+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

ravsun

Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
Med's Done....
15-11-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Asivad Anac said:
No. It will still be 4 years. If you'd worked for less than 30 hours per week, it could've counted as less than 4 years though.
Hi Asivad,

I am the Primary applicant and I am arranging for Reference Letters for my Work Exp. My wife also has Work Exp as University Prof (NOC 4011). Does she also need to get Reference Letters for her experience, even though I am the Primary applicant?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravsun said:
Hi Asivad,

I am the Primary applicant and I am arranging for Reference Letters for my Work Exp. My wife also has Work Exp as University Prof (NOC 4011). Does she also need to get Reference Letters for her experience, even though I am the Primary applicant?
Unless she acquired this work experience inside Canada, No. If this experience was outside Canada, you can safely leave it out of your application as it makes no difference.

dedu dedu

Feb 21, 2015
Hello everyone,

I need help about a subject. Here is my situation.

I have worked from 2011/02 to 2013/12 with NOC 1225 (which makes 2 years 9 months) and previously from 2010/08 to 2011/02 with NOC 1241 (which makes 6 monts). These are both B class NOC codes. So these should be counted as "more than 3 years experience" when i enter the values to system.

Eventhough i have CLB 9, i get 25 points from foreign work experince section instead of 50 points.

Can anyone help me to understand why i cannot get 50 points?

new traveller

Dec 19, 2013
Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Hello please I need your help, if i can apply to EE program or not

i'm 31 year work , 9 years experience as system administrator have WES 4 years bachelor equivalent ,
my IELTS overall 6.5/ L7-R6.5-W6 S6.5,
my wife IELTS overall 5/ L5-R5-W5.5 S4.5 my wife is chemist
is that ok to apply for EE or need my wife get WES certificate as well

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
YokoDaddy said:
I am now sitting, as they say, on the horns of a dilemma.

I was planning to complete my express entry for NOC 1123 (total score 452) and suddenly discovered that my spouse could apply under NOC 4164 (Social Policy Researcher, consultant and program officer) with a total score of 458. It's likely she will take a little longer in getting all her docs together.

Does it make sense to :

1) Apply with her as the lead applicant given that 1123 will have a lot more people applying in? Does relative volume for a particular category determine ITA, or it just simply the score?

2) Do two applications - one for each of us as the lead applicant and withdraw one if/when the time comes?

Wanted to understand, scores notwithstanding, if one application had a better chance of being bumped up than the next one.
Anyone here can help please? Asivad, or any senior members? We are planning to create two profiles.

Quick couple of other qs - I'm applying under 1123 (marketing professionals), even though the designations state 'manager' and there's enough overlap between 1123 and 0124 (marketing managers). All my documentation was done with 1123 for the FSW in mind. Is that likely to be an issue, and what's the solution.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
Anyone here can help please? Asivad, or any senior members? We are planning to create two profiles.

Quick couple of other qs - I'm applying under 1123 (marketing professionals), even though the designations state 'manager' and there's enough overlap between 1123 and 0124 (marketing managers). All my documentation was done with 1123 for the FSW in mind. Is that likely to be an issue, and what's the solution.
No favoritism on NOCs. Just the CRS score. Get into the pool as soon as possible - you've missed 2 back-to-back 450 draws already.

The designation doesn't matter - if your job responsibilities match with NOC 1123, that would suffice.

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
I got an ITA in this round but I might not be able to collect all documents within 60 days. Is it possible to decline the invitation at any stage of filling the application before the 60 day deadline if it looks like I won't make it and be considered for the round that comes after it?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiron said:
I got an ITA in this round but I might not be able to collect all documents within 60 days. Is it possible to decline the invitation at any stage of filling the application before the 60 day deadline if it looks like I won't make it and be considered for the round that comes after it?
Yes.

A better idea would be to decline it earlier so that you can get another ITA earlier rather than waiting a month or more to decline the ITA.

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
No favoritism on NOCs. Just the CRS score. Get into the pool as soon as possible - you've missed 2 back-to-back 450 draws already.

The designation doesn't matter - if your job responsibilities match with NOC 1123, that would suffice.
Thanks a lot Asivad, you have been one of the most helpful people on the forum! Have one query on the Job Bank profiles, when I'm building my profile there it suggests 0124 against my past designations. Wondering if that'll be a conflict if I've applied under 1123?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
Thanks a lot Asivad, you have been one of the most helpful people on the forum! Have one query on the Job Bank profiles, when I'm building my profile there it suggests 0124 against my past designations. Wondering if that'll be a conflict if I've applied under 1123?
Job bank doesn't matter beyond being a part of the formality to get your EE profile active.

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Job bank doesn't matter beyond being a part of the formality to get your EE profile active.
Thank you sir!

Finally, one last question before I complete entry to the pool - we're anyway building two EE profiles (one each for me and my spouse). If she hadn't applied as the lead applicant before but as a dependent, do we need to a) say that she (in particular) has applied before and b) use the UCI number for the FSW application which was in my name? Can we treat her EE application as a fresh one and say that she hasn't applied before for immigration?

Edit: is 2 applications, one as applicant, one as dependent, grounds for disqualification?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
Thank you sir!

Finally, one last question before I complete entry to the pool - we're anyway building two EE profiles (one each for me and my spouse). If she hadn't applied as the lead applicant before but as a dependent, do we need to a) say that she (in particular) has applied before and b) use the UCI number for the FSW application which was in my name? Can we treat her EE application as a fresh one and say that she hasn't applied before for immigration?

Edit: is 2 applications, one as applicant, one as dependent, grounds for disqualification?
You can definitely have 2 applications - one for each of you as PA - but it doesn't make sense because one of the 1 applications would ideally have a higher CRS and you can create just that and not the other. Plus in both of these applications, you will have to mention the respective spouse details and mention them as 'accompanying' if both of you are keen on relocating together.

The other question would arise only if you are creating a profile with them as PA - even in that case, answer Yes in the interests of full disclosure.

dxb2020

Aug 28, 2015
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Hello people

I need your help/advice/suggestion

I want to get my ECA done. Before which i need to clarify that my country of residence is UAE and have completed my education here in UAE. However the institution from which i have completed my masters is an Australian Univeristy offering an Australian degree. The degree is attested and comes directly from Australia. My question is while selecting Country of Education should i select the country as UAE or Australia.

When trying the free Equivalency Report in WES
When i select UAE the university does not appear in the list. But when i select Australia it does appear in the list

:( :( ::)

dedu dedu

Feb 21, 2015
Hello,

I need your help about a subject. Here is my situation.

I have worked from 2011/02 to 2013/12 with NOC 1225 (which makes 2 years 9 months) and previously from 2010/08 to 2011/02 with NOC 1241 (which makes 6 months). These are both B class NOC codes. So these should be counted as "more than 3 years experience" when i enter the values to system.

Eventhough i have CLB 9, i get 25 points from foreign work experince section instead of 50 points.

Can you help me to understand why i cannot get 50 points? there was a system maintenance yesterday, can it be the reason please help.

many thanks in advance

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
I need some clarification regarding POF. I have required POF of 18,2XX CAD as per LICO for 3 members family. I have 2 accounts one is saving account in my home country and other salary account in middle east. My home country account have about 8,000 CAD lying since last 5 months and balance in my salary account is always fluctuating. some times at the month end it goes as low as 3,000 CAD and at the month end it goes up like more than 12,000 CAD. Overall, sometimes I have amount higher than required POF and sometimes less. Will it be okay with CIC if my final submitted statement of funds is higher than required POF? Important to mention is that my pay stubs show that required POF is equivalent to 3-4 months salary but i can't block 18,000 CAD all the time due to my other financial engagements. Although I don't have any debts/loans to my name. Please advise.
Also, Does CIC require one letter stating the account details and final balance or they need detailed statement for six (6) months having each and every transaction?