+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

dxb2020

Aug 28, 2015
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Hi all

I created my EE profile yesterday . I have a question regarding while entering education details. I have done my Masters and Bachelors from dubai but one from an Australian and another from an American University respectively. So when selecting country of education should i enter Australia/USA or should i enter Dubai. I had chosen Australia/USA when i had applied for WES and got my credentials assessed equivalent to Masters in Canada.

Thanks is advance !

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
Very nice post, clears many doubts. I'm new to the forum, and need one genuine help which no one was able to solve

I need little more clarification on updating education, if anyone can help.

I'm getting 67 points basis my Bcom degree plus work exp post Bcom. So I'll start my application for EE basis that. Now comes the 2nd part. Consider I'm in the CRS pool, but I only have around 435 points(basis my Bcom and work ex). Meanwhile, I clear my Mcom(somewhere in August-16).

Here comes my doubt, I'll now update my education to Masters, to earn more points under CRS, and it'll increase my points to above 450, hence increasing my chances to get selected. Will my work ex be considered? Or they'll decrease my work exp points, as I'll update my profile with Mcom?(The reason being I have no work exp/less than 1yr work exp after MCom)

Hope you get it. Please let me know in case of any confusion. Thanks

(why I'm asking this is that if I start creating my profile with Mcom in Aug-16, I won't get 67 points, as I'm not having work ex after Mcom, so I'm considering creating with BCom, passing MCom meanwhile, and increase CRS points)

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
ronakshah92 said:
Very nice post, clears many doubts. I'm new to the forum, and need one genuine help which no one was able to solve

I need little more clarification on updating education, if anyone can help.

I'm getting 67 points basis my Bcom degree plus work exp post Bcom. So I'll start my application for EE basis that. Now comes the 2nd part. Consider I'm in the CRS pool, but I only have around 435 points(basis my Bcom and work ex). Meanwhile, I clear my Mcom(somewhere in August-16).

Here comes my doubt, I'll now update my education to Masters, to earn more points under CRS, and it'll increase my points to above 450, hence increasing my chances to get selected. Will my work ex be considered? Or they'll decrease my work exp points, as I'll update my profile with Mcom?(The reason being I have no work exp/less than 1yr work exp after MCom)

Hope you get it. Please let me know in case of any confusion. Thanks

(why I'm asking this is that if I start creating my profile with Mcom in Aug-16, I won't get 67 points, as I'm not having work ex after Mcom, so I'm considering creating with BCom, passing MCom meanwhile, and increase CRS points)
I answered this in the other thread, but I will copy/paste my response here:

The answer to this is simple-

* If the work experience in question is full time, it gets counted, as long as it was accrued in the last 10 years
* If the work experience is part time, and was accrued while studying, it gets counted if you are applying under FSWP, as long as it was accrued in the last 10 years
* If the work experience is part time, and was accrued while studying, it does not get counted if you are applying under CEC
* Internships and employment undertaken to complete academic programs do not get counted

So, your work experience will get counted, since it sounds like you are applying from India, and for the FSWP stream, even after you get your MCOM.

carno

Apr 29, 2016
Hello Stanlee,
here is my current situation
i am making my wife principal applicant
she is a doctor and she is doing residency in ophthalmology, this is her 4th year. she has got three yrs xperience in her field. she scored 7 bands in ielts with l-8, r-7.5, w-6, s-6.5, and her aunt lives in canada too.
and i m an electronic engineer with two years of experience, i scored 5.5 band.
now please how much point we can earn

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
Aragorn165 said:
I answered this in the other thread, but I will copy/paste my response here:

The answer to this is simple-

* If the work experience in question is full time, it gets counted, as long as it was accrued in the last 10 years
* If the work experience is part time, and was accrued while studying, it gets counted if you are applying under FSWP, as long as it was accrued in the last 10 years
* If the work experience is part time, and was accrued while studying, it does not get counted if you are applying under CEC
* Internships and employment undertaken to complete academic programs do not get counted

So, your work experience will get counted, since it sounds like you are applying from India, and for the FSWP stream, even after you get your MCOM.
Thanks Aragorn165. Currently I feel like I'm Frodo and want to just walk to Mordor. Hope I receive help from people like you and Gandalf. It would be great if you solve my 2 queries(consultants confuse me a lot)-

1. Consultants tell me that I should apply under my Bachelor's degree, as I'm having enough work-ex post that. And if I apply under my Masters(which I'll pass in Aug-16), I won't be able to get in as I will not have work-ex. Is this true? (This is the reason why I am getting in via BCom, and while in the pool, I'll update to Mcom)
2. Under WES, BCom(3yr course in India) shows 3 years equivalent Bachelors degree in Canada, and MCom(2yr course after BCom in India) shows 4 years equivalent Bachelors Degree in Canada. Shall I consider this as "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer", thus making me eligible for more CRS points. Or it's considered as only one Degree?

Thanks again in advance!!!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
ronakshah92 said:
Thanks Aragorn165. Currently I feel like I'm Frodo and want to just walk to Mordor. Hope I receive help from people like you and Gandalf. It would be great if you solve my 2 queries(consultants confuse me a lot)-

1. Consultants tell me that I should apply under my Bachelor's degree, as I'm having enough work-ex post that. And if I apply under my Masters(which I'll pass in Aug-16), I won't be able to get in as I will not have work-ex. Is this true? (This is the reason why I am getting in via BCom, and while in the pool, I'll update to Mcom)
2. Under WES, BCom(3yr course in India) shows 3 years equivalent Bachelors degree in Canada, and MCom(2yr course after BCom in India) shows 4 years equivalent Bachelors Degree in Canada. Shall I consider this as "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer", thus making me eligible for more CRS points. Or it's considered as only one Degree?

Thanks again in advance!!!
Well, let's hope Canada is a far more pleasant place to be in than Mordor :p

1. No, once you have your Masters, you can still apply with the Masters degree- getting the Masters degree does not nullify all the work experience you have accrued until then.

2.If the MCom course is also considered to be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Canada, then yes, you can select "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer," since that is in fact accurate, and also backed up by the educational credential assessment that you had done.

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
Aragorn165 said:
Well, let's hope Canada is a far more pleasant place to be in than Mordor :p

1. No, once you have your Masters, you can still apply with the Masters degree- getting the Masters degree does not nullify all the work experience you have accrued until then.

2.If the MCom course is also considered to be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Canada, then yes, you can select "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer," since that is in fact accurate, and also backed up by the educational credential assessment that you had done.
Thanks a lot for your answers Aragorn165. Appreciate it. If you can confirm this one last thing I can start the application myself, without the help of any Consultant:

A.
10 to 29 years of age - 110
Two or more post-secondary..... - 128
IELTS - (34*4) - 136
B.
Two or more post-secondary..... - 50
1 or 2 years of foreign work experience - 25(considering all my work ex, before bachelors(1yr) also, in past 10 years)

Total - 449

I'll complete 3 years work ex soon, and will get evaluated for French also in 3-4 months(thus increasing my points above 475 approx). I am a Chartered Accountant in India, but Indian CA is not considered there unfortunately :(

Thy highness, I'll bother you in case I need any further assistance. Hope Aragorn is always to the rescue of Mr. Frodo, and saves him from Orcs(Consultants)

Ronak

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
When creating a CSE, what should we select as the type of application "express entry" OR "overseas permanent residence- federal skilled worker"

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
carno said:
Hello Stanlee,
here is my current situation
i am making my wife principal applicant
she is a doctor and she is doing residency in ophthalmology, this is her 4th year. she has got three yrs xperience in her field. she scored 7 bands in ielts with l-8, r-7.5, w-6, s-6.5, and her aunt lives in canada too.
and i m an electronic engineer with two years of experience, i scored 5.5 band.
now please how much point we can earn
Based on the information that you have given, I used the CIC calculator to calculate your CRS; the score is coming upto 358. I have assumed that you have done ECA as co-applicant and your individual language ability score is 5.5 in each LRWS. You can use this calculator to check your score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp.

Meanwhile, since your wife is going to be the primary applicant, would suggest that she target CLB 9 in IELTS which is 8777 in LRWS. IELTS has a major role in boosting your CRS.

Having a relative in Canada will not add any points to the CRS, but it will add 5 points under FSW eligibility calculation of minimum 67/100.

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
ronakshah92 said:
Thanks a lot for your answers Aragorn165. Appreciate it. If you can confirm this one last thing I can start the application myself, without the help of any Consultant:

A.
IELTS - (34*4) - 136
B.
1 or 2 years of foreign work experience - 25(considering all my work ex, before bachelors(1yr) also, in past 10 years)

Total - 449

I'll complete 3 years work ex soon, and will get evaluated for French also in 3-4 months(thus increasing my points above 475 approx). I am a Chartered Accountant in India, but Indian CA is not considered there unfortunately :(

Thy highness, I'll bother you in case I need any further assistance. Hope Aragorn is always to the rescue of Mr. Frodo, and saves him from Orcs(Consultants)

Ronak
Stanlee, you can also come to the rescue of this jaded soul who is in search of peace in Canada :)

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
ronakshah92 said:

A.
IELTS - (34*4) - 136
B.

Total - 449

Ronak
Yup. So you claim points for your age, your IELTS scores, your WES evaluation, and all of your work experience so far. When you reach 3 years of experience, and your French scores, you claim points for those too.

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Frnds

I have an out of topic question,

I am not able to see the links for "show replies to your post" and "show unread posts from your last login" on left top side, after login to canadavisa forum at my HOME Page

Please suggest and help

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
LizzyBob said:
When creating a CSE, what should we select as the type of application "express entry" OR "overseas permanent residence- federal skilled worker"
As far as I know, it would be 'Express Entry'.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ronakshah92 said:
Stanlee, you can also come to the rescue of this jaded soul who is in search of peace in Canada :)

Aragorn165 has already answered your queries. I agree with him.

Meanwhile, with 435 you are eligible to receive PT NOI from Ontario. There has been a temporary hiatus in Ontario sending out NOI, but I am assuming that they would resume soon. So in case your profile is already in the pool and you get PT NOI from Ontario, you can consider that option. Or you can ignore PT NOI from Ontario and complete your Masters and then wait for direct ITA.