+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

squall3510

Jul 27, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got 891 points in CRS Calculator. That includes with job offer and LMIA. I think I still need Proof of Funds. :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
squall3510 said:
I got 891 points in CRS Calculator. That includes with job offer and LMIA. I think I still need Proof of Funds. :(
If you have an LMIA supported job offer, you don't need POF.

mackester

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This may sound silly, but does anyone have a video link on the step to make EE profile. I would highly appreciate it if someone can assist. Thanks in advance.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Do we need Medicals done and submit it within 60 days when we get ITA? Or they will ask for it later? I am planning to apply for my PCC and Medicals by the end of August; so that I can submit it when I get ITA. Do you think is it a good idea? PCC should not be more than 6 months old right? Not sure about Medicals.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
Hi all,

Do we need Medicals done and submit it within 60 days when we get ITA? Or they will ask for it later? I am planning to apply for my PCC and Medicals by the end of August; so that I can submit it when I get ITA. Do you think is it a good idea? PCC should not be more than 6 months old right? Not sure about Medicals.
Recommend that you do your Medicals as close as possible to post ITA submission. That ways, they won't fall through the cracks at CIC and since Medicals expire in a year's time you will have a sufficiently large window to land in Canada post your PR decision without having to repeat Medicals.

PCC for your current country of residence is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

PCC(s) for all countries you have lived in for more than 6 months in a row since turning 18 are required to be procured and uploaded. Those are valid if you've never lived in those countries for more than 6 months in a row since obtaining the PCC(s).

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Recommend that you do your Medicals as close as possible to post ITA submission. That ways, they won't fall through the cracks at CIC and since Medicals expire in a year's time you will have a sufficiently large window to land in Canada post your PR decision without having to repeat Medicals.

PCC for your current country of residence is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

PCC(s) for all countries you have lived in for more than 6 months in a row since turning 18 are required to be procured and uploaded. Those are valid if you've never lived in those countries for more than 6 months in a row since obtaining the PCC(s).

Hope that clarifies. All the best!
Thank you Asivad.. that means I can use my PCC from India that we got in last December for PR under CEC ? I have not visited India after that. I am in Canada now. So what if I visit India after I submitted all my documents.and when its in process?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
Thank you Asivad.. that means I can use my PCC from India that we got in last December for PR under CEC ? I have not visited India after that. I am in Canada now. So what if I visit India after I submitted all my documents.and when its in process?
That will suffice. Traveling after your application is submitted won't be a problem.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
That will suffice. Traveling after your application is submitted won't be a problem.
Thanks again Asivad,

One more question, sorry
PCC from Canada also needed right? Found they are asking for RCMP after ITA. I already have it but got it at the same time - Dec 2014

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

1. Has anyone (Primary Applicant + Spouse) who has got ITA been asked to submit the employment records (foreign work experience & without any Canadian experience) of their spouse by CIC?

2. Another thing.. I recently checked my application that was submitted initially; it shows that "Personal Details" for both primary & spouse as "Not Started" & the rest all details as "Transmitted". Why such a status for "Personal Details"? However, in the current application for ITA, it is showing as "Completed" for all sections.

3. Got a UMI No. from the hospital after the medical.. Do I need to enter the no. anywhere in the application other than uploading the doc from the hospital?

4. I completed MBA in Sept 2009, but I took my degree certificate after a year. So how do I answer the question "When did you become eligible to perform the work........ something like that"?

Hoping for a reply...

Thanks
RJ

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj1jr said:
Hi All,

1. Has anyone (Primary Applicant + Spouse) who has got ITA been asked to submit the employment records (foreign work experience & without any Canadian experience) of their spouse by CIC?

Yes. It doesn't gain you any points but if you still include it in your profile, you will be prompted to upload relevant documents. It help neither you nor CIC so there is a lot of merit in not including irrelevant information in your application.

2. Another thing.. I recently checked my application that was submitted initially; it shows that "Personal Details" for both primary & spouse as "Not Started" & the rest all details as "Transmitted". Why such a status for "Personal Details"? However, in the current application for ITA, it is showing as "Completed" for all sections.

Ignore the pre-ITA application for now - it has outlived its purpose. Focus on the post ITA application. Make sure all the data refelcts accurately in your post ITA application.

3. Got a UMI No. from the hospital after the medical.. Do I need to enter the no. anywhere in the application other than uploading the doc from the hospital?

No. Just uploading the document would suffice.

4. I completed MBA in Sept 2009, but I took my degree certificate after a year. So how do I answer the question "When did you become eligible to perform the work........ something like that"?

Sep 2009 would be fine.

Hoping for a reply...

Thanks
RJ

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I did my Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (4 year program), graduated last year. I'm working for almost 9 months and job is related to my field. I did talk to few consultants for my immigration as I will be eligible to apply for EE after 1 year of experience. Most of them said that I don't need LMIA as international students with post grad work permit and job are exempt from it. My question is how I will be able to get ITA with such a low score as I see the lowest point is approx 453 till now. Did anyone get ITA yet who is an international student with similar score and exempt from LMIA? When I ask consultants, they don't give proper answer to me. I believe my score is around 380 something. Will appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipeg141 said:
Hi Everyone,

I did my Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (4 year program), graduated last year. I'm working for almost 9 months and job is related to my field. I did talk to few consultants for my immigration as I will be eligible to apply for EE after 1 year of experience. Most of them said that I don't need LMIA as international students with post grad work permit and job are exempt from it. My question is how I will be able to get ITA with such a low score as I see the lowest point is approx 453 till now. Did anyone get ITA yet who is an international student with similar score and exempt from LMIA? When I ask consultants, they don't give proper answer to me. I believe my score is around 380 something. Will appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
There is only 1 way to get an ITA - to have a CRS score which is higher than the cutoff of a particular draw. There are various ways of getting to such a score and an LMIA supported job offer is one of those ways. If you have such a job offer, you get 600 additional points and a guaranteed ITA. The same thing happens if you can snag a provincial nomination. Without either of those, you will have to figure out how to maximize your points and then patiently wait for a draw which has a cutoff equal to or lower than your CRS score.

All the best!