+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

ljr30

Jan 11, 2016
Hi

I just wanna ask regarding my plan of applying for Express Entry for me to have a Permanent Residency. I am currently here in Canada for 5mos now with tourist visa. My brother as my employer processed my papers as a
live-in caregiver for his kids. We received the LMIA and processed my working permit this month. As of now, we are still waiting for the approved working permit.

My question is, can I apply for Express Entry for PR application? Can I have both papers or visa (working permit & PR visa)? Can this be possible without any problem?

Hope you can help.. Thank you!

angel0815

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Duskyblue said:
That should work. Here is what my requirement said (but please note I can't guarantee it will be exactly the same for you):

You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.
Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.
The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)

So your additonal document would be fine if it 1) also has the company letterhead with the required info (address, contact person etc.) and you 2) make sure to make one single pdf out of it.
Many thanks again Duskyblue! Will take note of your advice ;)

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Hello Everybody.

I have many questions but first one is : My husband and I live in Canada now (IEC). When it comes to EE profile (FSW) what do we say when it comes to the funds? Do we still need to declare 14 k? I understand that this amount of money regards people who need to come and settle in Canada. We are already here, working and making a living, so how much money should I declare? Will my EE aplication be rejected if I declare e.g 3k?
I have to add that we do not have PNP or job offer falling undel LMIA (we work and will have references saying that we are hired for unlimited time).

Thank you.

Kriwebs

Jun 20, 2015
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sch-4 on 18-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
17-04-2016
Med's Done....
05-04-2016
Hello Everyone,

If I submit a acknowledgement receipt saying that I have applied for pcc because it's a long process about 3-4 months. would it be okay and can I upload it when I receive my pcc later? even after I submit my documents to CIC after received ITA?

Thanks
Kriwebs

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
doro_07 said:
Hello Everybody.

I have many questions but first one is : My husband and I live in Canada now (IEC). When it comes to EE profile (FSW) what do we say when it comes to the funds? Do we still need to declare 14 k? I understand that this amount of money regards people who need to come and settle in Canada. We are already here, working and making a living, so how much money should I declare? Will my EE aplication be rejected if I declare e.g 3k?
I have to add that we do not have PNP or job offer falling undel LMIA (we work and will have references saying that we are hired for unlimited time).

Thank you.
You need to have required funds according to this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp, depending on number of family members.

OKHA1

Jul 24, 2015
Hello,
Questions: I did my masters in Canada but i already have a bachelors and masters back home. Do you think if i send them to WES, i will get more points in my EE profile or i should send only the Bachelors degree?

Also, my profile showed Ineligible, do you know why? I am suspecting it is the way i filled my Work experience. I have a masters in Engineering but i have been doing sheet metal work for over one year.

What should i put in the current NOC code of the current work permit?
Primary occupation and the date qualified to practice in the occupation?

swisswise

Jan 24, 2016
I'm in little doubt for Eca. My master is from us university and I have a sealed university envelope of transcript. I checked one unsealed copy n it says true copy issued to student.

I m pretty sure it's the same thing in sealed envelope too. Do you think it is acceptable by Wes if I send this sealed envelope?

PBJ

Jun 26, 2015
Hi All,

I was trying to identify my NOC for applying for EE.

My current role in the organization (Software company) is that of Business Development but previously I have been working as a :

1. Software Programmer - 7 Years
2. Project Manager - 2 Years
3. Business Development - 2 Years (Current Role). In all I have a working experience of 11 years.

Which NOC would be valid in my case?

When I check the NOC list there are 3 options:
1. Software Programmer - 2173
2. Project Manager -0213
3. Business Development - 4163

Kindly suggest ?

harry001

Aug 26, 2015
angel0815 said:
Many thanks again Duskyblue! Will take note of your advice ;)
Hi my question is that I already received invitation to apply but they are asking all proofs of employments and I came from Spain and some of the businesses are closed permanently and I don't have their personal numbers,so can I skip that job,means if I don't mention that job in my profile as I have enough points without those jobs ? Plz anybody help me

khakankundi

Jul 10, 2015
harry001 said:
Hi my question is that I already received invitation to apply but they are asking all proofs of employments and I came from Spain and some of the businesses are closed permanently and I don't have their personal numbers,so can I skip that job,means if I don't mention that job in my profile as I have enough points without those jobs ? Plz anybody help me
How much points do you have?
Can u mention the breakdown?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
swisswise said:
I'm in little doubt for Eca. My master is from us university and I have a sealed university envelope of transcript. I checked one unsealed copy n it says true copy issued to student.

I m pretty sure it's the same thing in sealed envelope too. Do you think it is acceptable by Wes if I send this sealed envelope?
As per WES 'If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the university or autonomous college that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES.

WES only accepts documents attested and sealed by the designated official at the institution that conducted the examination (e.g. Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices). Attestations by individual professors or external notary publics will not be accepted.'

Note: The sealed envelope should have the Academic Records Request Form along with the educational documents (transcripts). The top section of the Academic Records Request Form should be filled in and signed by you before submitting it to the University. While releasing the academic records to you (to be submitted to WES), the University should place the Academic Records Request Form by filling and signing the bottom section of the Form.

So if you meet the above requirements and you are sure the sealed envelope has the Academic Records Request Form and Transcripts, you can send it across to WES.

OKHA1

Jul 24, 2015
Hello,
Questions: I did my masters in Canada but i already have a bachelors and masters back home. Do you think if i send them to WES, i will get more points in my EE profile or i should send only the Bachelors degree?

Also, my profile showed Ineligible, do you know why? I am suspecting it is the way i filled my Work experience. I have a masters in Engineering but i have been doing sheet metal work for over one year.

What should i put in the current NOC code of the current work permit?
Primary occupation and the date qualified to practice in the occupation?

Gulwinder

Jan 29, 2016
Hello freinds,

I have re-created my new Express Entry profile today and got new Express Entry Key and Job Seeker Code. I used them to update my Job Bank account but my express entry profile still shows Job Bank Info as pending. Please suggest what to do or it will take some time to confirm.

Thank you.!!

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
johnny123 said:
You need to have required funds according to this....., depending on number of family members.

I am not asking what the web site says, I am asking if anybody knows from experience. My friend from Manitoba said in her Express Entry that they will have 2,5 k and it was fine, because they live in Canada. So doeas anybody know that from his/her experience when it comes to Ontario? What happens when I say I do have 14 k but I acctually don't?

Another question : I run my own business in Poland. When I was there I worked over 40h a week. I have been i Canada almost a year, so I have been working only 10 hours a week as an owner (managing my employees, emails, contact with the clients, signing deals etc). How do I put that into my work history? Break it into two? e.g 2011-2015 40h a week as an ESL tutor/owner, 2015 - owner 10h a week. Or should I say it is my current job and just put 40 h tutor/owner?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kriwebs said:
Hello Everyone,

If I submit a acknowledgement receipt saying that I have applied for pcc because it's a long process about 3-4 months. would it be okay and can I upload it when I receive my pcc later? even after I submit my documents to CIC after received ITA?

Thanks
Kriwebs
People applying for FBI PCC have been having this liberty but I am not sure CIC will accept the same excuse for other PCCs. I don't recommend it.