+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello,

I have an UK aerospace engineering degree and now I have applied for manufacturing management PGD at Sheridan college under SPP.

What are the chances of rejection if I have got all the necessary documents. My IELTS score is 7.0 overall with no less then 6.0.

What are the chances of my application being rejected if my degree is from UK ?

Are there any experienced people in this category ?

Thanks
Rudraksh.
Hi,

The system is a points based system, so you need to get as many points as possible for you to get an invitation to apply.
You will need to get your degree evaluated, if it equivalent to a Canadian degree then you can claim points for it. UK degrees are normally equivalent to Canadian degrees.
There is also room for you to improve your IELTS. Getting a minimum of L8 S7 R7 W7 significantly increases your score.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
If I have 2.5-year work experience of job A and 0.5-year work experience of job B. Both are in the same NOC. Can I count the total amount of work experience as 3 years?
Yes indeed. Just make sure the total months are 36 or more.

Regards

Reactions: Youthberry

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Under which tab should I put {by correspondence}...?
At the initial stage of creating an EE profile, only the Education History tab is there..
A separate tab for "Personal History" will appear only when applying for eAPR.
So should I put CIMA UK {by correspondence} at the finial creation of EE profile under "Education history" tab?
You enter it in every tab you enter the university name, starting from your EE profile. eg: Oxford {by correspondence}

Hope that makes it clear.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Sir,

I'm looking for migrate to Canada as Federal Skill Worker Category.

My Concern is Score for my experience.

I have 3 Years Audit Experience ( Full time job, I got paid for it ) as Audit Trainee, 4 Years as Executive Finance. But I went to my Audit firm during my university period ( 2007-2012)

Total of 7 Years experience ( this is in NOC list ).

Can I claim total 15 points for Experience or only score for 4 years experience.

Thanks
Esanka
Hi,

The fact that you did this while in uni does not matter, what matter is whether the Audit Trainee duties fall under NOC category 0, A or B.
However, 4 years is good experience, you still get 13 points. All you need is 67.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear experienced forum members,
Greetings !

I'm planning to apply for the Permanent Residency under Express Entry(Federal Skilled Worker) after 4-5 months. Meanwhile, I am resigning from my job and traveling to some the country other than my country of citizenship. I worked for my company for around 4 years and I'll be resign and leave my hometown country.

In the light of above scenario, please guide me about obtaining the letter for PROOF OF FUNDS from the bank; as the account opening date needs to be mentioned ; plus the average six months balance; plus the overall required amount in CAD dollars need to be mentioned by the bank. In my case; I am planning to transfer all my savings with me to the country where I'll be residing permanently. So I'll travel to that country and will apply for the opening the bank account and will get the required certificate from that country.

My question is that; Can I proceed with this ? because , I was worried as the opening date is gonna be fresh ( not the date when I started working ) and also the Bank balance certificate is gonna be from the country where I didn't work and didn't live either. SO please guide me if I can proceed with such background.. However; I'll be only applying for the Balance certificate after opening my account after six months... Please advice !
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/page-385#post-6207393

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello,

I have received ITA and now working on it.

When I created my EE profile, I showed 3 years of experience for points and previous experience was shown in personal history. Now the question I have here is, when I got a checklist generated, it says “please attach documents related to current and past employer’s”

Now, should I show documents related to past 3 years only, OR should I includes documents upto 10 years?

Please advise.
hi,

no, only what you have claimed points for.

regards

rudraksh1993

Jul 28, 2017
Hi,

The system is a points based system, so you need to get as many points as possible for you to get an invitation to apply.
You will need to get your degree evaluated, if it equivalent to a Canadian degree then you can claim points for it. UK degrees are normally equivalent to Canadian degrees.
There is also room for you to improve your IELTS. Getting a minimum of L8 S7 R7 W7 significantly increases your score.

All the best
Hello,
I understand the system and I know my question is irrelevant but I have secured a PGD seat at Sheridan college. I have applied for study permit. I am not sure if they would approve my study permit as I am An Indian citizen with a UK degree and now I am going to Canada for my PGD. Has anyone switched countries ? Like I went to UK and now I am going to Canada.

What are the chances of rejection ?

reye27

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hello,
I understand the system and I know my question is irrelevant but I have secured a PGD seat at Sheridan college. I have applied for study permit. I am not sure if they would approve my study permit as I am An Indian citizen with a UK degree and now I am going to Canada for my PGD. Has anyone switched countries ? Like I went to UK and now I am going to Canada.

What are the chances of rejection ?

Hi,

You can get an idea on the equivalency of your PGD (I assume it's postgraduate diploma) to the Canadian diploma.
Check this website https://www.wes.org/preliminary/idp.asp

If your PGD has equivalency, then you claim points against it.

Hope this helps you.
Cheers

rudraksh1993

Jul 28, 2017
Hi,

You can get an idea on the equivalency of your PGD (I assume it's postgraduate diploma) to the Canadian diploma.
Check this website https://www.wes.org/preliminary/idp.asp

If your PGD has equivalency, then you claim points against it.

Hope this helps you.
Cheers
Hello,

Thank you so much for the information. I did Aerospace Engineering BEng Hons and The University of Sheffield. Now I have offer letter from Sheridan College for manufacturing management, PGD. I have applied for my study permit from India last week. Someone mentioned switching countries causes rejection in visa. So I am stressed that i did my undergraduate in UK and now I am going canada. Will this glitch cause a rejection if I am switching countries?

Thanks again

Karthik054

Aug 10, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have created an EE profile and registered with job bank in April, 2017. The profile status says "You are a candidate. We will send you a message if you are invited to apply."

When I login to my profile, I see only 2 Application messages.
Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank - April 6, 2017 10:35:52 a.m. EDT

Need your inputs, am I going in the right direction?

My CRS points are 340.

Regards,
Karthik

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Guys,

I have created an EE profile and registered with job bank in April, 2017. The profile status says "You are a candidate. We will send you a message if you are invited to apply."

When I login to my profile, I see only 2 Application messages.
Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank - April 6, 2017 10:35:52 a.m. EDT

Need your inputs, am I going in the right direction?

My CRS points are 340.

Regards,
Karthik
yes, you are.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello,

Thank you so much for the information. I did Aerospace Engineering BEng Hons and The University of Sheffield. Now I have offer letter from Sheridan College for manufacturing management, PGD. I have applied for my study permit from India last week. Someone mentioned switching countries causes rejection in visa. So I am stressed that i did my undergraduate in UK and now I am going canada. Will this glitch cause a rejection if I am switching countries?

Thanks again
No it wont. You can study where ever you want to.

Regards