+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Re: Step by step instructions for WES

Asivad Anac said:
Go to Page 1 of this thread and read the post by YamPower.

All the best!

Hey,

I have a question in regards to the actual AOR that can be used to apply for BOWP, how soon after you submitted your application did you receive it?

Thanks.

gimvie

Jul 5, 2015
Hi,
Can any body tell me which documents of my wife will be nedded if i want to apply CEC through express entry (Documents like police certificate, medical report, educational, marriage documents etc) And should i have to send original or photocopies?
My wife is in Pakistan and i am working in British Columbia.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

questionsasked said:
Hey,

I have a question in regards to the actual AOR that can be used to apply for BOWP, how soon after you submitted your application did you receive it?

Thanks.
Most of us haven't received the 2nd (actual) AOR. Some members reported getting it within 4-6 weeks after post ITA submission but that's just a speculation based on stray reports and not a confirmation from every member. CIC has been very erratic with then 2nd AOR for the early batch of EE applicants. Trawl through the AOR thread for more details.

Oluka

Jul 5, 2015
Hi guys,

I have some questions regarding PoF:
1) is it possible to provide as PoF information about stocks of a company with headquarters located in USA?
2) what happens if Canada doesn't accept PoF you provided? You will be rejected / asked again for a new PoF / smth else?
3) is PoF requested only once after ITA or twice as it was before EE for FSWP?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

And is there any official contact who can answer me about stocks as PoF? :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oluka said:
Hi guys,

I have some questions regarding PoF:
1) is it possible to provide as PoF information about stocks of a company with headquarters located in USA?

Stocks or equity cannot be used as POF.

2) what happens if Canada doesn't accept PoF you provided? You will be rejected / asked again for a new PoF / smth else?

So far, this forum hasn't seen a member being rejected on POF grounds but that is no guarantee that one can't be rejected. Also do far, the bulk of PPRs have been granted to people authorized to work or working in Canada and POF isn't that big a challenge in their case.

3) is PoF requested only once after ITA or twice as it was before EE for FSWP?

Only once. As a mandatory submission post ITA. Recommended to keep the POF untouched till one gets PPR

Thanks in advance for your answers!

And is there any official contact who can answer me about stocks as PoF? :)

Until Chris Alexander starts tweeting about CIC regulations or comes knocking on our doors to read us out the rules, we'll have to make do with what CIC states on their site and hopefully that is official enough for all of us. And as you can see below, no mention of equity/stocks as POF.

Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low income cut-off (LICO), as assessed by amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) which list all current bank and investment accounts, as well as outstanding debts such as credit cards and loans. The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months. Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant

Source ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015

Asivad Anac said:
Most of us haven't received the 2nd (actual) AOR. Some members reported getting it within 4-6 weeks after post ITA submission but that's just a speculation based on stray reports and not a confirmation from every member. CIC has been very erratic with then 2nd AOR for the early batch of EE applicants. Trawl through the AOR thread for more details.

Thanks! Also, do CIC officials call all our employers during BG check?

Just wondering..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

questionsasked said:
Thanks! Also, do CIC officials call all our employers during BG check?

Just wondering..
They might check the website/write a mail,call the employer(s)/pay a personal visit only where they have concerns on the authenticity or legitimacy of your documents. Doesn't happen with all applicants, not by far.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi..

I work 40 hours per week in my current job title.. therefore in my current job title, I would have completed 1560 hours within less than 10 months itself.... plus similar hours for my last job (same tasks, less senior title)
so should I calculate work experience by 1560 hours per year instead?

In total I have 3 years and 3 months of 40 hour work weeks, but instead can I put my work experience as 4 years? that is the exact amount I get if I calculate under 1560 hours per year.

I haven't started the EE profile yet, so don't know how this information is entered or calculated... and does it make a difference once it completes 3 years? and what about my 1 year under current title?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
hi..

I work 40 hours per week in my current job title.. therefore in my current job title, I would have completed 1560 hours within less than 10 months itself.... plus similar hours for my last job (same tasks, less senior title)
so should I calculate work experience by 1560 hours per year instead?

No. It is at least 52 weeks AND 1560 hours to get to 1 year of work experience. It can be more than 52 weeks in the case of part-time work but never less than that.

In total I have 3 years and 3 months of 40 hour work weeks, but instead can I put my work experience as 4 years? that is the exact amount I get if I calculate under 1560 hours per year.

No.

I haven't started the EE profile yet, so don't know how this information is entered or calculated... and does it make a difference once it completes 3 years? and what about my 1 year under current title?

Create your profile and you will get to know this. The system asks for work experience on a MM-YYY format. So it calculate month to month. Sometimes, this leads to overstating or understating an applicant's work experience. The onus is on the applicant to take cognizance of these discrepancies and take corrective measures or provide LOEs if needed after ITA. Also, the system dynamically allots you points. For instance, if you create your profile today but you complete 3 years of work experience in mid August, the system will allot you those extra points in August. Of course, the system is just assuming that you continue working till then - the onus is on you to prove this if needed.

3 years of work experience (across multiple NOCs) is the point at which CRS score for work experience maxes out. Any experience beyond that doesn't fetch ypu extra points.

Oluka

Jul 5, 2015
Thanks for you answer, Asivad Anac! So, could you please clarify, what means "investment accounts" in this case? I thought stocks could be considered as an investment... :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oluka said:
Thanks for you answer, Asivad Anac! So, could you please clarify, what means "investment accounts" in this case? I thought stocks could be considered as an investment... :(
Investment account is probably fixed deposits. If stocks could be considered as investment, the same logic would hold for property and jewelry but it doesn't. POF has to be as liquid as possible and cannot be volatile investments like stocks.

Apr 16, 2015
Hello,
In the last few years, he has made a study of self-study. How do the best in business do what they do? Using his findings, he has:

– Overcome a debilitating case of bipolar II (here’s how).
– Landed one of the most powerful literary agents in the world.
– Published not one but two books from major New York publishers, the second scoring a 6-figure advance.
– Found the woman of his dreams and married her.
– Built a well-followed blog on Forbes.com with zero prior blogging experience.

Most recently, Michael has interviewed the likes of fashion magnate Russell Simmons, Facebook cofounder Dustin Moskovitz, Facebook founding president Sean Parker, WordPress lead developer Matt Mullenweg, and Pink Floyd songwriter and lead guitarist David Gilmour. Dozens of iconic figures pepper his list of case subjects.

post your requirement for free. We will get back to you with possible solutions to your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,
Ruchi Varshney..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gimvie said:
Hi,
Can any body tell me which documents of my wife will be nedded if i want to apply CEC through express entry (Documents like police certificate, medical report, educational, marriage documents etc) And should i have to send original or photocopies?
My wife is in Pakistan and i am working in British Columbia.
For your spouse, you would need the following documents. All of these would need to be scanned and uploaded in your MyCIC profile after getting an ITA.

1. Medicals
2. PCC(s)
3. Passport
4. Proof of Canandian work experience (if applicable and claimed)
5. ECA and degree/diploma certificate (if applicable and claimed)
6. Proof of relationship to relative in Canada, status of relative in Canada, and residence status of relative in Canada (if claimed by spouse)
7. Digital photo as per CIC specifications

All the best!

Hashmi Asif

Jul 4, 2015
Pippin said:
NO. Not a good idea at all. You cannot say you are single if you have a spouse and child. That is called misrepresentation and can get you a ban from Canada for several years. You must include them in your application and if granted a visa, you can choose when they arrive after you land, as long as it is within a year or prior to expiry of their passports, which ever is first.
Can you please tell me that I want to apply for my self for immigration. My education is MBA with around 5 yrs working experience also. Can you tell me how much is the IELTS band requirement for me?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hashmi Asif said:
Can you please tell me that I want to apply for my self for immigration. My education is MBA with around 5 yrs working experience also. Can you tell me how much is the IELTS band requirement for me?
Minimum eligibility requirement under FSWP and CEC is Band 6 in each section.