+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, could you please advise if it is mandatory to state that it's not your first EE profile while creating the new one?
If you don't mention that, will there be any problems with CIC in the future?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Istari and Raj.

I have seen a video and also read on cic website that "Don't leave any field blank but write N/A".
While filling IMM008(Generic Form), not sure above guidelines applies here or not.
There are interconnected questions and next field greys out automatically for specific answers. For example, under question
14 a) Have you previously been married? If you select "No", you can't write "N/A" under 14 b) Provide details of spouse 14 c) Type of relationship 14 d) dates greys out
should I leave them as it is or take a printout and write "N/A" by hand and scan?

Similarly there are two fields for question 9) Citizenship, so should I write N/A on printed page on second field because I hold only one citizenship which has been mentioned in first field under this question. There are many such cases like national id doesn't have expiry date but it's a date field so can't write anything on my own.

adnan16666

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2016
Nomination.....
09-09-2016 (SINP EE)
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
kamy said:
Thanks Istari and Raj.

I have seen a video and also read on cic website that "Don't leave any field blank but write N/A".
While filling IMM008(Generic Form), not sure above guidelines applies here or not.
There are interconnected questions and next field greys out automatically for specific answers. For example, under question
14 a) Have you previously been married? If you select "No", you can't write "N/A" under 14 b) Provide details of spouse 14 c) Type of relationship 14 d) dates greys out
should I leave them as it is or take a printout and write "N/A" by hand and scan?

Similarly there are two fields for question 9) Citizenship, so should I write N/A on printed page on second field because I hold only one citizenship which has been mentioned in first field under this question. There are many such cases like national id doesn't have expiry date but it's a date field so can't write anything on my own.

leave those field black which are not writable electrically. either write it electrically or leave it blank. no need to write it by ur hand.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adnan16666 said:
leave those field black which are not writable electrically. either write it electrically or leave it blank. no need to write it by ur hand.
Is there any negative seen/shared on the forum leaving blank vs writing by hand "N/A" in IMM0008
Sorry for being too inquisitive, but want to make sure I don't get rejected for these silly reasons.

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
kamy said:
Is there any negative seen/shared on the forum leaving blank vs writing by hand "N/A" in IMM0008
Sorry for being too inquisitive, but want to make sure I don't get rejected for these silly reasons.
It should be ok if you write by hand but I clearly remember that when I filled the form electronically, the fields that were not having n/a , I left them blank if they were not applicable to me. So either ways its ok.

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hi Frnds

Need your help Sad

My friend submitted his oasis application on 17 May 2016 and he got additional documents request on 16 Jun 2016 and he submitted docs and then his profile went into in process status. Today, his application is in eligible.

Reason is totally weird Sad i guess

You did not score a minimum of 60 points on the SINP points assessment grid. You were not
awarded any points for work experience. From SINP assessment, your work experience in the last 10
years is not related to your post‐secondary education in Women Studies and Political Science.
Work Experience Credentials
Your work experience in the past 10 years is not related to your field of education or training.

Anybody else experienced this... please help Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakmam1 said:
Hi Frnds

Need your help Sad

My friend submitted his oasis application on 17 May 2016 and he got additional documents request on 16 Jun 2016 and he submitted docs and then his profile went into in process status. Today, his application is in eligible.

Reason is totally weird Sad i guess

You did not score a minimum of 60 points on the SINP points assessment grid. You were not
awarded any points for work experience. From SINP assessment, your work experience in the last 10
years is not related to your post‐secondary education in Women Studies and Political Science.
Work Experience Credentials
Your work experience in the past 10 years is not related to your field of education or training.

Anybody else experienced this... please help Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
What kind of help do you expect to get exactly ?

The SINP eligibility requirements clearly state that you are only eligible if:
"You have a minimum level of work experience related to your field of education or training"

If your friend doesn't meet this requirement, he isn't eligible for the program. End of story.

Unless the problem is that your friend thinks that his work and education are related, but SINP disagrees ?

satishmattad

Jul 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Read the below post and check it out for yourself -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

Good luck and all the very best!
Thanks sir,

I have one more query.. I'm from India and if get Canadian citizenship, will I be having dual citizenship or Indian citizenship get cancel?

Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
satishmattad said:
Thanks sir,

I have one more query.. I'm from India and if get Canadian citizenship, will I be having dual citizenship or Indian citizenship get cancel?

Regards
You cannot retain your Indian citizenship if you get naturalized in Canada. India doesn't have a dual-citizenship policy. However, there is something called the OCI - Overseas Citizenship of India. You can apply to become an OCI. You should surrender your Indian PP and get a surrender certificate. You should then apply for OCI. Once it is granted, you will be given a OCI booklet. You can travel to India with our foreign passport AND the OCI booklet/card.

You retain almost all the rights of an Indian citizen with certain exceptions :

1) You cannot vote or hold a Indian Passport.
2) You cannot run for political office (like VP, President, PM)
3) You cannot apply to become a Supreme Court Judge (or apply to hold other such positions).
4) You cannot buy/sell agriculture land but you can inherit it (under certain circumstances).
5) You have to get prior permission before visiting certain protected regions such as the Andaman.

You can do the following -

1) Unlimited, lifetime travel to India without visa.
2) You can stay in India as long as you wish to.
3) You can write competitive exams (AIIMS,IIT-JEE)
4) For education and banking purposes, you will be treated in par with NRIs.
5) You can buy/sell real estate in India (Exception: agriculture lands)

Check the below links for more info -

http://boi.gov.in/content/overseas-citizen-india-oci-cardholder

http://passport.gov.in/oci/

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm reposting this from other thread to get suggestion

Anyone from India used Provident Fund as Proof of Funds?
I had used downloaded Passbook from UAN for SINP application, however, I'm concerned CIC may be asking for signed letter similar to Bank. How did you submit PF as proof of fund successfully at CIC stage? I have been nominated by SINP on this POF documentation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
I'm reposting this from other thread to get suggestion

Anyone from India used Provident Fund as Proof of Funds?
I had used downloaded Passbook from UAN for SINP application, however, I'm concerned CIC may be asking for signed letter similar to Bank. How did you submit PF as proof of fund successfully at CIC stage? I have been nominated by SINP on this POF documentation.
I asked several 2014 applicants from India and they said they had used EPF as POF. I also sent a mail to NDVO and they also confirmed the same.

Check this --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-officeindia-t412642.0.html;msg5155921#msg5155921

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
Guys, could you please advise if it is mandatory to state that it's not your first EE profile while creating the new one?
If you don't mention that, will there be any problems with CIC in the future?
Sorry to repeat my question, but maybe someone can advise on this matter?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I asked several 2014 applicants from India and they said they had used EPF as POF. I also sent a mail to NDVO and they also confirmed the same.

Check this --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-officeindia-t412642.0.html;msg5155921#msg5155921
It's really nice post, thanks for sharing.

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
istari said:
What kind of help do you expect to get exactly ?

The SINP eligibility requirements clearly state that you are only eligible if:
"You have a minimum level of work experience related to your field of education or training"

If your friend doesn't meet this requirement, he isn't eligible for the program. End of story.

Unless the problem is that your friend thinks that his work and education are related, but SINP disagrees ?
OK thanks Istari..
Its humble request, can you please help me with the link for that.
He can resubmit profile including one more NOC (4011) having experience of 1 year only in field of education (Women Studies). As he has worked as lecturer(but only for 1 year) in the same field of Women Studies (and these he dint have any documents, he needs to create the affidavits and all )and that too at the start of his career then he moved to IT and working under 2171 from last 8 years.

My query is, His primary NOC for Oasis SINP and EE profile (my CIC) is 2171 as he has been working in this from last 8 years and he will claim points for work experience against this NOC, not against 4011. Is this fine ?

Please suggest if that is fine....

SOPs

Aug 24, 2016
Hi All,

My question is regarding the skills transferability section in the CRS system:
-are the points (that are calculated), standardized as shown on the CIC website?

Meaning if my ECA shows a Masters equivalent degree with a bachelors of 4 years, and i have a CLB 9 on my language, then ill get 50 points i.e the max or i could fall somewhere 30's or 40's as well (which is not shown in the table). Same goes for the Skills Transferability foreign work.

Any suggestion is helpful, thanks :)