+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
I made the RPRF payment. Since I don't have a credit card, I made the payment with my debit card. As soon as I made the payment I've received a receipt of payment. Out of curiosity, I checked my internet banking account and found the amount in 'Amount in Holds' section which is deducted from my Available balance. So, I called the bank and they have mentioned that there is no hold from their end and they are simply waiting for the merchant to claim for it. They will only keep the money like that for the next 14 days after that it will be credited back to the account.

My question is-
Have anyone else experienced the same i.e. The payment amount getting deducted from available balance and stays as a hold/pending balance? Does CIC immediately takes the money or claim it after few days?
If the payment does not get through then will I get a rejection for this?

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks
Alifur

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
does anyone here know if our family can have 2 EEs? The first one is me as the main applicant, and the second one is my husband as a principal applicant and me as a secondary one. Please let me know if that's allowed.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mvmkr said:
does anyone here know if our family can have 2 EEs? The first one is me as the main applicant, and the second one is my husband as a principal applicant and me as a secondary one. Please let me know if that's allowed.
Yes, it is allowed, as in both the cases the primary applicant would be different.

janna1993

Mar 24, 2016
Can you help me guys. I've submitted my express of interest in Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Skilled Worker Overseas last October 2015. but I haven't still get any email of Invitation to apply. I am worrying with my application if I can get an invitation to apply.. It says in the site that your score must be atleast 60 points. I get 67 points. I have only distant relative there which is my 2nd auntie. My score is overall 366. Is there a chance I can get invitation to apply? please help me... I need your ideas.. I'm praying to get a chance to go in Canada to have a good opportunity.

RAHULKORAH

Mar 24, 2016
i am planning to apply for express entry
i have completed WES and IELTS
AT PRESENT I HAVE 396 CRS POINTS

i am an assistant professor in Mechanical Engineering department from july 2013
which province would be better for me to apply
also by creating an express entry profile, can i apply for the express entry PNP programmes from various provinces
when a province opens up a PNP programme will they pick us up from the pool of candidates or should we separately apply?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MrJK said:
Hi all..

Great forum BTW.

I have a question. Around 5 years ago me and my girlfriend went to Canada on work & travel visa and stayed there for 1.5y. We did retail surepvisor jobs full time. Is it considered as Canadian work experience?

Thanks a lot

Cheers
To be able to apply under CEC, the work experience you gained in Canada should be within the past 3 years. You are not eligible to apply under CEC.

However, if your job fell under the NOC 0/A/B AND you were employed legally and worked full-time (equivalent amount of part-time) AND you were paid AND you have reference letters and other documents to prove your work, you can claim points for 1 year Canadian experience.

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi There,

I am preparing my docs to be sent to WES. I am a postgraduate in Computers (Completed MCA and got Advanced Post Graduate Diploma (APGDCA) also in its first year) and have 6.2 years of total IT experience.

I also completed my Certificate course in Software application development from Delhi University which was of 6 months(4 months study + 2 months internship) (2008 Sep to 2009 Feb)and I was also doing my Bachelors from Delhi University by then (Completed in 2009 July)

Shall I also send my Certificate course to WES to get its authentication checked? Please share the reply ASAP.

Will showing this certificate make any considerable changes in the total marks in the EE?

I also have one more query:

In the WES site for India, it is saying that Secondary Education's docs are also required? Is it so? I am a Postgraduate, so I will be showing my till yet attained all docs, but should I also send the docs of my Secondary Education to WES? Please help.

Thanks,
Gurmeet Kaur

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Gurmeet_Kaur23 said:
Hi There,

I am preparing my docs to be sent to WES. I am a postgraduate in Computers (Completed MCA and got Advanced Post Graduate Diploma (APGDCA) also in its first year) and have 6.2 years of total IT experience.

I also completed my Certificate course in Software application development from Delhi University which was of 6 months(4 months study + 2 months internship) (2008 Sep to 2009 Feb)and I was also doing my Bachelors from Delhi University by then (Completed in 2009 July)

Shall I also send my Certificate course to WES to get its authentication checked? Please share the reply ASAP.

Will showing this certificate make any considerable changes in the total marks in the EE?

Thanks,
Gurmeet Kaur
As per the requirement, you need to get only your highest degree assessed. But for some people WES does not consider their Masters equivalent to Canadian Masters, so when people are not sure how WES would assess their Masters, it is suggested to send Bachelors/diploma/certificate course as well, so in case WES does not treat Masters as Masters, but assesses Masters as another Bachelors then the applicant can select 'two or more degrees where one is at least three years' option to get more points. Please note WES does not charge you based on the number of degrees/certificates/diplomas that you get assessed.

Did you try the Canadian equivalency tool on WES' website, what did it say about your Masters and Certificate course? http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi,

Yes, I tried that and it showed that both my Bachelors and Masters degrees are valid in Canada as Bachelors and masters both. But am confused about my certificate, I got from DU. Should I send that as well?

Also, as per my understanding from your reply, I should not send my Secondary educations' certificates. Is it right?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Gurmeet_Kaur23 said:
Hi,

Yes, I tried that and it showed that both my Bachelors and Masters degrees are valid in Canada as Bachelors and masters both. But am confused about my certificate, I got from DU. Should I send that as well? - If I were you, I would have sent my Bachelors as well. In fact, I did. :)

Also, as per my understanding from your reply, I should not send my Secondary educations' certificates. Is it right? - You are correct.

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Thanks Stanlee for the kind help. I have one more query that : Both my universities have denied sending my docs to WES directly. They said that I only need to send them. But when I checked the same on the site of WES, it showed that I need to also fill "International_Transcript_Request.pdf".

What does it mean and why do I need to fill this? If yes, Should I also fill the part B of that same form?

Please help.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Gurmeet_Kaur23 said:
Thanks Stanlee for the kind help. I have one more query that : Both my universities have denied sending my docs to WES directly. They said that I only need to send them. But when I checked the same on the site of WES, it showed that I need to also fill "International_Transcript_Request.pdf".

What does it mean and why do I need to fill this? If yes, Should I also fill the part B of that same form?

Please help.
Academic Transcript Request Form is for you to submit the university to release the documents to be submitted to WES, but it is not a mandatory document (if given to university/college, they need to fill it). As long as your educational transcripts are given to you by the college/university to send to WES in a sealed and stamped envelope, you can mention the WES Reference Number on each envelope and on the master envelope as well and send it to WES.

akubilly

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
Yes, it is allowed, as in both the cases the primary applicant would be different.
Hello Stanlee,

Please are you absolutely sure about this? more than one application from same family? Because I and my spouse also wants to do same but we are scared that it might backfire us on or we might look greedy. But if this is allowed I would really love for two of us to try out two diff EE profile and see who gets an ITA first.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
akubilly said:
Hello Stanlee,

Please are you absolutely sure about this? more than one application from same family? Because I and my spouse also wants to do same but we are scared that it might backfire us on or we might look greedy. But if this is allowed I would really love for two of us to try out two diff EE profile and see who gets an ITA first.
Instead of doing that, you can check who among you gets the maximum CRS points and let that person be the PA. There is no point in creating 2 applications like this. What is the advantage in this? How is creating 2 applications useful? I don't get it.