+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry status (longer than 6months)

PrayforPR0211

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Dear all,
I’m CEC inland applicant, AOR date April 18,2019. I was requested to submit schedule A on July 30. No updates since then. Last week I called CIC agent, she told me eligibility & criminality all passed, now is under security check. My question is does security check she mentioned the same as security screening, which might consume more than 1 year?
I have no idea why I’m stuck on security for that long, because agent told me my eligibility passed before I got ADR request.

I’m so worried now ...no idea what can I do from my side now.

ash2212

Nov 5, 2019
My AOR is 26 April 2019 and still waiting for an update :( It's been more than 6 months. I didn't even get a request for RPRF payment. Can someone tell me what is a ghost update and how to recognise one?

leevu06

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,

How to order GCMS notes and how long does it take to
Hi

I applied my file on January 10,2019.
File still stuck on review eligibility.
Applied gcms on august 11 that shows MI3 officer review required. But file was not touched after march 16.
Again applied for gcms on July 11 but now they did not send my notes even after 50 days this time. I have even replied to Atip email still no response. Generated the CSE but no response.
Online and customer service still say file is under review eligibility.
Only 2 months of work permit left.

Any advice
Thanks

leevu06

Nov 13, 2019
Hi

I applied my file on January 10,2019.
File still stuck on review eligibility.
Applied gcms on august 11 that shows MI3 officer review required. But file was not touched after march 16.
Again applied for gcms on July 11 but now they did not send my notes even after 50 days this time. I have even replied to Atip email still no response. Generated the CSE but no response.
Online and customer service still say file is under review eligibility.
Only 2 months of work permit left.

Any advice
Thanks
Hi
How to order GCMS notes and how long does it take to get a reply?
What is CSE and how does it generate?
Regards

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone
I'm on FSW program.
It has almost been 8 months since I lodged my application (22 april).
biometrics on June 13th.
First ADR (militray form) on Oct 30th.
Second ADR (form a and CV) on Nov 8th.
Haven't heard anything since then exceot for two webforms which informed me that my application is waiting security verification and that criminality is still valid!
I'm single and I did my masters in Australia.
I just have few questions:
0. At which security stage do you guys think my application is? IP2 possibly?
1. How does GCMS notes work? Should someone inside canada order it for me?
2. I've heard about multiple cases being put aside for few months without being touched, how can we know if this is the case and how can we cope with it?
3. Can we contact some sort of lawyer and ask them to contact ministry of immigration? I heard that we can contact Minister of Parliments. Can I do this from outside Canada?

I really appreciate your kind helps. I'm really worried my case is going to get stuck or something for a long time.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone
I'm on FSW program.
It has almost been 8 months since I lodged my application (22 april).
biometrics on June 13th.
First ADR (militray form) on Oct 30th.
Second ADR (form a and CV) on Nov 8th.
Haven't heard anything since then exceot for two webforms which informed me that my application is waiting security verification and that criminality is still valid!
I'm single and I did my masters in Australia.
I just have few questions:
0. At which security stage do you guys think my application is? IP2 possibly?
1. How does GCMS notes work? Should someone inside canada order it for me?
2. I've heard about multiple cases being put aside for few months without being touched, how can we know if this is the case and how can we cope with it?
3. Can we contact some sort of lawyer and ask them to contact ministry of immigration? I heard that we can contact Minister of Parliments. Can I do this from outside Canada?

I really appreciate your kind helps. I'm really worried my case is going to get stuck or something for a long time.
Also, how can I find oit aboit my visa office? I'm from Iran

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
My AOR is 26 April 2019 and still waiting for an update :( It's been more than 6 months. I didn't even get a request for RPRF payment. Can someone tell me what is a ghost update and how to recognise one?
Ghost update is an email notification you receive but when you login to your account you see no changes. Usually ghost updates happen when one stage (eligibility, criminality, security) gets started or finiahes. However, there are many cases for which no ghost update happens throughout their application process. So don't worry if you haven't had any ghost updates. Have you received any additional doc request? Have you tried to contact them via webform?

JAY 29

Nov 25, 2019
Are you guys applying single?

Mine is with my common law so I wonder if that’s the case. Plus also I live in 3 (including Canada) different countries so I had 3 background checks, but my partner only had 2 background checks. Not sure if that’s slowing it down too.
I wish one of us knew someone in immigration, so we could at least know what’s going on.

Also, my common-law spouse got the BC PNP nomination, so do you think that is affecting the timeframe?
Hi, i applied with my common law partner as well, and we have just hit the 6 month timeline. How long did it take to receive a response after your post.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Hi, i applied with my common law partner as well, and we have just hit the 6 month timeline. How long did it take to receive a response after your post.
After which post? Do you mean after I submitted the application?

I submitted in May, and they asked for my new passport in August that year because the one I applied with expired.

the MP called recently and they said it’s still in security clearance ( not sure if it’s criminality or security check or both). So all I can do is wait. Spoke to a law firm and they said they could do the writ of mandamus but I would have to give them 10k in case they have to go to court and they would take the fees from that and give back what is left over if any. That’s a lot of money to pay for something others just get in 6 months or less without lawyers and I’ve been waiting form 2017.

I think my case is just one of the unlucky ones. Don’t compare yours to mine. Hopefully you’ll get yours soon. I heard of cases where the MP calling helps speed up things so see if you can do that too. Good luck.

Ajay63

Jan 30, 2020
Hi all I applied my pr file in skilled trade express entry in October 2018 .when i cal l immigration agent they always say that officer is still working on ur file and i received landing fee request before 8 months from now . After that i requested them for GCmS . In this gcm every thing is perfect my qualification and my all documents but there was note “ employer is not verified “ if officer have any doubt then why he dont ask me any information or document from employer ...... this all is happening in my pr file i m waiting for pr almost 15 months my is in express entry (6 months) but why they sooo long time it? Why he is taking any decision on file .i m stess cz of it plz some me ur advice thanks