+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnnaBG said:
Hi all,

Any idea why there is a line in the EE application "Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time"?
I thought EE does not include interview.
Its an option in case the VO has doubts with your documentation. Just additional checks. You might or might not be called for one. Stats shows only few were called. Good luck.

khakankundi

Jul 10, 2015
Dear All,

Kindly help me with my query,

I am applying for Express Entry with my wife who'll be the primary applicant.
She is pharmacist, i have sent her credentials to Pharmacy Board, Canada for evaluation.

However, i have to evaluate my education credentials as well,
i have completed MBA from University of wales, another MBA from Preston University, Pakistan and BA from Punjab Uni, Pakistan.

My query is, do i need to evaluate all three degrees? or i just evaluate my University of Wales degree and this will serve the purpose? (I have checked with WES and University of Toronto, they dont evaluate Preston University's Degree).

Early response is highly appreciated.

Thank You

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
khakankundi said:
Dear All,

Kindly help me with my query,

I am applying for Express Entry with my wife who'll be the primary applicant.
She is pharmacist, i have sent her credentials to Pharmacy Board, Canada for evaluation.

However, i have to evaluate my education credentials as well,
i have completed MBA from University of wales, another MBA from Preston University, Pakistan and BA from Punjab Uni, Pakistan.

My query is, do i need to evaluate all three degrees? or i just evaluate my University of Wales degree and this will serve the purpose? (I have checked with WES and University of Toronto, they dont evaluate Preston University's Degree).

Early response is highly appreciated.

Thank You
As per the requirement, you only need to get your highest degree assessed and in your case it would be MBA from University of Wales (since you mentioned that WES does not evaluate degree from Preston University). It will give you the highest points.

I would suggest you send both Masters (from University of Wales) and Bachelors for assessment as WES does not charge by the number of degrees being assessed. If they consider your Masters equivalent to Canada Masters, then you get more points than just getting Bachelors assessed. In case they do no consider your Masters equivalent to Canadian Masters, but consider it as a diploma and also consider your Bachelors equivalent to Canadian Bachelors, you can claim points under the category 'two or more degrees where one is at least three years'.

You can check the Canadian equivalent of your degree using this tool http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

khakankundi

Jul 10, 2015
Thank you Stanlee for your response, i have used the tool and is stating that my UoW degree is equivalent to Masters from Canada.
So,i can only evaluate UoW degree from WES and this will be enough right?

Stanlee said:
As per the requirement, you only need to get your highest degree assessed and in your case it would be MBA from University of Wales (since you mentioned that WES does not evaluate degree from Preston University). It will give you the highest points.

I would suggest you send both Masters (from University of Wales) and Bachelors for assessment as WES does not charge by the number of degrees being assessed. If they consider your Masters equivalent to Canada Masters, then you get more points than just getting Bachelors assessed. In case they do no consider your Masters equivalent to Canadian Masters, but consider it as a diploma and also consider your Bachelors equivalent to Canadian Bachelors, you can claim points under the category 'two or more degrees where one is at least three years'.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
khakankundi said:
Thank you Stanlee for your response, i have used the tool and is stating that my UoW degree is equivalent to Masters from Canada.
So,i can only evaluate UoW degree from WES and this will be enough right?
Yes, you can go ahead with the assessment of your Masters from UoW, no need to send Bachelors.

khakankundi

Jul 10, 2015
Thank You and much appreciated.
btw, can u share any cic link where it is stated that only latest qualification is required etc?

Stanlee said:
Yes, you can go ahead with the assessment of your Masters from UoW, no need to send Bachelors.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
khakankundi said:
Thank You and much appreciated.
btw, can u share any cic link where it is stated that only latest qualification is required etc?

Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp. It does not specifically state, you need to get only your highest degree assessed, but it is implicit from the following statement and many people on the forum have got only their highest degree assessed.

'You must submit an ECA for all levels of completed foreign education you want us to consider. It is up to you to decide which credentials to have assessed by a designated organization.'

Considering the fact that WES does not charge by the number of degrees that are being assessed, I got both my Masters and Bachelors assessed. Getting Bachelors assessed will not give me additional points as I get highest point from Masters itself, so Bachelors will not count. The reason I got Bachelors also assessed at the same time was to avoid getting it done at an additional cost, in case any employer would need it in the future.

sengarkhushi

Jan 10, 2014
Hello All,
I would like to apply for PR, I am an Indian Registered Nurse ( 8 Years) and my husband is Software Engineer( 8 years experience) and he scored 420 points all together without job offer /province nomination ....do you advise us to go and register under consultancy as they claim we are eligible for PR but as per my knowledge CRS score for PR draw is 474 ..kindly suggest us as we really interested for Canada or if any other option. all help/advise/suggestions would be highly appreciable :) :) emaild id : sengarkhushi@gmail.com

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sengarkhushi said:
Hello All,
I would like to apply for PR, I am an Indian Registered Nurse ( 8 Years) and my husband is Software Engineer( 8 years experience) and he scored 420 points all together without job offer /province nomination ....do you advise us to go and register under consultancy as they claim we are eligible for PR but as per my knowledge CRS score for PR draw is 474 ..kindly suggest us as we really interested for Canada or if any other option. all help/advise/suggestions would be highly appreciable :) :) emaild id : sengarkhushi@gmail.com
With Express Entry, there is no minimum CRS required to be eligible to enter the pool to apply for Canadian PR. But having said that to get direct invite (ITA), you should have a CRS of at least 470 (the score for the latest invite). As per the trend, the score for direct ITA has never gone down below 450. But that should not deter you from applying as there are ways to improve your score to get ITA.

You can get ITA in 3 different ways
1) Direct ITA - To get a direct ITA (based on the current trend), your CRS should be at least 470 and above (but let's assume it may come down a bit, so a safer bet would be 460). IELTS of the primary applicant plays a very important role in improving CRS score, therefore I would suggest that the primary applicant should target CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777). You can try these values in the calculator here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score. Even after improving your IELTS, if you are not able to achieve the desired CRS, you can look at the below options.

2) PNP - If your score is below 470 and you get a provincial nomination, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation. For PNPs check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp. With your current score (400+), you are eligible to receive invite from Ontario, check this link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html.

3) Job Offer - If your score is below 470 and you have an LMIA backed job offer, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation.

Srini88

Jan 23, 2016
Hi Guys..I am in a typical situation..i need your valuable suggetions

I started working from jan 5 2015 to till my work permit end date dec 21 2015.my employer applied for LMIA,but we got negative
but i hv a one more pay stub from dec 21 till jan 4 2016.....so that i can complete 1 year full

currently i applied for restoration and waiting for reply from them

i was wondering how to cover those extra days to get full 1 year expereince

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Dear All,

I have come back to this portal after a long time as I was busy with my IELTS exam. my score is increased from 388 to 465 and hoping to be selected with couple of up coming draws. my question is I have a bank statement of around 10,000 CAD dollars maintained for last 1 year, but as per my understanding I would require 14,500 CAD dollars for six months as my wife is accompanying me. can anybody suggest a way out?

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
Hi Experts,

My AOR is 08th April and I have been requested Schedule A for both the applicants by 20th April.

I have completed the Schedule A form but want to clear 1 doubt (mentioned below) before I submit the same:

For both the applicants, under "Work History" section, I have indicated details of only those jobs for which I am claiming points and under "Personal History" section, I have indicated details for all jobs/everything.

However, earlier while submitting eAPR, I did not provide any LOE to clarify above scenario (i.e. "Work History" section provides details of jobs for which points are claimed while rest other/all jobs/details are in "Personal History" section).

Do you recommend to provide LOE regarding above confusion with Schedule A form or should I not confuse them for unnecessary LOE (assuming that they will understand this scenario)

Please provide your view.
Thanks in advance

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
talkto_vinay said:
Hi Experts,

My AOR is 08th April and I have been requested Schedule A for both the applicants by 20th April.

I have completed the Schedule A form but want to clear 1 doubt (mentioned below) before I submit the same:

For both the applicants, under "Work History" section, I have indicated details of only those jobs for which I am claiming points and under "Personal History" section, I have indicated details for all jobs/everything.

However, earlier while submitting eAPR, I did not provide any LOE to clarify above scenario (i.e. "Work History" section provides details of jobs for which points are claimed while rest other/all jobs/details are in "Personal History" section).

Do you recommend to provide LOE regarding above confusion with Schedule A form or should I not confuse them for unnecessary LOE (assuming that they will understand this scenario)

Please provide your view.
Thanks in advance
No, you're fine, and basically that is how it should be done- you list employment you are claiming points and experience for in the work history section of your profile, and you list employment you weren't claiming points for in the Personal History section. As long as you did this in your eAPR, and also in your Schedule A, you should be good to go.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Adil Khan123 said:
Dear All,

I have come back to this portal after a long time as I was busy with my IELTS exam. my score is increased from 388 to 465 and hoping to be selected with couple of up coming draws. my question is I have a bank statement of around 10,000 CAD dollars maintained for last 1 year, but as per my understanding I would require 14,500 CAD dollars for six months as my wife is accompanying me. can anybody suggest a way out?
A way out? You mean an exemption to the funds requirement? That would be arranged employment or an ITA under CEC.

Actually, the figure for 2 people has been updated to CAD 15,143: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

All you need is to show you have the total at the time of your application, no previous hold requirement. If you already have the 15,143 on hand, great.

I suggest you update your EE profile to the correct funds and only accept the ITA when you can prove it in bank statements, assuming you can't be exempted from the funds requirement.

More complicated is to list your wife as non-accompanying and sponsor her later, but that application takes a very long time.