+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Hi Stanlee

Kindly help with these,

1. The letter that I mentioned is printed on the official letterhead. Only point that it is missing in it is the duties/responsibilities. It is signed and stamped by the owner of the firm,who was my boss.

2. Though my joining and relieving dates are not written in the letter, but it says that I have worked for more than 3 years their.

Please help me, maybe I can get a new one.

Regards

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Himalaya1 said:
Hi Stanlee

Kindly help with these,

1. The letter that I mentioned is printed on the official letterhead. Only point that it is missing in it is the duties/responsibilities. It is signed and stamped by the owner of the firm,who was my boss.

2. Though my joining and relieving dates are not written in the letter, but it says that I have worked for more than 3 years their.

Please help me, maybe I can get a new one.

Regards
Yes, I would suggest you get a new letter and ensure that the following information is covered in some form or other other.

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
- should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
- should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Check this link for more details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Hi guys,

My husband's passport expired and he got a renewed one. Do I have to make these changes in my EE? This means I have to create another one, correct? Is there a way to edit an already existing EE? It wouldn't be a problem to register another one, it's just that I have already signed up on Job Bank with my current EE.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mvmkr said:
Hi guys,

My husband's passport expired and he got a renewed one. Do I have to make these changes in my EE? This means I have to create another one, correct? Is there a way to edit an already existing EE? It wouldn't be a problem to register another one, it's just that I have already signed up on Job Bank with my current EE.
You do not have to create a new EE profile, you can update an existing one. Check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Stanlee said:
You do not have to create a new EE profile, you can update an existing one. Check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29
Oh, you're saving us so much trouble. Thank you for your help!

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Ok, so here's my new dilemma. My husband didn't complete his university studies. He has 3 years out of four. We ran an eligibility check and it said that we are eligible. However, upon submitting his EE, he gets the message that the profile is ineligible. Is this because of his studies? The eligibility check didn't ask whether or not he completed his study, but we do have this question in EE. I think this could be the issue, but I am not sure. Please shed some light.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mvmkr said:
Ok, so here's my new dilemma. My husband didn't complete his university studies. He has 3 years out of four. We ran an eligibility check and it said that we are eligible. However, upon submitting his EE, he gets the message that the profile is ineligible. Is this because of his studies? The eligibility check didn't ask whether or not he completed his study, but we do have this question in EE. I think this could be the issue, but I am not sure. Please shed some light.
Yes, if your husband is the primary applicant this could be the issue. What about ECA for your husband, have you got it done?

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Stanlee said:
Yes, if your husband is the primary applicant this could be the issue. What about ECA for your husband, have you got it done?
No ECA was done because he doesn't have the diploma, he dropped out after 3 years of studying and started working. We already created an EE for me but, if I am the main applicant, I am the only one who can sign for Job Bank. Quite frankly though, he has a better chance getting a job in Canada doing what he does. This is why we decided to create 2 EEs (one where I am the main applicant, and another one where he is). Would you happen to know if he could apply to jobs through Job Bank without an Express Entry?

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
Hi i was completing my e-APR and in the work experience section they are asking for Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code).
I have been working at my current company since april 2014, as claims manager. But this Feb I got promoted to account manager. I have one year and 10 months of experience as claims manager. And couple of months as account manager but it is my current job. dont know which job i should use as primary occupation. Any suggestions?

kikopogi

Apr 10, 2016
Hi there ya'all. I would like to ask as to how to create an account to the Manitoba website as it is showing that the website or page was removed, and also if I will be taking IELTS exam for canada where would be the best testing institution to go? British Council or IDP? please do answer my query.

Vanessa8

Jan 21, 2016
kikopogi said:
Hi there ya'all. I would like to ask as to how to create an account to the Manitoba website as it is showing that the website or page was removed, and also if I will be taking IELTS exam for canada where would be the best testing institution to go? British Council or IDP? please do answer my query.
Hello everyone, I'm yet to submit my Application after receiving ITA. The challenge I'm having is this; in my country, credit cards are not used. I have debit card only. Will CIC accept the debit card as a means of payment? Because it is started on the website that credit cards should be used for payment. Please someone with first hand information should respond as my deadline to submit the application is fast approaching. Thanx

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanessa8 said:
Hello everyone, I'm yet to submit my Application after receiving ITA. The challenge I'm having is this; in my country, credit cards are not used. I have debit card only. Will CIC accept the debit card as a means of payment? Because it is started on the website that credit cards should be used for payment. Please someone with first hand information should respond as my deadline to submit the application is fast approach

these days both credit and debit cards with the Visa card or Mastercard stamp function same. you are advised to use a debit card to make a payment. many people have used the debit card to make payment to work education services at the time of educational assessment.

Jitin81

Feb 6, 2016
Hi Stanlee,

Another query, how important is the educational requirements as mentioned in each NOC. Someone might be in that profession because of the foreign experience gained in that particular profession over years, however the educational qualifications might not be a match as mentioned in educational requirements mentioned in NOC. Do cases get rejected in such scenario?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
phykavi said:
hello all,

I wanted to know how long does it take on an average after u receive PR invitation and have submitted all the documents ? kindly guide me .
thank you ,
Regards .
4.5 - 5 months on an average. Could take 6 + months depending on the case and/or the officer handling your case.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mvmkr said:
No ECA was done because he doesn't have the diploma, he dropped out after 3 years of studying and started working. We already created an EE for me but, if I am the main applicant, I am the only one who can sign for Job Bank. Quite frankly though, he has a better chance getting a job in Canada doing what he does. This is why we decided to create 2 EEs (one where I am the main applicant, and another one where he is). Would you happen to know if he could apply to jobs through Job Bank without an Express Entry?
Job bank registration is just a formality - that's all it is. Your husband cannot be a primary applicant unless he has a post-secondary degree/diploma and an accompanying ECA if his degree/diploma is not a Canadian one. You can be the primary applicant and add your husband as the dependent. Creating an account in job bank does not mean you/your husband will get the job. Honestly speaking, job bank provides unrelated job matches - My NOC is 2174 (IT) and I get job alerts for a Gas station Manager and store clerks.

Having said that, your husband could register with other job boards/sites - indeed.ca, monster.ca, workopolis.ca etc and try his luck there instead. You could register with these websites as well.