+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mandeep.Atwal said:
Dear Members,

Need your advise/suggestions on this: I went to 3-4 immigration consultants here in Chandigarh and Ludhiana, they calculated my points as 435, 440, 454.
But when I submitted my profile it comes out to 417 :(

Here are my profile details:
Education: MBA/B.Ed/B.Sc
Experience: 4.7 years and still in same company
IELTS : R: 8.5 L: 8.5 W: 7 S: 6.5
No relative, no job offer
I am in doubt If I have done something wrong while submitting. Please advise approximate how much my score can be?

Thanks!
Mandeep Kaur
If you've calculated your score on the CIC site, that is your score.

If you had 7 in Speaking section, you will get an ITA in the very next draw because your score will cross 450. If your IELTS attempt was within the last 6 weeks, apply for revaluation immediately. Else, book a slot and target at least 8 in L and 7 in R/W/S.

All the best!

Mandeep.Atwal

Dec 31, 2014
Thanks Dear!

But going for IELTS again will take another 2 months, there in no other way out? I was thinking of learning French that, will that work?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mandeep.Atwal said:
Thanks Dear!

But going for IELTS again will take another 2 months, there in no other way out? I was thinking of learning French that, will that work?
Learning french enough to score decently on TEF would take longer and there are 4 sections there as well. You'll have to score across all areas to get a max of 24 points which will still push your score only till 441 and that might not be good enough for an ITA.

A repeat of IELTS with CLB 9 on all 4 sections will help you score almost 470 which will virtually guarantee you an ITA. Even if it means waiting 2 months, that is still worth it.

Of course, you can learn French but looking at your IELTS scores, this option seems more practical and doable for now. All you need to do is push up the Speaking by half a point and maintain the same tempo in other sections.

Strongly recommend an IELTS repeat. All the best!

jchristina

Jul 23, 2015
Guys...Please help me...

My WES report summary is "Bachelor's degree (four years) and Bachelor of Education"

Can I choose the option "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" in express entry?

Anybody please help

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jchristina said:
Guys...Please help me...

My WES report summary is "Bachelor's degree (four years) and Bachelor of Education"

Can I choose the option "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" in express entry?

Anybody please help
Looks like you can choose the two or more degrees option. Good luck!

Thanks,

Raj

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jchristina said:
Guys...Please help me...

Anybody please help
You've received at least 4 replies across threads and everyone gives you the same answer. Are you looking for any particular answer from the forum other than what's already provided multiple times over?

Yes. You can choose that option.

jchristina

Jul 23, 2015
When I submitted express entry, system is asking the level of education for individual qualification, in that terms I can only give Bachelors degree. But in CRS calculator it is asking the highest level of education.

That's what I am confused, how I can give "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

Sorry for the repeated posts

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jchristina said:
When I submitted express entry, system is asking the level of education for individual qualification, in that terms I can only give Bachelors degree. But in CRS calculator it is asking the highest level of education.

That's what I am confused, how I can give "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

Sorry for the repeated posts
Choose the Bachelors option for the first degree and "Two or more..." option for the next degree and the system will award you the required points.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkjk11 said:
@ Asivad Anac,

Thanks as always. Could you please tell me how it would be calculated if my IELTS score is like below:

L - 8.7
R - 7
W - 6
S - 6

Overall - 7 band

Thanks.
Always provide a context to your question because the quality of answer is directly proportional to the amount of information given by you.

You have a sub-optimal IELTS score. Recommend that you try revaluation (if IELTS score is less than 6 weeks old) or retake the IELTS and try to score at least 8 in L and 7 in R/W/S.

svlinas

Apr 3, 2015
princeiut said:
I have completed Express Entry application. But my point is only369. How is it possible? I have IELTS score of 7 in all bands. I have completed my masters degree. I have job experience of 5 years in university teaching and my age is 32. I am applying with my spouse. She is also masters but her ECA is not done. How can i improve more??? What is the lowest minimum score to get ITA??? Thanks in advance.
Did you create job bank profile?

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Always provide a context to your question because the quality of answer is directly proportional to the amount of information given by you.

You have a sub-optimal IELTS score. Recommend that you try revaluation (if IELTS score is less than 6 weeks old) or retake the IELTS and try to score at least 8 in L and 7 in R/W/S.

Sorry, its my bad.

What I wanted to ask is that IELTS 7 band score would be what CLB score?

Well, I know that

IELTS -> L - 8.5 = CLB 10,
R - 7 = CLB 9,
S & W - 6 = CLB 7.

But I want to know that how it would be calculated when it comes to IELTS to CLB score as my overall IELTS is 7?

Thanks.

ASWW

Jul 16, 2015
Thank you for such a detailed step by step response to this process. I have one question about the ECA. I am looking at the list of approved organizations and I am deciding between WES and ICAS. ICAS says it takes up to 20 weeks for the assessment from the time all the documents are received and WES says it takes 20 days.
Can there really be such a massive time difference between the two?
Which organization do people typically go for?

Thank you!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASWW said:
Thank you for such a detailed step by step response to this process. I have one question about the ECA. I am looking at the list of approved organizations and I am deciding between WES and ICAS. ICAS says it takes up to 20 weeks for the assessment from the time all the documents are received and WES says it takes 20 days.
Can there really be such a massive time difference between the two?
Which organization do people typically go for?

Thank you!!
The time differences are real. WES is a world leader in assessment services and ICAS caters to the Canadian market. Most applicants naturally prefer WES because of the faster turnaround time.

mater

Jul 23, 2015
thank you , anyone can help me in ECA which one is better WES or ICAS ?
my major electrical engineering
i see WES sample report they dont write the major just bachelor .
can anyone upload sample for ICAS please