+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

nkuzibe

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
While the criteria differs between provinces, I don't think you can submit EOIs without all the required documents unless it is explicitly stated on the official PNP website.

Visit this post > Navigate to the PNPs' official websites and check.
How difficult is it to apply for and be granted PR after haven worked for 1 year in Canada? It is easier to secure PR haven worked in Canada for 1 year than seeking for PR via Express entry from outside Canada?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How difficult is it to apply for and be granted PR after haven worked for 1 year in Canada? It is easier to secure PR haven worked in Canada for 1 year than seeking for PR via Express entry from outside Canada?
The process remains the same either way. Having Canadian experience won't make the process "easy". Either way, you'll receive an ITA only if your CRS score >= the cut-off CRS score of the draw.

The small advantages you get if you have Canadian experience (in a suitable NOC) of at least 1 year are as follows :

1. You are awarded higher CRS points for Canadian work experience.
2. You do NOT have to show proof of funds if you are invited to apply under CEC.

Reactions: nkuzibe

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Everyone

I'm looking for advise to apply EE

- My wife who will be the main applicant has a masters degree in law and economics but her work experience is in HR, does the NOC chosen have be in the same field as your education?

No. Field of study and area of work doesn't have to match for work experience gained outside Canada.

She has an HR post graduate diploma but that is less points

- Does IQAS require to send the original document or can we send a copy?

Check their website. Generally, you shouldn't send original degrees unless and otherwise explicitly stated.

- One lawyer I talked to was suggesting applying RNIP ( Rural and Northern immigration pilot ) , has anyone heard of this and is it easier to be accepted?

This appears to be new. I'll let others answer this as I am not sure about this program.

_ My dad is a Canadian citizen for the past 20years, does that make any difference?

You do NOT get CRS points for having a parent in Canada. You only get CRS points for having a sibling that is a PR or a citizen.

Having said that, you might want to go through '
Am I a Canadian' questionnaire, because you mentioned your father is a Canadian citizen.

Thank all for your help

Reactions: charlesrodrigs777

Yett

May 2, 2020
Please, I want to know if one can use evaluated transcript done by Educational Credential Evaluation (ECE)?

walebaba

May 5, 2020
Hello House, Please i need your advice. I wrote IELTS this year and I got 7,7,7 in all modules but I had 5 in reading. I have a master degree and i have already evaluated it with WES and I am married with a kid. I am planning to go alone although i will fill it in the form that I am married but my spouse is unaccompanied. My wife only has an NCE which has no significant effect on the CRS points. Am i eligible to create a profile because someone told me I must have 6 in all modules but I have 5 in writing. Please what is my chance?

Amir123456

May 18, 2020
Though i had sent all my bachelor and master degrees to WES canada but I reckon they have only evaluated bachelor degrees and not mentioned anything about MBA degree ?? Now the status shows order complete. What to do ??

Amir123456

May 18, 2020
I have done my MBA from a reputed university still WES didnt evaluate it . I wonder what could be the reason ? Any one can help me in this ?

kunalkardam

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
I have done my MBA from a reputed university still WES didnt evaluate it . I wonder what could be the reason ? Any one can help me in this ?
You need to find the correct agency to evaluate your MBA as Master's. Even I faced the same issue with WES as they had evaluated my M.sc. as a Bachelor's.
There are different agencies like ICES, CES etc. who would evaluate your MBA as Master's.

Apr 22, 2020
Hello Friends,

I am completing 1 year experience in Canada by end of may and I have submitted my express entry profile, waiting for next Draw. I have few questions with the NOC code/My Designation and Work permit which I have.

1. Shall I choose the NOC code based on our experience outside Canada as well? For Example, I have chosen 2173(Software Engineer & Designer) and my designation/titles changed many times from Software Engineer to Senior Consultant,Manager with the same employer.
2. My Employer(from India) is operating under two entity names in Canada. Initially My work permit was filed with One entity as Manager as title and later they did amendment to the Work permit with the title as Consultant. But my duties are more towards software development. So I prefer to chose 2173. Is it ok to have the titles which are totally not related to 2173 in the work permits.
3. After the work permit amended with the 2nd entity name of the employer, it took some time for me to rollover to the new entity, so I've received new LOA only by April 2020 but the work permit was approved effective from August 1st 2019. From May 2019 to March 2020, I have received my payslips from my previous entity with the title as Manager. Will this cause any issues in my application.

Paras Shah

Oct 22, 2019
Hi All,
I hope everyone is safe.

One of my cousin took a pre-approved LMIA letter. The consultant has created Express Entry Profile and got an invitation recently but still, the Consultant hasn't submitted an application ( uploaded document but the Consultant hasn't submitted an application) yet. Now as we know the CRS score is decreasing. Can he create the second profile (without LMIA) in Express Entry? because he doesn't want the process with LMIA until if he gets an invitation without LMIA letter.

Please suggest.

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Hello Friends,

I am completing 1 year experience in Canada by end of may and I have submitted my express entry profile, waiting for next Draw. I have few questions with the NOC code/My Designation and Work permit which I have.

1. Shall I choose the NOC code based on our experience outside Canada as well? For Example, I have chosen 2173(Software Engineer & Designer) and my designation/titles changed many times from Software Engineer to Senior Consultant,Manager with the same employer.
2. My Employer(from India) is operating under two entity names in Canada. Initially My work permit was filed with One entity as Manager as title and later they did amendment to the Work permit with the title as Consultant. But my duties are more towards software development. So I prefer to chose 2173. Is it ok to have the titles which are totally not related to 2173 in the work permits.
3. After the work permit amended with the 2nd entity name of the employer, it took some time for me to rollover to the new entity, so I've received new LOA only by April 2020 but the work permit was approved effective from August 1st 2019. From May 2019 to March 2020, I have received my payslips from my previous entity with the title as Manager. Will this cause any issues in my application.
1 and 2. Designation doesn't match. If a few lines in duties match to any noc code, feel free to choose it. Don't fret a lot on designation changes, just mention the last one.
3. Just put in a letter of explanation. This will not cause issues except delays. To avoid delays put hyperlinks of your company's website showing that the two offices operate under the same company. The cic agents basically do google search to validate this info.

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Hi All,
I hope everyone is safe.

One of my cousin took a pre-approved LMIA letter. The consultant has created Express Entry Profile and got an invitation recently but still, the Consultant hasn't submitted an application ( uploaded document but the Consultant hasn't submitted an application) yet. Now as we know the CRS score is decreasing. Can he create the second profile (without LMIA) in Express Entry? because he doesn't want the process with LMIA until if he gets an invitation without LMIA letter.

Please suggest.
you can have as many profiles as needed though CIC doesn't recommend. hopefully you don't get an ITA in both the apps. That could be troublesome, as it will come under previous/other applications. reject one of them if that happens. a letter of explanation may help then when you submit.
first get the ITA then call CIC and ask what to do..

nkuzibe

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
The process remains the same either way. Having Canadian experience won't make the process "easy". Either way, you'll receive an ITA only if your CRS score >= the cut-off CRS score of the draw.

The small advantages you get if you have Canadian experience (in a suitable NOC) of at least 1 year are as follows :

1. You are awarded higher CRS points for Canadian work experience.
2. You do NOT have to show proof of funds if you are invited to apply under CEC.
Raj..
Thank a lot.. This very helpful.