+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
auss1e said:
It didn't require any upload of ECA..?
ECA is not a part of the CIC checklist but the cumulative intelligence on the forum suggests that a copy of the ECA along with a copy of degree certificate be uploaded in the placeholder for education documents.

khakankundi

Jul 10, 2015
Hello everyone, can anyone please help me regarding documents evaluation?

I am planning to send my documents through HEC to "University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) SCHOOL OF CONTINUING STUDIES" for documents evaluation.

I have BA (Private) from Punjab University and MBA from Preston University.

I have the following question

1- Should i send both degrees for evaluation or only MBA degree will be enough?
2- My BA (Private) degree will be considered as a 2 year degree? I have to mntion time duration and years (From - to) in the application.

I am a secondary applicant whereas my wife is a primary applicant and her documents are already forwarded to PEBC for evaluation as she is a pharmacist.

Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thank You
Khakan
Pakistan

rmumtaz

Jan 25, 2016
Dear friends,

One query, when do we need to decide about our NOC profession ? I mean
Do we need to provide our profession during WES evaluation for assessment
Or WES only verify our academic degrees ?
What we need to provide to WES ? Only degrees or experience letters from employer for NOC PROFESSION ASSESSMENT ?

One thing more: for NOC 0131 ( telecom carriers profession) do we need engineering degree
Or MASTER IN COMPUTER SCIENCE IS OK?
They have given requirement like : Master in science only.

Please reply whoever has this information
Thanks in advance

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
For those of you who have already completed your ECA, which service did you use? I'm looking for one that is fast, doesn't require a ton of documents and proof, and is reasonably priced. Can anyone help?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
khakankundi said:
Hello everyone, can anyone please help me regarding documents evaluation?

I am planning to send my documents through HEC to "University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) SCHOOL OF CONTINUING STUDIES" for documents evaluation.

I have BA (Private) from Punjab University and MBA from Preston University.

I have the following question

1- Should i send both degrees for evaluation or only MBA degree will be enough?
2- My BA (Private) degree will be considered as a 2 year degree? I have to mntion time duration and years (From - to) in the application.

I am a secondary applicant whereas my wife is a primary applicant and her documents are already forwarded to PEBC for evaluation as she is a pharmacist.

Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thank You
Khakan
Pakistan
Any particular reason for selecting Comparative Education Service (CES). There processing time is 15-20 weeks and charges are nearly equivalent to WES.

WES generally completes evaluations in 20 days. You can use Free Degree Equivalency Tool for an idea on what final evaluation results will be.

https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp

If your MBA from Preston gets Canadian equivalence of Masters then you do not have to send BA docs for evaluation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mvmkr said:
For those of you who have already completed your ECA, which service did you use? I'm looking for one that is fast, doesn't require a ton of documents and proof, and is reasonably priced. Can anyone help?
You might want to consider WES.

Check the below link -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/educational-credential-assessment-eca-from-wes-step-by-step-guide-t394160.0.html;msg4915409#msg4915409

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
rmumtaz said:
Dear friends,

One query, when do we need to decide about our NOC profession ? I mean
Do we need to provide our profession during WES evaluation for assessment : No
Or WES only verify our academic degrees ? Yes
What we need to provide to WES ? Only degrees or experience letters from employer for NOC PROFESSION ASSESSMENT ?

http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/

One thing more: for NOC 0131 ( telecom carriers profession) do we need engineering degree
Or MASTER IN COMPUTER SCIENCE IS OK?
They have given requirement like : Master in science only.

A match between Education and NOC is not needed unless its a regulated profession. ECA validates your education claim and letter from employer validates your work experience claims. A match between the two is not needed for Express Entry purposes.

Please reply whoever has this information
Thanks in advance

merc0139

Jan 6, 2016
merc0139 said:
I have 2 questions if anyone can please help me out -

1. Can I claim points for 1 year of work experience from 2 different NOCs?
Ex: 2 months Experience from (for example) 1111 NOC and 10 months from 2222 NOC (both within 0/A/B) My primary occupation and intended NOC in Canada will be 2222.

2. In my primary NOC (2222 for example) I have had 2 jobs - 1 for 5 months, then 40 days gap period before I started my current job where I've completed 5 months. NOT including the 40 days in my 1 year experience. However do both jobs count as "continous" despite the gap?

Thank you so much and big hug to anyone who helps! :D

----
EDIT: Reason why I'm asking these silly questions is because on this forum I've found varied and contradicting answers which led to some confusion. So please be kind :-* ;D
Anyone? Pretty please?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
merc0139 said:
I have 2 questions if anyone can please help me out -

1. Can I claim points for 1 year of work experience from 2 different NOCs?
Ex: 2 months Experience from (for example) 1111 NOC and 10 months from 2222 NOC (both within 0/A/B) My primary occupation and intended NOC in Canada will be 2222.

2. In my primary NOC (2222 for example) I have had 2 jobs - 1 for 5 months, then 40 days gap period before I started my current job where I've completed 5 months. NOT including the 40 days in my 1 year experience. However do both jobs count as "continous" despite the gap?

Thank you so much and big hug to anyone who helps! :D

----
EDIT: Reason why I'm asking these silly questions is because on this forum I've found varied and contradicting answers which led to some confusion. So please be kind :-* ;D
As per my understanding, you need a minimum of one year, continuous work experience in one NOC to satisfy the eligibility criteria. Any work experience beyond that, however broken or short it might be, counts.

In your case, I'm inclined to believe that you do not satisfy that criteria.

There was a discussion earlier about this topic - Check here -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4917837#msg4917837

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
merc0139 said:
Anyone? Pretty please?
As Raj already stated, you do not seem to meet minimum eligibility criteria for "FSW". For CEC your 1 year minimum work exp requirement need not be continuous.

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Could you please explain the logic behind this?
Hi Rajkamal

I hold a Ph.D degree & my sister is settled there. My spouse is a graduate and no close relative in Canada. Therefore I am confused if only I should apply or both of us.

So please guide me..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Himalaya1 said:
Hi Rajkamal

I hold a Ph.D degree & my sister is settled there. My spouse is a graduate and no close relative in Canada. Therefore I am confused if only I should apply or both of us.

So please guide me..
Whoever gets more CRS points should be the principal applicant. Having a relative does not give you any CRS points and doesn't add much to your application, IMO. It is only good for gaining 5 points in the FSW grid, AFAIK.