+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
koolsasi2k6 said:
Thanks for the link Stanlee.
After going through these links, i understood that the province will identify the suitable profile from the Express Entry pool and sends a PT Notification of Interest. This notification will allow the applicant to apply for the respective PNP. We do not need to apply fill another application for getting a Notification of Interest from the province.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.
I believe this applies only to Ontario. Some provinces like SINP, NSNP and PEI require you to apply (they don't send PTs). You can prepare your documents and be ready and when any of these provinces open, you can apply. As for OINP, looks like they have put a temporary hold on PTs. They **might** send PTs once they reduce the backlog.

mohan308

Aug 8, 2015
Hi Rajkamal..I am from Chennai. I got ITA last month and i am in need of your help..Can you please provide your contact no..You can contact me at 8122150818

Jan 23, 2016
Hi

Can somebody help to find the profile number and job validation code. I have followed every instruction the cic site gives couldn't find it. Please help

Thank you,

Clive

graci

Dec 10, 2015
megadesu said:
Hi,

Thank you for the answer. Just still have some confusions. Since every time you create a new entry under Education history, it has a column asking level of education. The first time when I created the profile both of my Canadian PG certificate and overseas BA, I choose one BA, or certificate... under this two different entries. As a result, it didn't count the score as I have two and more....

Now, I recreated my profile, and under both of my entry, I chose two and more...., the calculation counted two and more. So are you suggesting that I should choose one BA under the oversea BA entry, then choose two and more under Canadian PG certificate?

Thank you. Really need to know if I need to update my profile.
No, for both certificates you have to choose "two or more... " as your highest level of education obtained, so the column asking level of education for each entry will show two and more, and you will be counted the score as "two or more certificates..". This is the third or four question when you are editing each entry.

When you are editing the details of your oversea BA entry, the last question (after requesting the ECA number) is about the degree in your ECA report, only in that field you choose "one bachelor degree".

You won't have this question in your other entry because it's a Canadian diploma.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Clivelloydrocks said:
Hi

Can somebody help to find the profile number and job validation code. I have followed every instruction the cic site gives couldn't find it. Please help

Thank you,

Clive
1. Log into your MyCIC account
2. Go to 'View my submitted applications or profiles'
3. Click the button 'View status and messages', you will be directed to the 'Application/Profile Details' page.
4. Go to te bottom of the 'Application/Profile Details' page, you will 'Application Messages (1)'. The message would have the subject 'Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank'
5. Click on the message 'Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank', the page will expand and show 'To view this message click here'
6. After you click on the link, a pdf will download which will have your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
graci said:
No, for both certificates you have to choose "two or more... " as your highest level of education obtained, so the column asking level of education for each entry will show two and more, and you will be counted the score as "two or more certificates..". This is the third or four question when you are editing each entry.

When you are editing the details of your oversea BA entry, the last question (after requesting the ECA number) is about the degree in your ECA report, only in that field you choose "one bachelor degree".

You won't have this question in your other entry because it's a Canadian diploma.
Hi,

Many thanks. So I spent some time yesterday in the forum to see if I could fine what other people did. And there was one person which I would agree with the logics.

So when I put in my BA my level of education is " One degree, ...". As it was true that at that time my level of education was only one degree.

Then when I entered the second postgraduate certificate, I chose "Two and more...". As again, made more sense to me that at this time when I finished the postgraduate program, I was holding two and more....

Do you think that make more sense to you?

ananda.nyn

Mar 18, 2015
Peeps..

I have a question and I am uncertain about the current situation I am in. Following lists the timeline from the start of my application

1) EE application submission - Oct 28, 2015
2) Change of marital status - Nov 15, 2015
3) Informed CIC and received relationship questionnaire - Nov 27, 2015
4) Submitted Relationship Questionnaire - Dec 7, 2015
5) Received request to submit spouse related documents - Jan 27, 2016
6) Received acknowledgement from CIC for spouse related documents - Feb 3, 2016 (problem started here)

Along with the acknowledgement in Step 6, CIC mentioned that my spouse's PR application fee receipt was missing although I had submitted them. But since they asked, I submitted the receipt again on Feb 7, 2016 in the portal and to CPC ottawa in an email and asked them if there was a confusion. To this date, my status is still - "Additional Document Needed From the Applicant". CIC has not responded to several emails (to CPC ottawa) and a Case Specific Enquiry for the Status of my application.

While I also realized on March 7, 2016, that after uploading the document (2nd time), I had to click next and submit an electronic signature only . I never did this step the during the first time I uploaded, but CIC recognized that I had uploaded. When I was still in the dark not knowing what was happening, I received my Passport Request Email today (March 18, 2016)

The big question is - "Is my spouse included?" OR because I made a mistake in submission of the receipt, "Spouse is not Included?"

Please advise.

xheikh

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Hi Guys,

I need some assistance in filling the Schedule A form. I am asked to provide Address History (Section 12) and Personal History (Section 8).

I have question, I am currently in Canada and doing Job and under Ontario PNP - CEC class for Express Entry. I visited my Country 2 times, 1 time to USA and one day transit Visit to Qatar and 3 Day trip to Dubai.

I was International Student for my first visit of 20 days to my country. Due to fog flight was cancelled and stayed in Qatar for 1 day.
I am Temporary Resident and doing full time job for my 2nd visit of 30 days to my country.
I am Temporary Resident and doing full time job for my visit 2 days to USA.
I visited Dubai for 3 days to attend conference while I was in my country and doing full time job.

Kindly guide on this.

Thanks,

Will i need to give all this information in Personal History as I already provided this in my Express Entry Profile under Travel History.

mohan308

Aug 8, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I need some assistance in showing the proof of funds. Can I open a fixed deposit and get the certificate and withdraw the money very next day or week. They need the certificate only. Can I do this. Please help me out in this

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello Everyone,

My application for Canadian PR has been approved. I have received my passport along with a stamped visa for a single entry valid up to Aug 28.

I was wondering if anyone could help me on the next steps? I only ask because I'm not sure how things proceed from here (in terms of required paperwork and proofs) and Canadian immigration hasn't explicitly listed a series of steps.

Also when I land in Canada, do I have to show the proof of funds? Do I have to show cash? Not sure on this aspect.

Lastly, since this forum has been awesome in providing information from fellow applicants I want to give back to the community by sharing specific details and dates on my application. Might just be useful for others. On what thread / excel can I share this?

Thanks a lot and best of luck to all of you!

shabz84

Mar 11, 2016
Hi everybody,
I have 3 queries......
1st is that i have 1 and a half yrs work experience before my masters and 2 yrs after masters, so how many yrs of exp can i show? 2 or 3and a half?
2nd is, after making the EE profile and applying for the job bank, do i have a chance of getting a job offer via job bank? and does that change my current CRS points?
finally, how should i show proof of funds? is there a particular timeline? 6 months or so that these funds are in my account or just a few days bank balance is enough?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
shabz84 said:
Hi everybody,
I have 3 queries......
1st is that i have 1 and a half yrs work experience before my masters and 2 yrs after masters, so how many yrs of exp can i show? 2 or 3and a half?
2nd is, after making the EE profile and applying for the job bank, do i have a chance of getting a job offer via job bank? and does that change my current CRS points?
finally, how should i show proof of funds? is there a particular timeline? 6 months or so that these funds are in my account or just a few days bank balance is enough?
1. If the work experience that you are referring to falls under NOC skill type 0, A or B, then yes, you can show all those years. If you are including all those years, you need to consider the requirements mentioned here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

2. The chances of getting a job while you are not in Canada is very bleak, unless and until you have niche skills and employers in Canada are not able to find anyone locally. Job Bank registration is more of a requirement for Express Entry profile submission.

3. You can show the following as proof of funds - savings account balance, salary account balance, FD receipts, RD statements etc. You will need to get a letter issued by your bank stating the details of the account(s) held by you with the bank along with 6 months statement. The main reason why they insist on 6 months statement is to ensure that the applicant has not borrowed funds or taken a loan to show as proof of funds for settlement.

sachinrsharma

Mar 19, 2016
Hi guys
I am from India. I have completed B.Tech in IT in regular mode (obviously) from a state owned University and MBA in Marketing Management through Distance Learning mode from a Private University. Which category do I fall in.."Masters or PhD" or "Two or more degrees.."?
Secondly, I do not have enough money in my bank account to show as proof of funds till date. If I deposit money in it now and show its statement more than 6 months later (statement of last 6 months at that time), will it work?
Third, how to get registered in job bank? I have checked the website but it only has options for searching jobs or exploring careers etc. What are the requirements to register? Is there some fees required for the same? Should I register only after I create Express Entry profile or should I do it right away?
FYI, I haven't initiated the process at the moment.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sachinrsharma said:
Hi guys
I am from India. I have completed B.Tech in IT in regular mode (obviously) from a state owned University and MBA in Marketing Management through Distance Learning mode from a Private University. Which category do I fall in.."Masters or PhD" or "Two or more degrees.."?
Secondly, I do not have enough money in my bank account to show as proof of funds till date. If I deposit money in it now and show its statement more than 6 months later (statement of last 6 months at that time), will it work?
Third, how to get registered in job bank? I have checked the website but it only has options for searching jobs or exploring careers etc. What are the requirements to register? Is there some fees required for the same? Should I register only after I create Express Entry profile or should I do it right away?
FYI, I haven't iniated the process at the moment.
On the face of it, you will fall into Masters category. But, first you will have to get your educational credentials assessed by organisations designated by CIC. The list of organisations designated by CIC are mentioned in this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp. Generally people go with WES for their ECA. Meanwhile, you can check the Canadian equivalency of your Indian degree here http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

Secondly, you will have to get IELTS (General Training) done. You will need to have both ECA and IELTS TRF ready to create and submit your Express Entry profile. Once you create your account, you will get a message in your MyCIC account which will have instructions to set up your Job Bank account.

For proof of funds, what matters is the source of funds, that is the reason CIC asks for 6 months statements. It is not necessary that you have to maintain the funds for 6 months in your account if you can prove that the funds that you show rightfully belongs to you and it is not a loan. You can show savings bank account balance, FD receipts, RD statements, liquidated stocks, mutual funds, ULIPs where the proceeds have bee credited to your account.

So the first step is ECA and IELTS.

sachinrsharma

Mar 19, 2016
Thanks for prompt reply. My query regarding proof of funds was, in fact, I can not show that the funds belong to me. So as an alternative, can I just show funds in savings account that are more than 6 months old and get away with it? The truth is I will get financial assistance from my family members which is otherwise not allowed. So will this method work?