+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssingh5 said:
Hi Guys,

I have done my Masters from Canada and have 1 year canadian work experience.
I have done my bachelors in India.
I am preparing the documents to be assessed from WES. I can send my bachelors documents but,
Do i need to send my HSC SSC (10th or 12th Grade) certificate to them?
Do i really need to assess the HSC ?
Hi,

There is no need to get your HSC documents assessed by WES. For bachelors, you will have to send the transcripts to WES in a sealed envelop. It is a mandatory step to get your foreign education assessed by WES to apply for Canadian PR under EE.

You can find more details in below link.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/educational-credential-assessment-eca-from-wes-step-by-step-guide-t394160.0.html

Thanks

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
ssingh5 said:
To add to this , One more question. Do i need to assess foreign credentials even my bachelors if i have done my Masters from Canada.
No mate, we are on the same boat and I was told if we are claiming the canadian masters we do not need to get ECA done for bachelors.

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
oldenuf said:
No mate, we are on the same boat and I was told if we are claiming the claiming the canadian masters we do not need to get ECA done for bachelors.
Okey, SO we dont need any other credentials assessed. Only Canadian Masters.
Do we need to provide any documents for those (B-tech or HSC) even when we get the ITA.?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
pavlovych88 said:
If I mark my wife as a non-accompanying dependents my CRS will be 472.
Is it better to wait with my current CRS 455 for province nomination or direct ITA or apply for it alone?
Thanks for your reply
You can apply as married and spouse not accompanying to get more points. But I have heard that the process to sponsor your family later takes long and is a bit complicated (you will have to research about it as I am not sure).

Please note, even if your spouse/family is not accompanying you, you still have to get PCC and medicals done for all of them and even show funds for all family members. So, I am not sure whether you would want to pursue this option just for the sake of getting more points. Instead there are other ways to increase your score. IELTS of the primary applicant plays a very important role in improving CRS score, therefore I would suggest that the primary applicant should target CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777). You can try these values in the calculator here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
oldenuf said:
No mate, we are on the same boat and I was told if we are claiming the canadian masters we do not need to get ECA done for bachelors.
Yes, as per the requirement, you need to get only your highest degree assessed for Express Entry and since you have Canadian Masters, you do not need an ECA.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
swisswise said:
Hello All,
I have got my IELTS results and WES eval.
I am not sure about CRS calculation but it seems I am scoring approx 379-389 points
as my IELTS score crashed in reading and writing and I scored only 6 in each, listening and speaking were 9 and 7.

1. Do I have any chance?
2 Should I retake the test and apply.
3. As I dont have any canadian edu or work exp. How can i maximize my score? Is language test the only way out?
4. Does other folks who are scoring more than 430-450 does having max language and canadian exp or edu?
With Express Entry, there is no minimum CRS required to be eligible to enter the pool to apply for Canadian PR. But having said that to get direct invite (ITA), you should have a CRS of at least 470 (the score for the latest invite). As per the trend, the score for direct ITA has never gone down below 450. But that should not deter you from applying as there are ways to improve your score to get ITA.

You can get ITA in 3 different ways
1) Direct ITA - To get a direct ITA (based on the current trend), your CRS should be at least 470 and above (but let's assume it may come down a bit, so a safer bet would be 460). IELTS of the primary applicant plays a very important role in improving CRS score, therefore I would suggest that the primary applicant should target CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777). You can try these values in the calculator here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score. Even after improving your IELTS, if you are not able to achieve the desired CRS, you can look at the below options.

2) PNP - If your score is below 470 and you get a provincial nomination, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation. For PNPs check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp. With your current score (400+), you are eligible to receive invite from Ontario, check this link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html.

3) Job Offer - If your score is below 470 and you have an LMIA backed job offer, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi there
I still have 25 days to upload my PR application and all the documents (got ITA) but I'm still waiting for the FBI check. I assume I won't get it before my time runs out. Can I submit my application now (when I still have 25 days to submit my documents) with the explanation that FBI check takes up to 15 weeks or I have to wait through the last 25 days that I have left and then submit it?

Thank you

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts!

I have come across a question when filling out the Work History in EE profile creation.

It asks me my primary occupation, and "Date XXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation"

And on the IRCC website it says "If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)"

So my primary occupation is 1241 Admin Assistant, according to the IRCC website for NOC 1241, the requirement is "Employment requirements

Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries
or
Previous clerical experience is required."

so what date should I put for the question? I didnt have any one or two year college or other program for admin assistant or secretaries. Instead I have a BA in English and M.ED. But I do have previous clerical experience, which is why i got hired for my primary 1241 position.

Should I put the date I graduated form high school? or the date I started this 1241 position? Or sth else?

Please help :-[

Anything would be greatly appreciated!!!

swisswise

Jan 24, 2016
Thank you Stanle.
This info is helpful.
I guess as you stated, primary applicants IELTS point matter for language marks as well for additional points for exp+language .

As a followup, if I proceed and submit my profile now with existing score of 400, can i later on add new IELTS exam results in a month or so, in case I got a better result?

Is there a limitation of how frequently and many times, I can update IELTS exam results

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ssingh5 said:
Hi Guys,

I have done my Masters from Canada and have 1 year canadian work experience.
I have done my bachelors in India.
I am preparing the documents to be assessed from WES. I can send my bachelors documents but,
Do i need to send my HSC SSC (10th or 12th Grade) certificate to them?
Do i really need to assess the HSC ?
ssingh5 said:
To add to this , One more question. Do i need to assess foreign credentials even my bachelors if i have done my Masters from Canada.
Both of you,

I don't think you even need an ECA if you have your Masters from Canada. You get points for your Masters degree, why do you need to get your Bachelors degree evaluated?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Johny Bravo said:
Hi there
I still have 25 days to upload my PR application and all the documents (got ITA) but I'm still waiting for the FBI check. I assume I won't get it before my time runs out. Can I submit my application now (when I still have 25 days to submit my documents) with the explanation that FBI check takes up to 15 weeks or I have to wait through the last 25 days that I have left and then submit it?

Thank you
When did you apply for your FBI PCC?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
wenfeizh said:
Hello Experts!

I have come across a question when filling out the Work History in EE profile creation.

It asks me my primary occupation, and "Date XXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation"

And on the IRCC website it says "If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)"

So my primary occupation is 1241 Admin Assistant, according to the IRCC website for NOC 1241, the requirement is "Employment requirements

Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries
or
Previous clerical experience is required."

so what date should I put for the question? I didnt have any one or two year college or other program for admin assistant or secretaries. Instead I have a BA in English and M.ED. But I do have previous clerical experience, which is why i got hired for my primary 1241 position.

Should I put the date I graduated form high school? or the date I started this 1241 position? Or sth else?

Please help :-[

Anything would be greatly appreciated!!!
IMO, you can simply mention the day you started your job.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
swisswise said:
Thank you Stanle.
This info is helpful.
I guess as you stated, primary applicants IELTS point matter for language marks as well for additional points for exp+language .

As a followup, if I proceed and submit my profile now with existing score of 400, can i later on add new IELTS exam results in a month or so, in case I got a better result?

Is there a limitation of how frequently and many times, I can update IELTS exam results

Thanks
Yes you can update your EE profile anytime. And I don't think there is any limit on the number of IELTS tests you can take in a stipulated time.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
swisswise said:
Thank you Stanle.
This info is helpful.

Thanks
Yes, you can submit your profile now and later update it with the new score. After updating ensure to transmit the changes otherwise, the score will not change.

There is no limitation on updating IELTS test results in your EE profile.

sherusingh

Apr 14, 2016
hey guys, need to clear of some confusion, my profile is ready , going to put in pool now, so after i get my ITA can i submit my profile if i m still awaiting couple of documents, when do i get the file no. when i submit the application or after i submit all the requried documents. i mean the processing time is counted from what phase. sorry for asking so many questions.