+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
techie85 said:
Hi All,

I need to fill the wes form for the ECA for express entry, I have confusion about filling the name. As per my passport, my given name name is "Randeep Singh" and there is no surname/last name in the passport. So what should I fill in the First (Given name) name and Last (Family) name field in the wes application form.
I suggest you to get your name changed in the passport. Without a last name, I think it is very difficult in western countries. I have heard many Indians facing this problem in the US. The same applies to Canada. It is better to have your passport updated.

About the ECA thing, what is the name printed on your academic certificates? Is it Randeep S or Randeep Singh?

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
techie85 said:
Hi All,

I need to fill the wes form for the ECA for express entry, I have confusion about filling the name. As per my passport, my given name name is "Randeep Singh" and there is no surname/last name in the passport. So what should I fill in the First (Given name) name and Last (Family) name field in the wes application form.
For CIC atleast you can fill in your entire name as the surname if you don't have a surname (yeah I know, its weird).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=014&t=4

Probably you can check with WES, if you can do the same there also.

skroncan

Jul 7, 2015
Hello JKal, Asivad and other seniors,

I have three questions.

1) All my travel history (approx 15 countries) appears in my old and expired passport. When I applied for FSWP 2014 I sent copy of each page of old as well as new passport. Now, in post-ITA form I have put all my travel history, even if it is for 5 days and there is no stamping to prove that since SCHENGEN VISA covers almost all EU. How to prove that I've visited all these countries if I do not send the scanned pages of old passport???

2) For proof of study I have uploaded WES+Bachelors onwards degrees. Do I also need to put certificates from high school and intermediate (Class 12th)Huh

3) For medical it asks to enter the UMI number in e-APR. How/where to enter this? Or, only upload the information sheet and let CIC figure it out???

Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
skroncan said:
Hello JKal, Asivad and other seniors,

I have three questions.

1) All my travel history (approx 15 countries) appears in my old and expired passport. When I applied for FSWP 2014 I sent copy of each page of old as well as new passport. Now, in post-ITA form I have put all my travel history, even if it is for 5 days and there is no stamping to prove that since SCHENGEN VISA covers almost all EU. How to prove that I've visited all these countries if I do not send the scanned pages of old passport???

Upload everything that you have. CIC knows that with a single Schengen Visa, you can visit most of EU. You can add a LOE explaining this.

2) For proof of study I have uploaded WES+Bachelors onwards degrees. Do I also need to put certificates from high school and intermediate (Class 12th)Huh

No. You need to upload only post-secondary degrees and diplomas. Upload your Bachelors/Masters (if you have one) degree certificate along with your ECA report

3) For medical it asks to enter the UMI number in e-APR. How/where to enter this? Or, only upload the information sheet and let CIC figure it out???

Not very sure about this. Check the upfront medical form and see if you can find this field. Otherwise, upload the form and add a LOE. May be other members who have completed this process can help you with this better.

Thanks in advance.

Nit2015

Oct 13, 2015
Hi, I have uploaded a document in my check list and now I want to replace that with another document. How can I do that.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nit2015 said:
Hi, I have uploaded a document in my check list and now I want to replace that with another document. How can I do that.
Upload another document there and it will automatically overwrite the previous document.

reet10

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hi All,

I want to re-create my express entry profile, So I have withdrawn my express entry profile and deactivated my job bank profile. Is it all I need to do or anything else is also required?
Also after I create my new EE profile, do I need to create new job bank account and profile or activate the pre-existing as i m not making any changes to my NOC.
Please suggest.

Kind Regards

hasanul_murad

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Jul-2016
reet10 said:
Hi All,

I want to re-create my express entry profile, So I have withdrawn my express entry profile and deactivated my job bank profile. Is it all I need to do or anything else is also required?
Also after I create my new EE profile, do I need to create new job bank account and profile or activate the pre-existing as i m not making any changes to my NOC.
Please suggest.

Kind Regards
Hi Experts,

Help needed!!!

I want to do the same and want to recreate my EE profile. What are the steps I need to follow.

Regards

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
reet10 said:
Hi All,

Please suggest.

Kind Regards
AFAIK your job bank profile is linked to the EE profile. So if you create a new EE profile you would need to create a new job bank profile as well, to complete your EE submission. Regarding your previous profile, withdrawing EE and deactivating job bank profile should be good enough.

aditya24786

Sep 10, 2015
Dear Asivad and all other members,

One of my friend who have received his WES ECA today, for the bachelors it states his B.Architecture is equivalent to the Canadian architecture.
But for his PG course it states as follows,

Canadian Equivalency : Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks : The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential

Now because of this remark will he only get points for 'Bachelors Degree' or will he be able to get points for 'Two or more post secondary certificate/diploma/degree'

Request you to kindly confirm.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aditya24786 said:
Dear Asivad and all other members,

One of my friend who have received his WES ECA today, for the bachelors it states his B.Architecture is equivalent to the Canadian architecture.
But for his PG course it states as follows,

Canadian Equivalency : Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks : The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential

Now because of this remark will he only get points for 'Bachelors Degree' or will he be able to get points for 'Two or more post secondary certificate/diploma/degree'

Request you to kindly confirm.

Just Bachelors.

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi asivad,
Do u know why address got disappeared by itself on ecas?. my application was in process from 7 oct and last night my current home address from ecas disappeared.
what r u views about this change?

skroncan

Jul 7, 2015
Hey Asivad, JKal, Rajmohan, and other seniors,

When I upload all documents, what is next??? I think I will get a link to make the payment. Is it all CAD ~2250 in one shot???

After payment, what is the next step? I am a little nervous about going through the final stage. Have you ever heard anyone having payment through credit card problems in the last stage?

Will I get the reference no. for e-APR immediately? And that is all or there are some other formalities?
Thanks in advance guys.

aditya24786

Sep 10, 2015
I want my spouse to be the primary applicant as being her education is higher than mine we will be able to fetch roughly 462 points ;D, whereas if I will be the primary applicant we will score only 433 points. As the chances of getting ITA with 462 points are very high as compared to 433 :( we are planning to take this step.

I have a small doubt as her occupation is not there on the NOC list can she be the primary applicant or not ? ???