+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aaruhani said:
I got my COPR and passport returned today. I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I do the landing process and come back to USA without having USA visa? I am on H1B here and totally legal and my H1B is valid till July 2016 but dont have visa stamped. I heard something called Automatic Visa Re-validation but not sure what it is exactly.

AFAIK, when you adjusted your status in the United States and are now crossing an international border, you need to get your stamping done.

2) If i can come back to USA and then go back to Canada after a few months then can i still take all my goods with me? or will it be a different procedure?

Only the money that you take with you when you are landing for the first time to activate PR is tax free. When you land for the first time, you need to provide them with "Goods to follow" list - A list of goods that you will be taking with you the next time you come.

Please advise.

nikhilkotwani

Jan 15, 2016
Sam is the case for me too.. I have also registered in the job bank , but still it shows as pending in my express entry profile , can someone please help ?

Misha30

Jan 15, 2016
Hello,
My boyfriend is just about to apply for Express Entry. He is currently working in Canada full-time. I am currently a full-time student in Canada and I want to get my PR too (unfortunately my school is not eligible for post-graduation work permit).
We are considering creating a joined Express Entry profile, him as a principle applicant, me as a common-law partner. Is this a good idea? Do they count all our score together in which case it increases our score?
Do I need to have my English test and Education Assessment ready at the time of creating the profile or later if we get invited for PR?
Or he could just apply himself, put in that he has a common-law partner and then sponsor me later when he gets his PR?

Thank you so much. I appreciate any thoughts on this..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Misha30 said:
Hello,
My boyfriend is just about to apply for Express Entry. He is currently working in Canada full-time. I am currently a full-time student in Canada and I want to get my PR too (unfortunately my school is not eligible for post-graduation work permit).
We are considering creating a joined Express Entry profile, him as a principle applicant, me as a common-law partner. Is this a good idea? Do they count all our score together in which case it increases our score?

Yes, you can do this. Your IELTS scores and your ECA (if your latest diploma/degree is NOT in Canada) will add points to his CRS. You can claim points only for completed degrees, not for ongoing ones.

Do I need to have my English test and Education Assessment ready at the time of creating the profile or later if we get invited for PR?

The Principal applicant has to have them both when he creates the EE profile. The PA CANNOT create an EE profile without these. Once the profile is created, he can update it with your ECA/IELTS.

Or he could just apply himself, put in that he has a common-law partner and then sponsor me later when he gets his PR?

This is a long and tedious process (from what I hear). It is better to add you as a part of the EE application - Both of you will get your visa together.

Thank you so much. I appreciate any thoughts on this..
You need to understand how Express Entry works. Use the following links -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/express-entry-in-a-nutshell/

Step by Step guide to get ECA from WES -

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/how-to-educational-credential-assessment-from-wes/

Feel free to post any queries that you might have!

Good luck and all the very best!

Misha30

Jan 15, 2016
Thank you for your answer.
One more question please. Is there a time limit on when would my ECA/IELTS need to be updated on his profile by?
He is applying probably in April and I should have my diploma in June..
Thanks a lot.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Misha30 said:
Thank you for your answer.
One more question please. Is there a time limit on when would my ECA/IELTS need to be updated on his profile by?
He is applying probably in April and I should have my diploma in June..
Thanks a lot.
You can update it when you complete your diploma.

graci

Dec 10, 2015
Hi,

I'm planning to create my EE profile in March 2016 with only 8 months of Canadian working experience.

If I don't receive an invitation to apply between March and August; in September, Can I update my working experience in the same profile or do I need to create a new profile to increase my score?
Thanks!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
graci said:
Hi,

I'm planning to create my EE profile in March 2016 with only 8 months of Canadian working experience.

If I don't receive an invitation to apply between March and August; in September, Can I update my working experience in the same profile or do I need to create a new profile to increase my score?
Thanks!
They system will automatically update.

Guessing that you qualify under FSW if you don't yet have the Canadian experience? Otherwise you won't be able to create the profile anyway.

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
I have 430 points. How long it take to receive PT notification from Ontario PNP human capital stream?

Can anyone please send me document checklist for Ontario PNP?

auss1e

Jan 5, 2016
Hi hi!
I'm hoping for suggestion/advice as to how to up my CRS score portion for Education.
On the CRS scrore estimate on the Canadavisa site, I got 128 for education but on my EE profile I got 80.
I'm curious as to the difference?!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auss1e said:
Hi hi!
I'm hoping for suggestion/advice as to how to up my CRS score portion for Education.
On the CRS scrore estimate on the Canadavisa site, I got 128 for education but on my EE profile I got 80.
I'm curious as to the difference?!
What education do you have an assessment done for? That might help us help you.

auss1e

Jan 5, 2016
ozlis said:
What education do you have an assessment done for? That might help us help you.
I entered college diploma and university degree as entries.

Haven't yet had the accreditations done -isn't that only required after an ITA though?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auss1e said:

Haven't yet had the accreditations done -isn't that only required after an ITA though?
They take some time and you need to be entering exactly what the assessment assigns to your qualifications in your profile, not what you think they will be worth. If you claim a qualification and cant prove it, you would be rejected or need to decline an ITA - not a great situation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
auss1e said:

No. You need your ECA and IELTS when you create your EE profile.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aakash07 said:
I have 430 points. How long it take to receive PT notification from Ontario PNP human capital stream?

Can anyone please send me document checklist for Ontario PNP?
If you haven't received your PT in a couple of weeks, try recreating your profile around Tuesday/Wednesday.