+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Thank you so much Asivad Anac.

Pretty much clear that either have to go through LMIA or PNP. Would you know the processing time of LMIA if employer agrees to do that for an employee?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

kaydolz

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
05-12-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and recently completed my EE profile last week. my overall score is 411 points.

how do I get a province to nominate me?

also, can certifications (example - chartered accounting) be added to my cic profile?

Aug 2, 2015
Hello Guys,

First, I would like to thank each one of you for making this forum a better place where we can solve each other issues/queries.

I would appreciate if you guys can help me as well to fill my doubts.

I am Saurabh Gairola, age 29 from New Delhi (India), currently working in a MNC shared service center in Finance & Accounting function. My total experience is about to touch 5 years now. About my education, I have completed my B.Com(Hons) from University of Delhi in 2006 & MBA from Maharshi Dayanand University in 2010. I am also pursuing CMA(Cost & Management Accountant) Final from India which was previously known as CWA (Cost & Works Accountants). I guess I will come under Accountant occupation

Questions:

1. Should I wait for 1-2year to start the process as my CMA will get complete or shall I login my file instantly on the basis of my current education & experience.

2. If I start my process now, who would be the ECA authority to assess my qualifications. will it be WES ?

3. I know that General exam of IELTS is mandatory but from which institution, British council or IDP ?

4. If all goes well, after creating my profile under express entry system, how can I also apply for provincial/states jobs ?

5. How comphrensive points system works ? Currently I have seen a score of 451 out of 600 which was closed in July'15.

6. If I mentioned in every application that I am married, Does anyone ask that why you are not including her in your application ?

Please correct If am wrong, first Step would be ECA, then IELTS, Express Entry profile, register myself in Job bank, ITA, VISA FEES. and when does the File number comes ?

I would appreciate if you can help with the above questions, I met 2-3 immigration consultants here in Delhi but I doubt them as one says things differently and vice-versa.

I would be grateful if you can be my pathfinder to way to CANADA.

Thank you in advance

:)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saurabhgairola said:
Hello Guys,

First, I would like to thank each one of you for making this forum a better place where we can solve each other issues/queries.

I would appreciate if you guys can help me as well to fill my doubts.

I am Saurabh Gairola, age 29 from New Delhi (India), currently working in a MNC shared service center in Finance & Accounting function. My total experience is about to touch 5 years now. About my education, I have completed my B.Com(Hons) from University of Delhi in 2006 & MBA from Maharshi Dayanand University in 2010. I am also pursuing CMA(Cost & Management Accountant) Final from India which was previously known as CWA (Cost & Works Accountants). I guess I will come under Accountant occupation

Questions:

1. Should I wait for 1-2year to start the process as my CMA will get complete or shall I login my file instantly on the basis of my current education & experience.

If your MBA is evaluated as equivalent to Canadian Masters, you will already get the highest possible points for educational qualification for non-PhD applicants. Having a CMA will make no difference to your points.

2. If I start my process now, who would be the ECA authority to assess my qualifications. will it be WES ?

WES will be the quickest. Check for a free provisional assessment here ---> https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp?

3. I know that General exam of IELTS is mandatory but from which institution, British council or IDP ?

Doesn't matter. Choose British Council because they are more reliable.

4. If all goes well, after creating my profile under express entry system, how can I also apply for provincial/states jobs ?

Using the job bank. But it is extremely difficult to land a job while not being in Canada.

5. How comphrensive points system works ? Currently I have seen a score of 451 out of 600 which was closed in July'15.

You get points for age, education, work experience, language scores etc. Read more here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

6. If I mentioned in every application that I am married, Does anyone ask that why you are not including her in your application ?

You have to truthfully declare your marital status but you can choose to have your spouse as 'Not accompanying' in your PR application. If your application is then successful, only you can land in Canada as a PR. If you then want your spouse to come and live with you in Canada permanently, you will have to file a fresh application under Family Class sponsorship and that process can take 12-24 months.

Please correct If am wrong, first Step would be ECA, then IELTS, Express Entry profile, register myself in Job bank, ITA, VISA FEES. and when does the File number comes ?

ECA and IELTS can be in parallel. For the rest, follow YamPower's detailed post here ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

I would appreciate if you can help with the above questions, I met 2-3 immigration consultants here in Delhi but I doubt them as one says things differently and vice-versa.

I would be grateful if you can be my pathfinder to way to CANADA.

Thank you in advance

:)

hifzur

Oct 27, 2014
Dear Asivad Anac,

I have to get consolidated mark sheet for WES verification or my single mark sheet for each year is enough.

Please advise.

Regards

Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for replying...

One more question regarding the ECA assessment, all relevant education documents should be send by me or by my university ?

squall3510

Jul 27, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saurabhgairola said:
Thanks for replying...

One more question regarding the ECA assessment, all relevant education documents should be send by me or by my university ?
It should be sent by your school.

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
1. Has anyone (Primary Applicant + Spouse) who has got ITA been asked to submit the employment records (foreign work experience & without any Canadian experience) of their spouse by CIC?

Yes. It doesn't gain you any points but if you still include it in your profile, you will be prompted to upload relevant documents. It help neither you nor CIC so there is a lot of merit in not including irrelevant information in your application.
Thank you Asivad...

But if I say NO, that will be a false information at the time of background verification since my spouse is having more than 5 years of experience. So right now she has collected all the documents(Ref Letter, Pay stubs etc) from her employer. So would there be any problem if I proceed with uploading these docs since as you said this is irrelevant for CIC.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asvid and others
My document checklist has gone crazy after they updated their website on August 1. It's asking for employment document three times
Any one facing that issue. Do I contact them or just upload it 3 times I wish I could show u the screen shot Any way to upload picture here
Any suggestions??

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.
I probably understood the issue. I have 3 rows of work history
Worked .....unemployed(USA visit 6 months ) ......worked....... Unemployed ( USA visit 6 months) ...working till date
All these times I worked under same NOC and Same employer. So I was thinking to get a single letter of employment with all dates. But my document checklist has employment document written three times. It was written only once before first August. This means I have to upload those three employment documents saperately for each period of work.

Is it same for people having more than one rows in employment history. I m I right in doing so?.
Plz suggest
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj1jr said:
Thank you Asivad...

But if I say NO, that will be a false information at the time of background verification since my spouse is having more than 5 years of experience. So right now she has collected all the documents(Ref Letter, Pay stubs etc) from her employer. So would there be any problem if I proceed with uploading these docs since as you said this is irrelevant for CIC.
It won't be false information. More like NO information. If you've the relevant documents, no problems with uploading them. It's just extra work for no returns at all.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hifzur said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

I have to get consolidated mark sheet for WES verification or my single mark sheet for each year is enough.

Please advise.

Regards
Consolidated mark sheets would suffice.