+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahuldokwal said:
Thanks Istari,

So how long will it take to get the PR card, is it not that we need to have PR card before landing in Canada. I am little bit confuse that how immigration will allow us, what proof we need to show them that we are going to get PR.
At the moment, the processing time for PR cards is about 50 days, I think. But this changes frequently.

To land, you need your COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). It's a visa which is stuck into your passport.
A PR card is an ID card issued by the Canadian government. It has your photo and details on it (name, DOB, etc.).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
PeachesAndMaples said:

Good day.

Newbie here. Single/Never Married/Has no dependent children. Kindly help me on my concerns as listed below:

1. Can I declare my mother and my siblings as my family member. I am willing to provide equivalent proof of fund for all my family member.

2. May you select which Noc to use for my experience:
A. External Auditor - 1111 as Fin. Auditor and Accoutant
B. Assistant Manager - Will it be 1111 or 0111 as Financial Manager?
C. Audit Head - Will it be 1111 or 0111 as Financial Manager?

3. Will Noc lever 0 get me higher score than Level B since 1111 is level B and 011 is level 0.

Thank you so much.
I answered your first question in the Pinoy thread, but to repeat, it's no.

The NOC 0, A, B selection does not matter in the allotment of points. You get the same points whatever NOC level you choose.
The distinctions: NOC 0 are managerial positions, NOC A requires a bachelor's degree minimum, NOC B are technical positions.

Bigbenbird

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Bigbenbird said:
I guess the only other thing Im struggling with is the Proof of Means of Financial Support document

Firstly I thought as a CEC applicant, having a current job and still being employed negated the need for proof of funds type documentation? Obviously I will be submitting a proof of employment letter from my current employer.

I did state a nominal value of half an average pay check in the Family section, where it asks 'How much money (in Canadian dollars) will Benjamin Robert Bird bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?' Is this why im being asked for proof of finances?

If I need to get a document from the bank to verify my financial standing, how much detail does there need to be?

I only ask as there is conflicting info on the forums about this. I have a current account (Joint), a savings account and a credit card with Scotia, and I have recently taken out a vehicle loan with TD to buy a work truck........

When it comes to balances what exactly do I need to submit? current balances and an average over the last 6 months? or a full statement for 6 months? or month end balances for 6 months? DO I need them for all the accounts I have?

Many thanks

Ben

P.S. I just changed the value to ZERO and the proof documentation row for financial support has disappeared, am I safe to leave it this way?
Bump....

Can anyone offer any advice to my previous questions/post?

Many thanks

Ben

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Bigbenbird said:
I guess the only other thing Im struggling with is the Proof of Means of Financial Support document

Firstly I thought as a CEC applicant, having a current job and still being employed negated the need for proof of funds type documentation? Obviously I will be submitting a proof of employment letter from my current employer.

I did state a nominal value of half an average pay check in the Family section, where it asks 'How much money (in Canadian dollars) will Benjamin Robert Bird bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?' Is this why im being asked for proof of finances? - Yes

If I need to get a document from the bank to verify my financial standing, how much detail does there need to be? - You would not need to upload this letter since you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada. This is mentioned on this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

I only ask as there is conflicting info on the forums about this. I have a current account (Joint), a savings account and a credit card with Scotia, and I have recently taken out a vehicle loan with TD to buy a work truck........

When it comes to balances what exactly do I need to submit? current balances and an average over the last 6 months? or a full statement for 6 months? or month end balances for 6 months? DO I need them for all the accounts I have? - If you mention any amount, then the placeholder for Proof of Means for Financial Support will appear in the list of supporting documents. If you still are planning to upload any document, you will need a Balance Certificate from your bank which states details of the account(s) held by you and the current balance in the same. Also, the letter should state the average 6 months balance. You will need to submit the letter wit 6 months bank statement.

Many thanks

Ben

P.S. I just changed the value to ZERO and the proof documentation row for financial support has disappeared, am I safe to leave it this way? - As mentioned above, check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rkhan15 said:
1. Below is excerpt directly from an earlier post (2nd post in this thread):

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds

What is a valid form of proof in this case, e.g. do CIC accept a letter of available funds from one's bank? Or is there something else also needed along with this? - Yes, you would need a letter of available funds or Balance Certificate from your bank which states the details of the account held by you, current balance and the last 6 months balance in the account. Additionally, you will need to submit 6 months bank statements.

2. I'm married with a baby on the way. Is it possible to simply apply for myself first and immigrate to Canada and do a separate processing for my spouse and child once I'm in Canada? Note that I qualify in both cases, it's just that there's less paper work to do up front if I just apply for myself. - You can opt to mention that spouse and kid will not be accompanying, but please note that even though, they may not accompany you, you will still need to show POF for all three of you, Medicals and PCC also needs to done for all.

3. Is there a difference in terms of success rate between applying just for myself vs including wife and child in the same application? - I do not have information about the same, but as far as I understand, there will not be any difference in the success rate as long as the requirements are met.

4. Does applying just for myself while disclosing that I'm married have any negative impact on my application? - No, it will not have a negative impact on your application. However, as mentioned above, you still need to complete formalities like POF, Medicals and PCC.

Thanks in advance.

Bigbenbird

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Thanks Stanlee

That has put my mind at rest.....

Its a tricky balance between being thorough and tripping yourself up.....

Once again

Many thanks

Ben

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hello guys,

Does anyone has a link or set of statutory questions we filled while completing our online application?
Or, alternatively can we view the submitted form for express entry application?

Regards,
Aditya

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
aditya127 said:
Hello guys,

Does anyone has a link or set of statutory questions we filled while completing our online application?
Or, alternatively can we view the submitted form for express entry application?

Regards,
Aditya
Yes, you can view your submitted application. Click on the link 'View submitted application'.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rahuldokwal said:
Hi All,

If I get through the process successfully (with no job offer points) but I don't have a job offer and my PR application got accepted. I have few question:

1.) Is there any time limit before which I need to landed in Canada.
2.) Is there any minimum time limit that I need to stay there, then return back and again go back to Canada.
3.) if I am not getting job in my skilled field can I do job in other field as well and keep searching the job in my field.
1. Before the expiry of your medicals or visa.
2. You need to get your PR Card to travel back to Canada. Generally, it takes 3 months to get the PR Card. So, if you want to travel, you need to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD). Check this link to know more about PRTD http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/
3. As a PR, you are free to pursue any job, profession or career.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Stanlee said:
Yes, you can view your submitted application. Click on the link 'View submitted application'.
Hi Stanlee,

Going through this link I can see what all documents I have submitted. Is there a way to see the submitted form as well.
I'm concerned about some of the statutory questions asked at the time of application.

Also, do you have idea what all statutory questions are asked at the time of application?

Regards,
Aditya

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
aditya127 said:
Hi Stanlee,

Going through this link I can see what all documents I have submitted. Is there a way to see the submitted form as well.
I'm concerned about some of the statutory questions asked at the time of application.

Also, do you have idea what all statutory questions are asked at the time of application?

Regards,
Aditya
I am not sure whether you can access the form after it has been submitted and transmitted.

Some of the Statutory questions (not the complete list) which I had taken screenshots of are:

1. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) been convicted of a crime or offence in Canada for which a pardon has not been granted under the Criminal Records Act of Canada?

2. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?

3. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?

4. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) been refuse refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de Selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

5. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Why do you need these questions now?

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Stanlee said:
I am not sure whether you can access the form after it has been submitted and transmitted.

Some of the Statutory questions (not the complete list) which I had taken screenshots of are:

1. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) been convicted of a crime or offence in Canada for which a pardon has not been granted under the Criminal Records Act of Canada?

2. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?

3. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?

4. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) been refuse refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de Selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

5. Has (APPLICANT_NAME) ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Why do you need these questions now?
Thanks Stanlee.
I answered no to all these questions then.
After submission I had an incident where police came in and warned us about the noise that we were making in our apartment during a party.
Does this come under criminal caution?
I confirmed with the police and they said it's not a criminal case?

Should I disclose this information now via CSE to avoid refusal later during security check process, of hiding information.

Regards
Aditya

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
aditya127 said:
Thanks Stanlee.
I answered no to all these questions then.
After submission I had an incident where police came in and warned us about the noise that we were making in our apartment during a party.
Does this come under criminal caution?
I confirmed with the police and they said it's not a criminal case?

Should I disclose this information now via CSE to avoid refusal later during security check process, of hiding information.

Regards
Aditya
No, that is nothing that you should be worried about. You can relax.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Stanlee said:
No, that is nothing that you should be worried about. You can relax.
Thanks Stanlee. Just for information purposes, should we be worried of any such warnings/cautions, after submitting the application.

Regards,
Aditya

parminderk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Hi Guys,

I need your help. I am PR in Canada. I mistakenly gave wrong date of birth for my sister when I applied for PR. Actually she has got some other DOB on her certificates. Year and month is same. I wrote 23rd in the family information form while her certificates have 8th as DOB written on them.

Could you please let me know is there any procedure to get the information corrected in my file?

Thanks in advance.