+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

sathanava

Dec 24, 2017
Hi seniors,

can someone confirm me that everyone whose score is more than the cutoff will receive 'invitation to apply' regardless of number of candidates they need?

For example, if my score is 443 and the cutoff is 442, will I get the an ITA? Because if they need 2500 candidates, but there will be a lot in the pool, more than 2500 people whose score is higher than 442, so whom do they prioritize?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors,

can someone confirm me that everyone whose score is more than the cutoff will receive 'invitation to apply' regardless of number of candidates they need?

For example, if my score is 443 and the cutoff is 442, will I get the an ITA? Because if they need 2500 candidates, but there will be a lot in the pool, more than 2500 people whose score is higher than 442, so whom do they prioritize?
You would get an ITA in such situation.

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hi,
I do not want to tell my current employer about my PR application so I will not be able to get the reference letter for same.My current job is 6 months old.My previous job was for 5 years and I have sufficient proof for it.If for the current job I provide the offer letter and last 6 months pay slip will that be fine.My previous employment is sufficient for getting me maximum points for 3+ years
you can only provide reference letter for the only employment you are claiming points for, if this does not affect you CRS. just put it in personal history, and explain that in LOE if you like..

Rashim

Nov 21, 2017
Can anybody please guide me on below status,

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - not applicable
Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

At which stage is my application...?

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Can anybody please guide me on below status,

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - not applicable
Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

At which stage is my application...?
You are in NA2

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
hello everyone! question to successful applicants. how does CIC count years of experience? do they count excess months? this is my case for your reference.

Company A
January 2, 2012 - June 4, 2014 (2 years and 5 months)

Company B
June 5, 2014 - Present (3 years and 8 months at present)

both work will fall under 1 NOC only and as you can see my work has no gaps in between.

my question is- will my experience be counted as 6 years full time? or just 5 years full time? (entirely omitting the excess months that is cumulative of 1 year).

TIA!
Hi,

This is 6 years and 1 month. They count all months, so its 6 years.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello People

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

I have 10 years of telecom testing experience in following OSS, NMS, EMS & Optical fiber technologies. Also having equivalent experience in customer support in the mentioned domain.

Please can anyone guide me on the appropriate NOC code or codes to apply in EE submission.

Thanks & Regards
Niladri
India
Hi,

Only you can select the best NOC as it is all about the duties and responsibilities you have held. So you can start by typing telecommunications in the NOC search bar and take it from there.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi, I have a question regarding the financial part.

Is it okay to submit a bank certificate with my name and my mom's name?

I mean the money is from my mom (I'm in my 20s and not much of work experience but currently in Canada working under PGWP) and I'm planning to submit a bank certificate with my name together with my mom's name in that bank letter.

It shows my funds in that account but my mom's name is also mentioned.

Should I make a separate bank account with a bank certificate with my name only?

Thanks and hoping for help.
Hi,

This is not acceptable. The funds must be in your own account. The only acceptable joint account is one with a spouse not a parent or anyone else.
I would suggest you move the funds into your own account and accept them as a gift deed from your mother.

regards

Reactions: attim

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi All,

Quick question regarding unaccompanied spouse.
My partner and I am not living in the same country now due to career needs. In fact we got married last summer and ever since we've been living in two different countries.
Due to career development, my partner does not plan to move to Canada with me. I also filed him as an unaccompanied spouse.

Would this jeopardize my likelihood of getting PR? Should I file an additional explanation for this even though I've got my AOR already.
To me, we are married but live in different countries is normal, but not sure if everyone is thinking that way.

Just wanted to get your thoughts.
Thanks
Hi,

This is fine as long as you have submitted all the required documents for the unaccompanying spouse (pcc, medicals and proof of funds that include him). No need for any explanation.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Yes i have received report for Bachelors degree and now i want to add my master. Please advise. am worried.
Hi,

Why are you worried? You just need to request an update and pay for the additional assessment or you can even get it assessed on its own. It is allowed to have multiple WES reports.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
I do not want to tell my current employer about my PR application so I will not be able to get the reference letter for same.My current job is 6 months old.My previous job was for 5 years and I have sufficient proof for it.If for the current job I provide the offer letter and last 6 months pay slip will that be fine.My previous employment is sufficient for getting me maximum points for 3+ years
It would be safer if you get an affidavit signed from your immediate supervisor attested by a notary
Hi,

There is no need to include your current employment since you already have enough previous experience.

Just leave it out and only mention it in your personal history section of the PR application (post - ITA).

This is perfectly fine.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear All

I am applying for Express entry under NOC 4032 which is a regulated occupation. since i have 3 years Foreign Experience as a Teacher. I completed my Bachelor of Education from home country in 2016 but my work experience as a Teacher is from 2014.
In the Express entry profile there is a question When did you first become qualified to practice in this occupation, which i am totally confused about. My Education Degree was completed after my First job as a Teacher in Pakistan. i do have a Bachelor of Business Administration which was completed in 2009.

I am really confused on what to do. since i want to claim points for my teaching job from 2014.

Please help asap

Thanks
Hi,

Put the date you started working or even the date you finished your 1st degree. There is no request for you to meet the employment requirements of the NOC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Another query is regarding work experience history. I have an overall experience of close to 8 years. I can arrange reference letters for 7.5 years, but i worked in a start up for around 6 months from where it might be a pain to get the ref letter etc...can i skip this 6 months experience to reduce my hassles and efforts in case it shall have no effect. Because, as per my knowledge, 6 yrs plus of work experience fetches you the same score. But I also wanted to be assured of any legal/procedures issues which I may not foresee in this easy option of skipping this 6 months experience. To justify it, will show it as a gap and show myself staying at my native place showing under my address history and job history in EE profile info.. Whether it is ok..
Hi,

Its perfectly fine to leave it out of you EE profile. Only put what you want to claim points for and what you can get references for.

You can put the 6 months experience in the personal history section of you PR application (post- ITA) where no evidence is required.

This is perfectly acceptable.

regards