+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Eniada

Nov 4, 2014
Hi everyone, i would like to apply for immigration too, i'm from Albania. I have a fiancee, and id like to ask: we are not legally married or anything, formally i am sigle, but since we are engaged do you think is it better to apply alone or as couple? How can i apply as a couple if we cnt get married yet?
The other question, do you know a lawyer? Is david cohen good? I'm not sure if he is fraud or true.

Thank you very much.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eniada said:
Hi everyone, i would like to apply for immigration too, i'm from Albania. I have a fiancee, and id like to ask: we are not legally married or anything, formally i am sigle, but since we are engaged do you think is it better to apply alone or as couple? How can i apply as a couple if we cnt get married yet?
The other question, do you know a lawyer? Is david cohen good? I'm not sure if he is fraud or true.

Thank you very much.
There are only 2 situations in which you can apply as a couple: if you are married, or if you are common-law partners.

Being common-law partners means you have lived together for at least 1 year.
If this is the case, you need to be able to prove this (both your names on a rental contract, or utility bills, etc.).

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
hi ..

i ve been suggested in my previous question that i should go with my duties and responsibilities matching with specific NOC, my question is
1. does it will not affect my chances of getting job in JOB BANK or the employer whosoever or visa officer who will assess my profile that i do not possess required qualifications as per the NOC i opted while duties and responsibilities are matching to 60 -70%?
2. do I need ECA before applying for job on my own, outside JOB BANK?
regards

Eniada

Nov 4, 2014
istari said:
There are only 2 situations in which you can apply as a couple: if you are married, or if you are common-law partners.

Being common-law partners means you have lived together for at least 1 year.
If this is the case, you need to be able to prove this (both your names on a rental contract, or utility bills, etc.).

Thank you for your reply, i actually know that, my question is do i have more chances if iappy alone or if i get mearried and apply with my husb? Which one is better? Thank you again.. Hey what about david cohen, does anyone know if he's a scam or not? Thank you )

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Eniada said:
Thank you for your reply, i actually know that, my question is do i have more chances if iappy alone or if i get mearried and apply with my husb? Which one is better? Thank you again.. Hey what about david cohen, does anyone know if he's a scam or not? Thank you )
If you apply as a single applicant, you might get more CRS points but your spouse will not be able to accompany with you to Canada. You have to go through a long process called spousal sponsorship if you want to sponsor your spouse in the future. There is no preference for single candidates or married candidates - your CRS is all that matters.

David Cohen, from what I see, is one of the top immigration lawyers available. The decision to hire him or not rests with you.

Eniada

Nov 4, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you apply as a single applicant, you might get more CRS points but your spouse will not be able to accompany with you to Canada. You have to go through a long process called spousal sponsorship if you want to sponsor your spouse in the future. There is no preference for single candidates or married candidates - your CRS is all that matters.

David Cohen, from what I see, is one of the top immigration lawyers available. The decision to hire him or not rests with you.
Than you very much :)

vaish1987

Aug 14, 2016
Hi Everyone ,

I am new to this forum and It will be great if you can help me out.

I got my AOR on 18/02/2016 and PPR on 12/08/2016 from London office.

But I have Following issues and I am not sure what to do.

1. I need to submit my passport by 12/09/2016. But Unfortunately I have another trip planned and it clashes with the PPR dates. I have already bought my flight tickets and paid for hotel bookings. It all non-refundable. Is there any way to get an extension on PPR. Has anyone ever gotten a PPR extension ?

2. My medicals is expiring on 23/09/2016 . There is not way i can land in Canada by then. So what should I do about it ?

Please help me out ... I feel very stressed about all this even after receiving my PPR.

Thank you in advance.

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I need help. If an offshore EE applicant becomes inland, does the country of residence have to be changed in the EE profile to Canada??

Please reply soon

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaish1987 said:
Hi Everyone ,

1. I need to submit my passport by 12/09/2016. But Unfortunately I have another trip planned and it clashes with the PPR dates. I have already bought my flight tickets and paid for hotel bookings. It all non-refundable. Is there any way to get an extension on PPR. Has anyone ever gotten a PPR extension ?
Yes, you can request an extension. But they may deny the request.

2. My medicals is expiring on 23/09/2016 . There is not way i can land in Canada by then. So what should I do about it ?
You may be able to request an extension. Otherwise, you will need to have another medical done.

Please help me out ... I feel very stressed about all this even after receiving my PPR.

Thank you in advance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veritas said:
Hello everyone, I need help. If an offshore EE applicant becomes inland, does the country of residence have to be changed in the EE profile to Canada??

Please reply soon
Yes.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaish1987 said:
Thank you istari for your reply.

Have you heard of any cases where CIC has granted PPR deadline extension ?
Yes, but it's usually because the applicant's passport is going to expire, and they require time for the new one to be issued.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vaish1987 said:
Hi Everyone ,

Please get this sorted out BEFORE you start traveling. Ensure that your VO has agreed to provide an extension and then go on the trip. If, unfortunately, they deny you extension, then you might have to re-plan your trip.

You MUST land before your medical test expires. If you have a very compelling reason as to why you cannot land, you can raise a CSE and mention the same. Ensure that they provide you an extension; If they don't (and you don't land before this date), your COPR and your visa will be voided and you have to start from scratch.

Thank you in advance.