+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

shajibetu

Apr 1, 2016
I got ITA on Feb 10th and applied on Feb 12 th. Got medical passed on Feb 15th and so far no news and no updates.

I am an international PhD student and got provincial nomination from Saskatchewan and applied with ITA on Feb,2016 and passed my medical on the same month. After that, no news so far, it says on ECas- 'Review in progress'. I was wondering, if my credit card balance (debt) increases while my application is under process, will that affect my application?

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
Is it true that you need a passport valid for at least 12 month from the date of the PPR?

Mine expires in may 2017 and I am sure I will not receive PPR before that.

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
Hi everyone,

My spouse and I have got the AOR earlier in March, with her as the principal applicant.

However, something strange happened.

Her original ECA from WES stated that her educational qualifications were equivalent to 2 Masters degree in Canada. Now, without any request from our end, WES has sent in a revised ECA (dated 30th March 2016) which states that her educational qualifications are equivalent to 1 Masters Degree. This won't affect her CRS points overall.

Just had 2 queries about it:

1. Why has WES done this, is it possibly due to a request from CIC?
2. Do I need to update her CIC profile and inform the visa officer? If so how exactly is this to be done?

Thanks in advance!

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
YokoDaddy said:
Hi everyone,

My spouse and I have got the AOR earlier in March, with her as the principal applicant.

Her original ECA from WES stated that her educational qualifications were equivalent to 2 Masters degree in Canada. Now, without any request from our end, WES has sent in a revised ECA (dated 30th March 2016) which states that her educational qualifications are equivalent to 1 Masters Degree. This won't affect her CRS points overall.

2. Do I need to update her CIC profile and inform the visa officer? If so how exactly is this to be done?

Thanks in advance!
I recommend the following;

1. Call WES and find out exactly why they revised the ECA, I doubt if CIC instructed them to do so, but you have to contact them to find out the truth.
2. Raise a CSE and attach the new document to CIC so they can update your application accordingly; here is the link for case specific enquiry (CSE)
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Hope this helps

freakyVicky

Mar 30, 2016
Hi All,

I have a query regarding the requirement of Police Clearing Certificate for different countries. Currently I am in UK from less than 2 months. Although I have a 1 year visa but I am expected to go back to India in a month or so. Do I need the PCC for UK?

I get this doubt because CIC website says that you should provide PCC for countries where you have stayed 6 months or more? Please suggest.

PS: I have received ITA with 472 points and have around 50 days left to submit my application.

Thanks in Advance,
Vivek

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi,

Need your help to understand the meaning of "foreign work experience" right. You know it is a part of the skill transfer ability factors.
My question is, which one of the following does it mean exactly?
1. work experience out of Canada AND out of your country of origin/home country
2. ANY work experience out of Canada (i.e. including your work experience in your home country as well).

I have more than 6 years of work experience in my home country - India and my IELTS score is listening 8.5, reading 7.5, writing 7 and speaking 8. The overall IELTS band is 8.

I have to apply in the pool and got confused with the word foreign work experience.

Thank you in advance

inamul70

Jul 20, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
2nd line updated on 30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015 -- 3rd line updated on 17-02-2015 -- RPRF encashes on 20-02-2015
Interview........
waived -- DM : 20-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 submitted : 01-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
Good Luck Guyzzzzz

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
Thank you very much, that does help!

LizzyBob said:
I recommend the following;

1. Call WES and find out exactly why they revised the ECA, I doubt if CIC instructed them to do so, but you have to contact them to find out the truth.
2. Raise a CSE and attach the new document to CIC so they can update your application accordingly; here is the link for case specific enquiry (CSE)

Hope this helps

jjose91

Apr 3, 2016
Hi there..

just wanted to know how long is this Waiting going to be. on an average

Its been less than 2 weeks since I entered the pool.

I am 24yrs old, masters degree.. n so on an so... total CRS points with 453. Single person...

now how long will this wait take. Should I take all my police clearance and medical and all that and keep it ready. Or the wait will be drastically long. so dont worry about it until the ITA comes.?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
divyamenon said:
Hello everyone,

I created my Express Entry profile in Feb 2016 and also got registered with job bank but not receiving any job matches for some reason. I am also trying to get more information on the PN programs of different provinces. Is it possible to get a PN from a province wihtout a job offer as most of them require a job offer or is it better to get a job offer and then apply to one of the PNP's? Kindly advice.

Thanks
Divya
Check this post for details about PNPs -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4958217#msg4958217

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shajibetu said:
I got ITA on Feb 10th and applied on Feb 12 th. Got medical passed on Feb 15th and so far no news and no updates.

I am an international PhD student and got provincial nomination from Saskatchewan and applied with ITA on Feb,2016 and passed my medical on the same month. After that, no news so far, it says on ECas- 'Review in progress'. I was wondering, if my credit card balance (debt) increases while my application is under process, will that affect my application?
No. As long you have paid the fee and your card shows the debit, you are good to go! This will not affect your PR application in any way.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
YokoDaddy said:
Hi everyone,

No clue. They might have probably given it a second look and decided otherwise. Very unprofessional. You can write to the "Director of Evaluations" and ask for an explanation.

Yes, you can update CIC by raising a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry). Here's the link -

Attach the revised ECA report.

Thanks in advance!

Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
freakyVicky said:
Hi All,

I have a query regarding the requirement of Police Clearing Certificate for different countries. Currently I am in UK from less than 2 months. Although I have a 1 year visa but I am expected to go back to India in a month or so. Do I need the PCC for UK?

I get this doubt because CIC website says that you should provide PCC for countries where you have stayed 6 months or more? Please suggest.

PS: I have received ITA with 472 points and have around 50 days left to submit my application.

Thanks in Advance,
Vivek
Your current country of residence is UK isn't it? So YES, I think you need to get a PCC from UK as well and this PCC is valid only for 6 months.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Pawshi said:
Hi,

Need your help to understand the meaning of "foreign work experience" right. You know it is a part of the skill transfer ability factors.
My question is, which one of the following does it mean exactly?
1. work experience out of Canada AND out of your country of origin/home country
2. ANY work experience out of Canada (i.e. including your work experience in your home country as well).

I have more than 6 years of work experience in my home country - India and my IELTS score is listening 8.5, reading 7.5, writing 7 and speaking 8. The overall IELTS band is 8.

I have to apply in the pool and got confused with the word foreign work experience.

Thank you in advance
FWE means "Any work experience outside of Canada".

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
divyamenon said:
Hello everyone,

I created my Express Entry profile in Feb 2016 and also got registered with job bank but not receiving any job matches for some reason. I am also trying to get more information on the PN programs of different provinces. Is it possible to get a PN from a province wihtout a job offer as most of them require a job offer or is it better to get a job offer and then apply to one of the PNP's? Kindly advice.

Thanks
Divya
In some provinces like Ontario and Saskatchewan, You will not need a job offer to get a nomination. I am not sure of the other provinces though, you will have to check your eligibility for each province you might be looking at; here is a link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/