+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
You are confusing two different things. The question regarding CA exp within the past 3 years is in regards to your eligibility under the CEC program (for which you're not eligible).

Valid CA exp for CRS points is any work experience within the past 10 years.
Thanks. Another clarification needed. I entered my spouse's education details while filling up the EE profile and marked ECA as "No". Now, with 472 points I will get an ITA next Wednesday(if the draw happens) ie. 25th April. However, my wife's ECA will be released by 30th April.

How do I deal with this situation? Should I update my EE profile with my wife's ECA # after receiving the ITA. Does it even allow it? If not then what's the best possible solution as I don't need to claim CRS points for her education now.

Appreciate any assistance received.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Another clarification needed. I entered my spouse's education details while filling up the EE profile and marked ECA as "No". Now, with 472 points I will get an ITA next Wednesday(if the draw happens) ie. 25th April. However, my wife's ECA will be released by 30th April.

How do I deal with this situation? Should I update my EE profile with my wife's ECA # after receiving the ITA. Does it even allow it? If not then what's the best possible solution as I don't need to claim CRS points for her education now.

Appreciate any assistance received.
You can mention her educational credentials in the personal history section only (which appears Post-ITA) and leave her education section blank

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
You can mention her educational credentials in the personal history section only (which appears Post-ITA) and leave her education section blank
I see. I have read other posts which mention that personal history goes back only 10 years. My wife did her Bachelors between 2005-2008 and Masters in 2010.

basheer011991

Jan 2, 2018
please some one help me in this ... i have 3 years of skilled experiemce and based on this experience I got a 1 year diploma from sydney business college through RPL ( recognition of prior learning). I have sent this diploma to wes and wes has also recognised this as equivalent to canadian 1 year diploma. Now can i use this in my EE profile to claim points. If I can then what start date and completion date should i enter. this diploma is purely provided through RPL and credit expemption from my experience. What also dont know what mode to enter ( full timeor part time). please seniors help me in this

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Please has anyone had similar experience of failure to conclude ECA on the said date? The Wes evaluation, completion date was supposed to be yesterday the 20th of April. But it hasn't been concluded as of now and here now is 21st. What could be the reason for this setback? Between, the usual final review they put up a few days to the completion date never showed up. When they were contacted on social media, they promised that the ECA will be available for download at the end of the day of 20th April 2018 (00:00hrs EST), which never happened. What could be the reason for this please? Your feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Lindsay.cc85

Apr 21, 2018
Hi everyone, I have a question. Is it possible to list the father of my daughter as a dependant? We are not married and we do not stay together as is required by common law but we would like to move to Canada together. I have listed that I have never been married on my express entry profile but what I need clarity on now is the number of dependents. Can I include both my daughter and her father?

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Any Indian Chartered Accountant in the house..? ..I need some help here:-
I am an Indian Chartered Accountant and also Bachelor of Commerce. Will these be considered as " TWO OR MORE POST SECONDARY CREDENTIALS WITH ONE BEING 3+ YEARS" ?
Please advise. Thanks.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
I need some advice regarding my employment documents.

I have about 3-4 years of overseas experience and I have been working in Canada for over a year now. However, I am indecisive about including my overseas experience, as my relationship with the employer didn't end up well. I have all the payslips and employment letter, and the income tax slips as well. I also have the employer's (company) name on my work visa for that country. However, I am worried that if I claim points for my overseas experience, and CIC verifies that with my previous employer, my manager may write something bad about me. Is that a risk I should take?

Also, the employment letter they provided has the company's address and the Director's signature, but it does not have the email, phone or website address. If, however, I do a Google search the directors' name, company details, address, and business registration is visible. It was a small company.

• If I do not include my overseas experience, I get about 436 points.
  • If I include my overseas experience, my points increase to 486.

What do you advise?

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
That's fine.
Thanks. Also, I had a previous Work Permit which expired in 2013. I have mentioned that in my Personal section post EE profile creation. However, the UCI number that I was allocated after I created my EE profile couple of days back is different than the Work Permit one. Any thoughts?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Also, I had a previous Work Permit which expired in 2013. I have mentioned that in my Personal section post EE profile creation. However, the UCI number that I was allocated after I created my EE profile couple of days back is different than the Work Permit one. Any thoughts?
The UCI will be updated to your actual one once you pass the medical exams.

Reactions: chitre.raunak

Dimps

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Good day, I just want to ask if becoming an international student one way of gaining permanent residence? Planning to be an international student in case my crs score is never enough.