+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
i probably have a stupid question just out of blue, but is it possible to apply for a pr using a paper form including express entry? thnks

rmsb0079

Feb 9, 2017
Hello,

I have the following question with respect uploading the docs. (I have received an ITA)

1. Proof of funds

The immigration portal says "If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
* list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
* list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
* be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).""

Question: - I have accounts and loans in different banks. Should I get a letter from each bank with the above details? Or is it sufficient to show a proof of funds in the current bank account with the required money? Also, the bank does not usually issue a letter. The only provide statements. How is anyone else from India handling this?

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
Dear seniors,

Need your help with a particular concern that's bothering me since long. I submitted my final EE docs on 15th March, with abt 8 days to spare. In the docs upload page, on my desktop it simply showed Employment 1 and employment 2. So I uploaded the reference letters randomly. However, after submission and payments, I tried to check my submitted application on the phone. Here it shows the details of both my jobs, and I can see that I hv switched documents while uploading :'(

1. Would the visa officer take care in checking both the docs before making any false judgements? As in terms of accuracy of experience and NOC code?
2. How much time it normally takes for them to process the ePR application? Do they process and update each section sequentially or process everything at once and update after 5-6 months?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
baldev.asnanie said:
Dear seniors,

Need your help with a particular concern that's bothering me since long. I submitted my final EE docs on 15th March, with abt 8 days to spare. In the docs upload page, on my desktop it simply showed Employment 1 and employment 2. So I uploaded the reference letters randomly. However, after submission and payments, I tried to check my submitted application on the phone. Here it shows the details of both my jobs, and I can see that I hv switched documents while uploading :'(

1. Would the visa officer take care in checking both the docs before making any false judgements? As in terms of accuracy of experience and NOC code?
2. How much time it normally takes for them to process the ePR application? Do they process and update each section sequentially or process everything at once and update after 5-6 months?
I think there is some glitch in the system. Someone else also reported having this issue.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-references-jumbled-t482569.0.html

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
TanakaM said:
They are fully aware that a number of people study part-time or via distance learning. So CIC accept's foreign work experience gained while studying.

For Canadian work experience, CIC specifically mentionS that "a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;"

However, there is no such requirement mentioned for foreign work experience.

Thanks for you response. :)

another question, I hope you won't mind to answer this as well :)

I will be applying for respective NOC related to Risk Management (still confused between 0111 & 4162). Because I don’t have much Marketing & Sales experience but on the other hand I have handful of Risk Management experience which can make my profile reasonable.

I want to clarify that I am not aiming for Risk Management related jobs anymore. So Job Bank option won’t work in my case even if they offer me one. As of now, I have switched industry so I will be searching Marketing/ Sales related jobs.

What do you suggest... is it a good option to apply even if I don’t want to pursue a career in Risk? Due to lack of experience in other field I am left with this only.

Thanks in advance :)

Fahad

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Doesn't matter if you don't want to pursue career in that occupation. Just file your application with NOC that matches your most number of working years in recent past and make sure you can produce reference letters with the details of your experience that match closely with the respective NOC JD. Just go with whatever your strongest points are in your EE profile. You can take a different profession once in Canada. Of course the advise is not to decieve CIC but you can always make up your mind what to do once you've landed. I haven't heard from anyone that their NOC are matched with their Canadian experience when they apply for Canadian passport 4-5 years later on.

And btw you are not bound to accept a job offer from Job Bank. Nobody gets a job offer just by registreing with the job bank anyways. Most if he jobs posted there are actually losted elsewhere on other job portals and you need to actively apply before you can score an interview appointment. It is a failed tool and has been reduced to merely collecting few stats. Even CIC seems to be acknowledging this.

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
madhouseontheshore said:
Doesnt matter if you don't want to pursue career in that occupation. Just file your application with NOC that matches your most number of working years in recent past and make sure you can produce reference letters with the details of your experience that match closely the respective NOC JD. Just go with whatever your strongest points are in your EE profile. You can take a different profession once in Canada. Of course the advislce is not to decieve CIC but you can always make up your mind what to do once you've landed. I haven't heard from anyone that their NOC are matched with their Canadian experience when they apply for Canadian passport 4-5 years later on.

And btw you are not bound to accept a job offer from Job Bank. Nobody gets a job offer just by registreing with the job bank anyways. Most if he jobs posted there are actually losted elsewhere on other job portals and you need to actively apply before you can score an interview appointment. It is a failed tool and has been reduced to merely collecting few stats. Even CIC seems to be acknowledging this.
Thanks again :)

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
sfahadali said:
Thanks again :)
that's as per my understanding of the CIC mechanism. I hope someone senior will either correct me or confirm it. Before you submit your EE profile, wait till you get a second opinion.

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
by the way +1 is due as soon as your status changes to member and you get the option to rate my comments :p

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
madhouseontheshore said:
that's as per my understanding of the CIC mechanism. I hope someone senior will either correct me or confirm it. Before you submit your EE profile, wait till you get a second opinion.
Guys, Any other thoughts??

rmsb0079

Feb 9, 2017
Reposting this: - Would really appreciate a response for this

What are the documents to be submitted for proof of funds for people in India? Will a bank statement suffice?

Thanks very much in advance.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
rmsb0079 said:
Reposting this: - Would really appreciate a response for this

What are the documents to be submitted for proof of funds for people in India? Will a bank statement suffice?

Thanks very much in advance.
Yes if you have sufficient funds in your bank then a bank statement will be sufficient.

rmsb0079

Feb 9, 2017
Maverick28 said:
Yes if you have sufficient funds in your bank then a bank statement will be sufficient.
Thank you! I do have sufficient funds available. Just to confirm, the below info that comes up in the login is redundant?

The immigration portal says "If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
* list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
* be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).""

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
rmsb0079 said:
Thank you! I do have sufficient funds available. Just to confirm, the below info that comes up in the login is redundant?

"Document requirements

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

In response to your earlier questions,

1) you can submit the statement and explain why you have failed to submit the required letter (including correspondence with the bank if you have it)
2) you only need to submit a letter from the bank where the required funds are held.

All the best