and by passport which is not enough to cover the required funds.

Is it possible to open a bank account in Canada before getting the permanent residence ? In such case I could transfer the required funds from a friends bank accounts from abroad before applying for the PR ?

Also, if my spouse is a signatory of a bank account containing transferable funds (but the account is not on her name), is it fine as a proof of funds ?

Thanks for your help !
1. For proof of funds you can show all your savings and investment details. For this you will have to provide letter from bank, 6 months account statements, investment statements and whatever documents you have in in this regard. If any of your relative is gifting you money, you can execute a Gift Deed in this regard, please note this should not be a loan or borrowed money. You cannot take a loan to show as POF. The basic requirement for POF is that the funds so declared should be unencumbered and readily transferable.

2. You do not have to have a foreign currency bank account to show as POF. The bank account can be in your home currency, but the amount that you declare should be equivalent to the minimum requirement (LICO) as applicable for the number of applicants.

3. There is no need to open a bank account in Canada before getting PR.

4. As long as the primary applicant is the account holder, it does not matter who the authorised signatory is. In fact, this fact will not be even mentioned in the monthly statements.

TheRRb

Aug 19, 2016
Stanlee said:
1. For proof of funds you can show all your savings and investment details. For this you will have to provide letter from bank, 6 months account statements, investment statements and whatever documents you have in in this regard. If any of your relative is gifting you money, you can execute a Gift Deed in this regard, please note this should not be a loan or borrowed money. You cannot take a loan to show as POF. The basic requirement for POF is that the funds so declared should be unencumbered and readily transferable.

2. You do not have to have a foreign currency bank account to show as POF. The bank account can be in your home currency, but the amount that you declare should be equivalent to the minimum requirement (LICO) as applicable for the number of applicants.

3. There is no need to open a bank account in Canada before getting PR.

4. As long as the primary applicant is the account holder, it does not matter who the authorised signatory is. In fact, this fact will not be even mentioned in the monthly statements.
Many thanks Stanlee for the answer.

Actually, my concern is about 'readily transferable' ! I have the required balance in my bank account in home currency BUT given the country foreign currency exchange rules, I'm not allowed to convert that money in any other currency, which means the money is not transferable to an account with different currency. The only solution I can imagine is asking a friend working abroad to transfer the requested money for me to a bank account in CAD that I would open in Canada and I would reimburse him the equivalent of that money in my home currency (in a bank account he own in my home country).

Actually, some other countries have the same restriction on foreign currency transfer so I'm wondering if there is any solution to that !

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TheRRb said:
Many thanks Stanlee for the answer.

Actually, my concern is about 'readily transferable' ! I have the required balance in my bank account in home currency BUT given the country foreign currency exchange rules, I'm not allowed to convert that money in any other currency, which means the money is not transferable to an account with different currency. The only solution I can imagine is asking a friend working abroad to transfer the requested money for me to a bank account in CAD that I would open in Canada and I would reimburse him the equivalent of that money in my home currency (in a bank account he own in my home country).

Actually, some other countries have the same restriction on foreign currency transfer so I'm wondering if there is any solution to that !
As far as I know, you cannot open a bank account in Canada unless you have PR or some form of Canadian identity document listed in List A here http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/eng/resources/publications/yourRights/Pages/OPENINGA-Ouvertur.aspx#types

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Hello experts,

I have been gathering my documents in case i ever receive an ITA.
I can get a letter from both places i mentioned work experience from including the duties in details and the duration of each position. I'm paid a percentage of the projects value as my salary and it means i might not receive salary for a couple of months. will that make any problem?
My other question is, is that enough to convince the officer, or do i have to add more documents?
If i have to add more, i only can get some bank drafts on which the company sent money to my account. In addition to that i'm not living in my home country and a couple of times i asked the company to send one of my salaries to their branch in my country where they deposited in my father's account and he later on opened an account for me in my name (he has authorization from me to do so) in my country and deposited that amount in my account. I'm using that account as the supporting fund for the application.
It is not a straight forward case but it is not always possible to plan your life in a way that the officer understands.
I wonder if this may cause any problem for me.
Your advice is much appreciated.

Regards
Vahid

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I came across recent Canadian immigration minister's interview on streamlining the system. After reading the interview excerpts that stressed the importance for international students, and with recent high crs scores in draws, I'm getting a feeling that express entry could get tougher for the applicants who are applying from outside Canada. My question is if any changes are made to the system, will it take immediate effect from September itself, or will it require some time to come in to effect after undergoing some legislative /rule making process? Also, is PNP system federal government discretion or formulated by the provincial government ? Will the changes made to the express entry system affect them too?

shashar

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

We received AOR from Ontario on 9th July. Any idea how much time it is getting to get the nomination these days? Our application is getting expired end of Nov :(

Thanks,
Shalini

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shashar said:
Hello All,

We received AOR from Ontario on 9th July. Any idea how much time it is getting to get the nomination these days? Our application is getting expired end of Nov :(

Thanks,
Shalini
Were you a January applicant? Relax - people who have applied in October/November 2015 are still waiting for nomination. Your turn will come! Please post these questions on the relevant threads next time around!

Good luck and all the very best!

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi Raj, Hi Stanlee,

Thank you for all the good work you guys are doign by helping people like us.. May God Bless you both :)

I had a query with respect to Work experience reference letter.

I had got the work ex letters last year only from my previous employers as per the format like roles responsibilities, no of hours, fulll time etc.

These letter were addressed to Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC ) as last year .it was the department name.

I got those work ex reference letters in October - November 2015.

But now i was reading forums.. and cic website.. its showing department named is changed to below department

Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada ( IRCC).

Will my reference letters from employer will be a problem now as they are addressed to Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC )

am tensed as i came to know only this week.

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
motocheck said:
Hi Raj, Hi Stanlee,

Thank you for all the good work you guys are doign by helping people like us.. May God Bless you both :)

I had got the work ex letters last year only from my previous employers as per the format like roles responsibilities, no of hours, fulll time etc.

These letter were addressed to Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC ) as last year .it was the department name.

But now i was reading forums.. and cic website.. its showing department named is changed to below department

Will my reference letters from employer will be a problem now as they are addressed to Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC )

Thanks
This will not be a problem at all.
IRCC understand that this is a situation that is bound to occur.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
motocheck said:
Hi Raj, Hi Stanlee,

Thanks
No, this wont be an issue, IMO but I suggest you to get updated reference letters when you submit your eAPR (that is, if you have not submitted your application yet).

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
1. Proof of Funds - The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

2. Six Months Average - Sum of closing balance of your savings or investment accounts for six months divided by six.

3. Individual or Joint Account - You can maintain the accounts individually and show the statements for the last 6 months for both the accounts. Whoever is going to be the co-applicant will need to provide a signed self declaration on plain paper. The declaration should state that you or your wife (depending on who is co-applicant/dependent) is a co-applicant in the PR application and the funds so held in the account are to be used for migration purposes and they have no objection for the same. Mention the details in a Letter of Explanation

There is no need to open a joint account as the above option would work. In case you want to open a joint account, you may have to show the source of funds for the same (which would be transfers from both of your accounts). In this case show bank joint account monthly statements along with proof of transfers to this account. Submit it along with a Letter of Explanation.

4. Car Loan - Car loan is a secured loan, in the event of a default, the lender has a charge on the asset. CIC is not concerned about car loan, they are more concerned if the applicant has availed a loan to meet the POF requirements, which is not the case for you. So you need not be worried about your loans impacting your application.
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks a bunch for your details. I think these have pretty much sorted by confusion and I hope not to raise this doubt again.

Before I close, I have a query further to one of your answers.
I have credit cards from 2 banks with whom I do not have any bank account. Just have credit cards and I pay the monthly bill through a normal debit that happens from my salary account.

Do i, in this case, need to get letters from these banks as well with details of my spends/debt? Or can i ignore this since I do not have an account per se with them?

Awaiting your reply.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
No, this wont be an issue, IMO but I suggest you to get updated reference letters when you submit your eAPR (that is, if you have not submitted your application yet).
I Raj,

I have asked my employer/wife's employer to give a reference letter with "To whomsoever it may concern" at the top. I hope this is valid as well?

Please confirm. Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers !

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kashjuni said:
I Raj,

I have asked my employer/wife's employer to give a reference letter with "To whomsoever it may concern" at the top. I hope this is valid as well?

Please confirm. Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers !
Perfectly valid!

Just one thing - Who is the primary applicant? Does the dependent in the applicant have Canadian Work experience?