+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
velayudhambio said:
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm from India. I have just sent my documents for ECA and I'm expecting it to get over by 20 days as they have already started to process my documents for ECA as per WES site... As per the minimum points which I need to get in IELTS, I'll end up somewhere between 330-350 pts as calculated in this site.

My profile is from IT Infrastructure support and my total experience is 8 years out of which first 4 years were from technical support and the last 4 years is IT tech support (both are almost similar as I deal with end users).

Now, my doubt is how to proceed once I register in CIC?

How does interviews work, when we don't even have a visa yet? We don't know when this process will end, and only after getting visa, we can drop our papers in current company and it's another 3 months process to get relieved from current company. How much months does the employers wait after recruiting employees before they join?

If someone can help me with this, it would be a great help.

Thanks
Vela
Please do not expect any job offers/interviews before you land in Canada. Employers are not ready to hire you when you are in India even if you have got your visa. I've heard a case where the employer interviewed a person on Skype but it is an extremely rare case. The chances of landing a job when you are not in Canada is almost = 0.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
md321 said:
Hi,

I am a ship's engineer - NOC 2274. By nature my job is contractual as it is not possible to stay on ship for long time. So I work 4 months on board ship and stay 3 to 5 months in vacation. I get paid only when I am on board though leave pay is included with that. I have about 8 years experience but not with same employer. For example, I worked 3 years with company A (4 contracts -each approximately 5 months) , 6 months for company B(One contract of 6 months), again 2.5 years for company C (4 contracts- each approximately 4 months)and so on. As my job is not continuous, is it going to be a problem ? And how should I present my employment history? It should be only the time spent on board ship or the calendar year with the company? If any of you can clarify the doubt, that will be a great help.

Thanks.
There is another thread on this forum where they discuss about how to calculate hours for professions like yours. I don't have the link to that. Please try searching with the keyword as ship/oil rigs, I remember seeing those words on that thread.

alinasrinazif

Jul 23, 2015
Hi
Has anyone knows any email address from CIC? I have some important questions regarding ITA and PR to ask but I could not find any contact info in cic website.

Thanks a lot in advance

velayudhambio

Aug 6, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
There is another thread on this forum where they discuss about how to calculate hours for professions like yours. I don't have the link to that. Please try searching with the keyword as ship/oil rigs, I remember seeing those words on that thread.

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply. So, how does it work in this case? Do I need to apply for a PNP and gain 600 more points so that I can get an ITA and then get my visa and land in Canada and look out for a job? Will that be the only option for me?

Thanks
Vela

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Hey guys i need help...i just got my supervisor LMIA 2 days ago ....but i found out i need at least one year skill experience to apply for EE..unfortunately i dot have any...any suggestion how will i apply for EE? Thanks in advance..pls help ..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dh5689 said:
Hey guys i need help...i just got my supervisor LMIA 2 days ago ....but i found out i need at least one year skill experience to apply for EE..unfortunately i dot have any...any suggestion how will i apply for EE? Thanks in advance..pls help ..
I'm sorry but the one year work experience is a mandatory eligibility criteria. You will not be eligible for EE if you don't have one year full time or equivalent part time experience.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
velayudhambio said:
Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply. So, how does it work in this case? Do I need to apply for a PNP and gain 600 more points so that I can get an ITA and then get my visa and land in Canada and look out for a job? Will that be the only option for me?

Thanks
Vela
Even if you get a PNP, you must first be eligible for EE. Please check with CIC or other members on this forum and understand how to calculate your work experience. If it is equal to one year, continuous full time or equivalent part time experience, you'll be eligible to apply.

Good luck.

rahulbakshi

Apr 8, 2015
Hello friends,

I have a question regarding PCC - Police Clearance Certificate.

• I am an Indian Citizen. I have lived in India for more than 25 years.
  • I went to Singapore and stayed there for 4 months only.
  • Iam currently living in Dubai (UAE). I have moved here recently. Just 15 days here. I have a work permit and will be staying here in Dubai till I get PR of Canada.

Now my questions are:

• Do I need to get PCC from Singapore. (It is written that PCC is required if a person lives in a country for more than 6 months.)
  • Do I need PCC from Dubai (UAE). I have recently moved here. But I will be a permanent resident here.
  • How do I get PCC from India? Do I get it from Consulate in Dubai or from Delhi Online portal??

Seniors please suggest.

Regards

aosman

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
Hello,

I am trying to calculate my points and there seems to be a lot of confusion, on some website tools my score is 482 and some sites show about 360 and some 419. I am totally lost. I have appeared for my IELTS exam and scored L 6.5, R 7.5, W 7.0, S 7.0.

I am 34 yrs of age and currently working in the same occupation for the last 5 yrs and prior to that different occupations. I have a Bachelors degree and it is under assessment at the WES. My wife will be appearing for her IELTS exam in few days and as soon her results are out our assessment results from the WES will be ready with us.

I am not sure if we might score above 400 as I cannot trust these scores. So, I would like to know the following:

1. When and how can we find out my exact score and does the CIC website shows our score when we apply online ?
2. How do we know that we are eligible in the pool because most of the candidates who are entering the pool do not even qualify (this is as per the CIC news).
3. I have lived in the U.K for 3 yrs, can I work on my PCC and get it done now itself, even if I will be applying for EE next month ?
4. We just found that we will be expecting a baby soon, so is it feasible to apply now or should we wait until the next yr?
5. Finally is there an active group on whatsapp where we can discuss these kind of issues and help each other.

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aosman said:
Hello,

I am trying to calculate my points and there seems to be a lot of confusion, on some website tools my score is 482 and some sites show about 360 and some 419. I am totally lost. I have appeared for my IELTS exam and scored L 6.5, R 7.5, W 7.0, S 7.0.

I am 34 yrs of age and currently working in the same occupation for the last 5 yrs and prior to that different occupations. I have a Bachelors degree and it is under assessment at the WES. My wife will be appearing for her IELTS exam in few days and as soon her results are out our assessment results from the WES will be ready with us.

I am not sure if we might score above 400 as I cannot trust these scores. So, I would like to know the following:

1. When and how can we find out my exact score and does the CIC website shows our score when we apply online ?

Official CRS calculator ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

2. How do we know that we are eligible in the pool because most of the candidates who are entering the pool do not even qualify (this is as per the CIC news).

Calculate EE eligibility ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Calculate FSW eligibility, you need to score at least 67/100 ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

3. I have lived in the U.K for 3 yrs, can I work on my PCC and get it done now itself, even if I will be applying for EE next month ?

Yes. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.asp

4. We just found that we will be expecting a baby soon, so is it feasible to apply now or should we wait until the next yr?

Congratulations! You can apply now and update your application after the birth. You would need to consult your gynecologist about the mandatory Medical exams required after you get an ITA.

5. Finally is there an active group on whatsapp where we can discuss these kind of issues and help each other.

Check the forum threads. There are a number of Whatsapp groups being promoted there.

Regards

Aug 16, 2015
hello guys

I am new here. I have applied for MPNP under general stream in june 2014 with 62 points and still waiting for approval. I want to know that can I apply my file under Express Entry also? My IELTS score is L 7.5, R 6.5, S 6.0, W 6.0(overall 6.5) and 3.5 years experience.

Thanks

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Hi Raj

You have been very helpful earlier. I have a quick question.
Since I have 3 years of regular work experience and subsequently I quit job, started working as a freelancer.
How should I write about my entire work experience on the form?

Please help!!

Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Himalaya1 said:
Hi Raj

You have been very helpful earlier. I have a quick question.
Since I have 3 years of regular work experience and subsequently I quit job, started working as a freelancer.
How should I write about my entire work experience on the form?

Please help!!

Regards
I think you must choose the proper NOC for your old occupation and show them 3 years of experience. For the current job, I am not very sure; I think you can go with self employed. Other members, could you please help?

Himalaya1

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Thank you so much raj.. :) :)

I am an Economist. My NOC 4162. I have been working in same profession from beginning (in job and as freelancer). How should I explain this?

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Himalaya1 said:
Thank you so much raj.. :) :)

I am an Economist. My NOC 4162. I have been working in same profession from beginning (in job and as freelancer). How should I explain this?

Regards
Work experience reference letters to be taken from all concerned employers and should have all details as given below. You can also find the requirements to prove self-employment below.

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

if the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips, Notices of Assessment (NOA) and Option C printouts issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe, e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years).

if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income, and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).