+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
You can choose to do that. The point here is that you will get no points for your foreign credential without the ECA (and in your case, even with the ECA included because you already have the points based on your Canadian Masters credential). So it is strictly unnecessary to include this in your application.
It was my assumption from the beginning that having a Masters degree stands above having two or more degrees and since I have done my Masters being my highest degree in Canada, I am getting the full scores under skill transferability section even without doing ECA for my previous ones.Am I correct?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AAA2133 said:
It was my assumption from the beginning that having a Masters degree stands above having two or more degrees and since I have done my Masters being my highest degree in Canada, I am getting the full scores under skill transferability section even without doing ECA for my previous ones.Am I correct?
Yes. Masters stands above "Two or more degrees". Since you have a Canadian Masters degree, you do NOT require an ECA for it and you will receive 135 points for education (without spouse) or 126 points (with spouse). Since you have declared your bachelors, just tell them you have NOT done an ECA for it and be sure to upload the degree/diploma certificate as a part of the post-ITA documentation.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAA2133 said:
Yes.

linsub

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3113 - Dentists
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
29-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-11-2015
I apologise if this question has been asked before. In the post ITA application form, as answer for the question "Provide all of the addresses where ABC has lived in the past ten years or since ABC's 18th birthday, whichever is most recent. Do not leave any gaps.", should I include addresses of places lived in during a foreign trip for tourism purpose? (total 12 days trip with a every night spent in a different town/city). Or does it only mean your residential addresses for longer periods of time?

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
PJ1220 said:
Hi neoraz. I'll answer your queries based on my experience.

1. Name of Institution is your school/university.
2. In our case here in the Philippines: (a) I've send the photocopy of my diploma to WES, and (b) my original transcript of record which I requested from my school together with a printout of my Academic Request form (you can have this once you've paid WES, they will also give you a reference #) was mailed by my school to WES.

All of the above documents were delivered to WES via courier coz this is faster. I also paid for both courier.

Hope these will help you.
Hi PJ1220, from Ph here. I saw this useful post about ECA and about to process my ECA today. I have already requested my transcript from my university but wondering if there is a specific reference that my school needs to put to my transcript coz I just requested it for purpose of : Visa Application only. Your help is greatly appreciated. Salamat po

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
Hello Seniors, newbie here. I am trying to read all posts and I'm already on Page 80. I plan to finish all posts before asking but I think I feel the need to ask this question now:

1. I am the principal applicant and I'm 3 months pregnant. My IELTS and ECA are still in process and plan to create EE profile once I have both.
Question is: Is it advisable to create profile and submit at this stage of pregnancy? What if I receive my ITA and complete the process but give birth here in Manila, can I amend my application to include my baby? Is that just an update or do I need to undergo the same process from the start?

Thank you in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
oshin said:
Hello Seniors, newbie here. I am trying to read all posts and I'm already on Page 80. I plan to finish all posts before asking but I think I feel the need to ask this question now:

1. I am the principal applicant and I'm 3 months pregnant. My IELTS and ECA are still in process and plan to create EE profile once I have both.
Question is: Is it advisable to create profile and submit at this stage of pregnancy? What if I receive my ITA and complete the process but give birth here in Manila, can I amend my application to include my baby? Is that just an update or do I need to undergo the same process from the start?

Thank you in advance.
Yes. I don't see any problem in applying whilst pregnant. You can raise a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) and inform the VO once your baby is born and they will add the baby to the application. You would require the baby's birth certificate/passport and the medicals, of course!

Good luck with your application. :)

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Hi,

I submitted my Express Entry Profile. I got my CRS scores with Job Bank status as pending.

I registered on the Job Bank with my EE reference number & verification code. Further my profile was also Active.

However the EE profile still shows as Job bank status as pending. How do i resolve this ?

Further also wanted to check - for the Job Bank registeration -

1. The education qualification - does it need to match it to the ECA report ?
2. Can I update the job bank profile?
3. Is there a section, where i can upload my CV ?
4. How do i apply for jobs.

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Hi,

I submitted my Express Entry Profile. I got my CRS scores with Job Bank status as pending.

I registered on the Job Bank with my EE reference number & verification code. Further my profile was also Active.

However the EE profile still shows as Job bank status as pending. How do i resolve this ?

Will be updated on its own within 24 hours.

Further also wanted to check - for the Job Bank registeration -

1. The education qualification - does it need to match it to the ECA report ?

Preferably. What you update on JB has no known repercussions on your PR application.

2. Can I update the job bank profile?

Yes.

3. Is there a section, where i can upload my CV ?

That functionality isn't available yet.

4. How do i apply for jobs.

You can search for jobs just like on any other job forum. Click on the individual job link to explore further.

Thanks in advance.

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes. I don't see any problem in applying whilst pregnant. You can raise a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) and inform the VO once your baby is born and they will add the baby to the application. You would require the baby's birth certificate/passport and the medicals, of course!

Good luck with your application. :)
Hi Raj, thank you so much. I think I heard it from someone that I may not be allowed for medical if pregnant but with your reply it seems like I can continue the process as normal candidate :)

Alexle8554

Jul 2, 2015
Hi all seniors,
I am reading all the posts and replies from this thread and today I want to share my case and hope that with your experiences; I can find a solution.
I graduated from Bachelor Science in April 2011, Canada. I got my job offer in June 2011 and started working still then. At that time, i was using my offcampus work permit (Social Insurance Number) and provided that to the payment department. The worst thing was CIC issued my offcampus work permit for extra 1 more year after my study permit expired. I missed the 90 days window for an PGWP. I hired a law firm but they took all the my money but nothing done. I got a rejected letter from CIC stated that I could only stay in Canada corresponding to my offcampus work permit which was August 2012.
To make up my unbearable mistake, I went back to school and finished my postgraduate program last year (the length of it was 1 year). I have explained my previous situation with them and hoped that they would grant my request. Unfortunately, they only gave me 1 year PGWP
With a short duration of my PGWP, I am not able to find a job and earn experience for my EE profile.
Recently, I am creating my EE Profile using my work experience in the past ( from June 2011 to August 2012). My score is displayed and i got a letter saying that im in the pool. I've visited a couple consultants and they told me that I should not use that work experience because it's invalid. I should withdraw my profile because even I am selected, they will reject my proofs ( work experience).
My status will be expired soon and I am so lost. All of my affords are nothing.
Please, any advice. I really appreciate.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
oshin said:
Hi Raj, thank you so much. I think I heard it from someone that I may not be allowed for medical if pregnant but with your reply it seems like I can continue the process as normal candidate :)
Chest X-ray is a part of the medical exam. Since X-rays can be harmful to the baby inside, some people consider getting medicals done at a later point in time.

If you are pregnant and you need to do medical exam, you have 2 options :

1) You can choose to wear a lead apron and go for the chest X-ray - Complete your medical. (The lead apron would significantly minimize the amount of X-ray so that it would not harm the baby) OR

2) You can defer the Chest X-ray part of the medical exam and get it done once you have delivered the baby.

Your choice.

Good luck!

deepalivg

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Guys,
Please confirm which points calculation system is latest. I am getting 2 links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Also we are a family of 3 (2 adults + 1 kid) My husband is going to be PA. Which route would be better to apply under FSW? 2 separate FSW or one combined FSW? which route would gain more points?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
deepalivg said:
Guys,
Please confirm which points calculation system is latest. I am getting 2 links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Also we are a family of 3 (2 adults + 1 kid) My husband is going to be PA. Which route would be better to apply under FSW? 2 separate FSW or one combined FSW? which route would gain more points?
Both! You need to be eligible under both to apply under Express Entry. To be eligible for Express Entry, you need to be first eligible for one of the Economic Immigration Programs - FSW, FST or CEC.

If you are available under one of those, you can then check if you are eligible for EE. If you are eligible, you can apply.

If you want to go through FSW, you need to get at least 67/100.

If you need an overall idea of how EE works, follow this link :

https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/express-entry-in-a-nutshell/

You can also refer to YamPower's post :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

Nidsabhi

May 4, 2015
Hi

My husband is main applicant his Ielts is done and Education assessment is also done. My ielts is also done do I have to do assessment for my education?

And for Mechanical Design engineer (Machine Design) In which (Pnp) state should we apply?

please help.

Thanks in advance....