+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
miladi said:
Guys I'm running into a bit of challenge and would greatly appreciate any help. I'm the primary applicant for our EE CEC application but we've also claimed points for my wife's 2 years of Canadian work experience. The problem however is that one my wife's previous employers (she's had three) is not willing to provide us with a reference letter, or employment letter or anything. The only things we have are the T4 slip and the pay stubs, which are obviously not enough for CIC as they don't include responsibilities. The only ray of hope is that one of my wife's previous co-workers may be able to provide us with a letter confirming her position and duties. Can you guys please walk me through the process of getting her letter notarized? And would this even work, or should I withdraw our application and apply again claiming points for 1 year?

Thanks
M.
You can ask your wife to get the reference letter from her colleague on a plain paper. At the bottom signature and official contact details of this colleague. Also include his/her business card. Get this letter notarised. Also attach offer letter or work contract for this job along with pay stubs.

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Hi guys
I have a question here and hope you can help. Am a doctor trained in the US and want to relocate to Canada through express entry however my points are higher when I put it in as single! When I add my husband it goes down significantly from 463 to 449. What would you advise?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Canadianspirit said:
Hi guys
I have a question here and hope you can help. Am a doctor trained in the US and want to relocate to Canada through express entry however my points are higher when I put it in as single! When I add my husband it goes down significantly from 463 to 449. What would you advise?
Get your husband take the IELTS & also get his education evaluated, that would boost some points.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Canadianspirit said:
Hi guys
Ask your husband to take IELTS and do ECA for his education. There are 20 additional points for spouse's education, language skills and work experience in Canada.
From 449 to additional 12 to 20 points is the difference between having an ITA and not having it, so it makes sense that he does his part.
You must mention that you are married in EE profile, there is no other alternative.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Canadianspirit said:
Hi guys
You cannot declare your marital status as single because that would amount to misrepresentation. However, you can mention that you are married but make your husband a non-accompanying dependent. If you do this, you will be awarded points on par with a single applicant. Other options are to get better IELTS scores (at least 8777 LRWS) that would boost your CRS significantly. You can also ask your spouse to take IELTS test and get his ECA done because doing this would award some CRS points.

All the best!

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
confusion about photo requirements:In the generated checklist the digital photo requirement is 35mm x 45mm (Standard passport size).
420pixels x 540pixels. However, I was just checking the general information they have on the documents needed after ITA.
It says 50mm x 70mm.Anyone can clarify?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Monzur said:
confusion about photo requirements:In the generated checklist the digital photo requirement is 35mm x 45mm (Standard passport size).
420pixels x 540pixels. However, I was just checking the general information they have on the documents needed after ITA.
It says 50mm x 70mm.Anyone can clarify?
Please do not go on a posting spree and post the same question on multiple topics. Please wait for someone to answer. This question has already been answered.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
theuniverse said:
Hey Guys,

I sent an email on noc@workingincanada.gc.ca to double check my NOC and it bounced back any idea...why?
The email address is NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca

dholhin1

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-05-2017
Hi there,
I need some suggestions!
When we create express entry profile it asks "Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?" that means we've right to include or not to include spouse in it correct?
I'm legally married and my wife lives in India. She has spouse dependent open work permit but she never came to Canada. Now I'm planning to apply for PR but I don't want to include her as secondary applicant because she never wanna come here. How safe it is to apply without spouse? I asked some immigrant consultants and advised me to be more careful while doing so. Do you think CIC may suspect something else or is it good to go without worrying?
And to be honest I do not wanna misrepresent my application to CIC.

Thanks

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
But if declared him as a non accompanying spouse and got the points would I be able to add him to my PR application later when I get an ITA?

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Canadianspirit said:
But if declared him as a non accompanying spouse and got the points would I be able to add him to my PR application later when I get an ITA?
Don't think you could cheat the system like that.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadianspirit said:
No, your points would be recalculated even after ITA and your application would face rejection.

Also, you could even risk misrepresentation and a ban of 5 years for trying to do something like that.

dandaria91

Feb 2, 2017
Hi all of you! ;)
Is it important which one of educational assessment organizations will I choose? I mean, if it's gonna be IQAS - Alberta one, is that mean that its valid only there ?