+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

tyshow

Jun 10, 2015
Hello Everyone,

New blogpost just published on Step by Step guide to filling an Express Entry profile.

It can be viewed at http://www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com/step-by-step-guide-to-creating-an-express-entry-profile/

Do have yourselves an awesome weekend.

tyshow

Jun 10, 2015
Hi buddie,

This is all about relationship management. You do need a letter from your employer (letter of reference) stating your start and end date for the period employed, salary, job title and must list all the essential job duties and 2 or more optional duties for a software engineer as listed on the Noc code lists.

I cannot stress enough your application can be rejected if there is no reflection of the duties as listed for a software engineer on your letter so go back and be honest with your employer getting them to change the content. You will also need to attach recent 3 months paystubs, letter of employment together with your letter of reference.

I wrote about this on my blog post on matching the essential and optional duties of your noc code. It should be under the noc post.

My site is www(dot)leavingforcanada(dot)com

Feel free to drop me a comment, I'd strive to respond within 24hrs.

Goodluck

DEEPCUR said:
Hi all

I work in IT have an unique issue regarding skill letter (NOC 2173 Software Engineer). My employer does issue a skill letter in a particular format with the content provided by us, but they issue it only once. And I already got that letter my green card processing and the letter is quite technical. It specifically lists my technical skill sets, aligned tech responsibilities and not high level responsibilities mentioned by cic for software engineer.

I also have another letter from my employer that just mentions my start, end date and last held designation with the organization. I also have offer letter , pay slips and share good relationship with one of my manager who is still working there.

Any expert opinions on how do I manage a letter in the format requested by cic. I cannot mention that my employer has policy issues for the letter as they do issue one.

Thanks

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
tyshow said:
Hi buddie,

This is all about relationship management. You do need a letter from your employer (letter of reference) stating your start and end date for the period employed, salary, job title and must list all the essential job duties and 2 or more optional duties for a software engineer as listed on the Noc code lists.

I cannot stress enough your application can be rejected if there is no reflection of the duties as listed for a software engineer on your letter so go back and be honest with your employer getting them to change the content. You will also need to attach recent 3 months paystubs, letter of employment together with your letter of reference.

I wrote about this on my blog post on matching the essential and optional duties of your noc code. It should be under the noc post.

My site is www(dot)leavingforcanada(dot)com

Feel free to drop me a comment, I'd strive to respond within 24hrs.

Goodluck
Thanks for your response. As I mentioned earlier, is definitely not possible get the letter again from the company. It's a big company and have clear policy on this. Relationship doesn't make much of difference. Looks like I am out of luck. :'(. I'm in very initial stages of my pr application. Wondering if I should proceed further or not. Any possible workaround with remote chances of working out (like letter from manager etc.)? :(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DEEPCUR said:
Thanks for your response. As I mentioned earlier, is definitely not possible get the letter again from the company. It's a big company and have clear policy on this. Relationship doesn't make much of difference. Looks like I am out of luck. :'(. I'm in very initial stages of my pr application. Wondering if I should proceed further or not. Any possible workaround with remote chances of working out (like letter from manager etc.)? :(
You are not alone - so many companies do not provide such a letter.

You can get a letter from the company in their standard format - Get whatever they give you. Ask them send a reply to your e-mail telling that the company cannot issue such a letter because of whatever reason.

Now, approach your manager - Ask him to issue a letter is the specific format (print the format and keep it ready). Request him to sign the letter. Write your roles and responsibilities in such a way that at least 80 % of them matches the NOC. After you get this signed, get the letter notarized. You can submit this letter to IRCC along with all other supporting documents that you have - payslips, offer letter, appointment letters etc,.

Take a look at this post --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employer-hr-refuses-official-job-letter-with-addnl-detailed-job-duties-t316445.0.html;msg4452245#msg4452245

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Hi

I created my Express Entry profile few days ago.

Can I change 'number of years' worked in my last office? Will it be safe?

Please HELP!!

Regards

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Himalaya1 said:
Hi

I created my Express Entry profile few days ago.

Can I change 'number of years' worked in my last office? Will it be safe?

Please HELP!!

Regards
Yes, you can update your Express Entry profile. If you are claiming points for the said work experience, then you need to have the documents also reflecting the correct date.

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Thank you Stanlee..

Hope the CIC does not raise a question to this, because the present and updated information will vary by few years!!

Regards

MightyKing

Apr 24, 2016
Hello aspirants,

I have submitted my EE profile December 10, 2015. Unfortunately my application has been refused as I forgot to provide supporting documents for my work experience. I wish to reapply and have few questions to ask.

1) Can I reapply with the same credentials and same profile or do I have to start the process all over again like WES, medicals etc. ?

2) How long do I have to wait to reapply after refusal?

I have posted this question in some other discussion link but couldn't get the answer. If I have posted this in the wrong discussion board, can anyone please guide me to the right one.

thanks for your help in advance.

MightyKing

Apr 24, 2016
Re: CIC Account Login ID & Password lost

balkrishan79 said:
Dear Friends,

I applied my case through a consultant in Dubai and got my express entry profile No. To my bad luck consultant has run away and I am left with only Express Profile No. with no login details.

Now I got a mail from CIC as below:

Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information.This message is intended for the following e-mail address: xxxxxxxxxxx. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

To my good luck about mail from CIC shows that consultant has given my email id for all communications with CIC.

Since I do not have user id and password, I do not know what to do.

I request urgent advice from the forum members.

BK
Hi BK,

Hope this helps...

"What do I do if I lost my GCKey username or password?
If you lost your GCKey password, you can create a new password. Go to the sign-in page for GCKey and you’ll be able to create a new password after you answer the password recovery questions you previously set up while registering for a GCKey.

If you lost your GCKey username, you will have to create a new GCKey. If you create a new GCKey you can access an application by linking the application to your new account.

See also: I recently reset my MyCIC account, but I don’t see my application. How can I get it back?"

Go to .... Help centre and type the above question in the search box...
thanks..

MK

Poten

Jul 15, 2015
Hi there,

My BC PNP was approved at the start of February and with this I also got a letter saying:

As Ms. xxxxx BC employer, xxxxxx, is urgently seeking to have her commence work for the company while she awaits the processing of her application for permanent residence, we request that her application for a work permit (to be submitted by the applicant) be processed without the need for Service Canada confirmation.

Which is the application I have to submit to get this provisional work permit? (I am in Japan and not in Canada right now)

(After my BC PNP was approved I was invited to apply for PR. In late March I complete the application for PR and now I'm waiting for the final decision)

Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MightyKing said:
Hello aspirants,

I have submitted my EE profile December 10, 2015. Unfortunately my application has been refused as I forgot to provide supporting documents for my work experience. I wish to reapply and have few questions to ask.

1) Can I reapply with the same credentials and same profile or do I have to start the process all over again like WES, medicals etc. ?

You can use the same ECA report and IELTS results provided they are valid. Suggest you to go for a fresh medical test because your landing date is dependent on your medical test expiry. having a fresh medical test will give you plenty of landing time.

There is no such wait period.

I have posted this question in some other discussion link but couldn't get the answer. If I have posted this in the wrong discussion board, can anyone please guide me to the right one.

MightyKing

Apr 24, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Hello aspirants,

You can use the same ECA report and IELTS results provided they are valid. Suggest you to go for a fresh medical test because your landing date is dependent on your medical test expiry. having a fresh medical test will give you plenty of landing time.

There is no such wait period.

Thanks rajkamalmohanram... I guess I'll have to recreate my EE profile, don't i?

MK

hemen123

Apr 25, 2016
Hi
I have started my procedure for getting family PR for Canada through express entry. Just waiting for my ECA report from WES. I have 6 years experience in INDIA(My native country) and 1.5 Years in Qatar. I am still in qatar. My wife also have an experience of 4.8 years with 8 months in USA. Just wanted to know the chance of getting employment in Canada if I get PR. Please guide.

Regards
HB