+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry rejection due to NOC mismatch.

tyler2000

Mar 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have received rejection due to NOC mismatch.. I think the key message from my refusal letter is below:

"Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: 2017-06 to 2018-10 - XXXXX Administrator (NOC: 1241)

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 1241 [R87.1(2)(c)]."

Note I replaced the job title to "XXXXX Administrator" as I do not think I am suppose to disclose that information...

I tried my best to match my job with an NOC code however I cannot seem to find something that matches perfectly. My employer is a large company and HR is kind of stubborn so they refuse to make any changes to my job description even though I have tried to communicate with them multiple times..

My employment history is a bit complex so forgive me being wordy here.. a little background would be I work for a financial company's head office as an administrator.

I started in June 2017 as a term/contract employee and my tile was "XXXXXX Administrator II" and job description is below (what is on my employment letter):

"• Providing account management and servicing activities for client mortgage accounts
• Interpreting and analyzing documentation for the input and processing of a variety of mortgage client requests
• Processing of documents based on the client request received and completing according to the Investors Group policy and procedures
• Completing the processing associated with the maintenance of mortgage client requests
• Using various software applications to ensure the accurate completion of client requests
• Ensuring documentation is complete and following up when additional documentation is required
• Providing support to internal departments and external clients for all client requests received
• Cross training within other mortgage units in Operations Services may be required"

I became a permanent employee in March 2018 and my title was changed from "XXXX Administrator II" to "XXXXX Administrator III" within the same department and job description became:

"• Handle all service requests with a high standard of quality and professionalism; determine the best course of action to ensure resolution meets established standards.
• Review client documentation to ensure all regulatory requirements are fulfilled by the Consultant. Initiate the appropriate action on missing requirements in order to complete client requests.
• Analyze and understand the root cause of problems to propose and implement solutions in order to resolve escalations.
• Maintain knowledge of business unit policies and procedures, systems, legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure all required reporting is current by tracking daily volumes, contacts, errors and productivity input as required.
• Participate in department objectives; including quality and productivity standards and other duties as assigned within Operations Services.
• Complete review of client requests for quality, ensuring that all requests have been completed with accuracy and regulatory guidelines have been met on a consistent basis while also identifying and sharing potential training gaps with leadership."

timeline for my application would be:
- October 3, 2018: received ITA
- November 8, 2018: submitted all necessary documents
- February 27, 2019: rejection notice

As stated above, I received ITA October 3, 2018 and here is the part it gets more complicated.. I move position within the company on October 1, 2018 and my current position since is "XXXXXX Administrator" - still administrator within the same division but different department and job description becomes:

"• Receive and administer all client and dealer payment and receipt requests in accordance with internal procedures
• Manual Resolution of exceptions as identified through daily review of various reports
• Daily Reconciliation of cash and share positions in general ledger and control accounts. Ensure breaks are cleared in accordance with documented timelines in policies and procedures
• Daily review, analysis and resolution of debit balances
• Responsible for the processing of manual cash instructions received from internal departments
• Administration and Net settlement with CDS, FundServ & NBCN
• Contributes to satisfactory results in all internal & external audits
• Adherence to the risk and control framework, including team and departmental procedures
• Understanding of downstream interna1/external client service chain impacts.
• Provide support to Treasury, Trade Desk and Consultants by responding to inquiries through email or telephone."

I have only worked in my current position for 5 months therefore I will definitely need my current and previous position combined for 1 year to be qualified for EE..

I believe I need to resubmit EE and wait for another ITA however I am at lost of what NOC I should use... this may be a lot to ask but can I get some help with matching my job with an appropriate NOC?

My Post-Grad work permit expires this July so I am a little desperate right now...

Thanks in advance for any assistant I can get and anything is appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I have received rejection due to NOC mismatch.. I think the key message from my refusal letter is below:

"Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: 2017-06 to 2018-10 - XXXXX Administrator (NOC: 1241)

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 1241 [R87.1(2)(c)]."

Note I replaced the job title to "XXXXX Administrator" as I do not think I am suppose to disclose that information...

I tried my best to match my job with an NOC code however I cannot seem to find something that matches perfectly. My employer is a large company and HR is kind of stubborn so they refuse to make any changes to my job description even though I have tried to communicate with them multiple times..

My employment history is a bit complex so forgive me being wordy here.. a little background would be I work for a financial company's head office as an administrator.

I started in June 2017 as a term/contract employee and my tile was "XXXXXX Administrator II" and job description is below (what is on my employment letter):

"• Providing account management and servicing activities for client mortgage accounts
• Interpreting and analyzing documentation for the input and processing of a variety of mortgage client requests
• Processing of documents based on the client request received and completing according to the Investors Group policy and procedures
• Completing the processing associated with the maintenance of mortgage client requests
• Using various software applications to ensure the accurate completion of client requests
• Ensuring documentation is complete and following up when additional documentation is required
• Providing support to internal departments and external clients for all client requests received
• Cross training within other mortgage units in Operations Services may be required"

I became a permanent employee in March 2018 and my title was changed from "XXXX Administrator II" to "XXXXX Administrator III" within the same department and job description became:

"• Handle all service requests with a high standard of quality and professionalism; determine the best course of action to ensure resolution meets established standards.
• Review client documentation to ensure all regulatory requirements are fulfilled by the Consultant. Initiate the appropriate action on missing requirements in order to complete client requests.
• Analyze and understand the root cause of problems to propose and implement solutions in order to resolve escalations.
• Maintain knowledge of business unit policies and procedures, systems, legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure all required reporting is current by tracking daily volumes, contacts, errors and productivity input as required.
• Participate in department objectives; including quality and productivity standards and other duties as assigned within Operations Services.
• Complete review of client requests for quality, ensuring that all requests have been completed with accuracy and regulatory guidelines have been met on a consistent basis while also identifying and sharing potential training gaps with leadership."

timeline for my application would be:
- October 3, 2018: received ITA
- November 8, 2018: submitted all necessary documents
- February 27, 2019: rejection notice

As stated above, I received ITA October 3, 2018 and here is the part it gets more complicated.. I move position within the company on October 1, 2018 and my current position since is "XXXXXX Administrator" - still administrator within the same division but different department and job description becomes:

"• Receive and administer all client and dealer payment and receipt requests in accordance with internal procedures
• Manual Resolution of exceptions as identified through daily review of various reports
• Daily Reconciliation of cash and share positions in general ledger and control accounts. Ensure breaks are cleared in accordance with documented timelines in policies and procedures
• Daily review, analysis and resolution of debit balances
• Responsible for the processing of manual cash instructions received from internal departments
• Administration and Net settlement with CDS, FundServ & NBCN
• Contributes to satisfactory results in all internal & external audits
• Adherence to the risk and control framework, including team and departmental procedures
• Understanding of downstream interna1/external client service chain impacts.
• Provide support to Treasury, Trade Desk and Consultants by responding to inquiries through email or telephone."

I have only worked in my current position for 5 months therefore I will definitely need my current and previous position combined for 1 year to be qualified for EE..

I believe I need to resubmit EE and wait for another ITA however I am at lost of what NOC I should use... this may be a lot to ask but can I get some help with matching my job with an appropriate NOC?

My Post-Grad work permit expires this July so I am a little desperate right now...

Thanks in advance for any assistant I can get and anything is appreciated!
In my opinion your roles clearly fall under NOC 1434.

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
So I that would disqualified me from applying through express entry... any word around?
Do you have any work experience besides the one that you listed, which could possibly fall under noc 0 a or b ?

Since your permit expires in july. It is best you try to secure a noc o a or b job supported by lmia !

tyler2000

Mar 5, 2019
Do you have any work experience besides the one that you listed, which could possibly fall under noc 0 a or b ?

Since your permit expires in july. It is best you try to secure a noc o a or b job supported by lmia !
Thanks but i really doubt that will be likely, however i believe we have found a workaround.. I will post it in another thread to get some opinion from everyone.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Thanks but i really doubt that will be likely, however i believe we have found a workaround.. I will post it in another thread to get some opinion from everyone.
Did you request a re-consideration for NOC Mismatch?

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hello, I am on the same boat, Could you please tell us what will you do ? will you get an updated reference letter from your company?

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Hello, I am on the same boat, Could you please tell us what will you do ? will you get an updated reference letter from your company?
Even it happened same with me . I took some people's opinion, they said to apply again by properly choosing the NOC , and add LOE saying during last application it was by mistake and etc.. I didn't try yet..iam thinking to apply with spouse as primary applicant now , to avoid any issues..

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Even it happened same with me . I took some people's opinion, they said to apply again by properly choosing the NOC , and add LOE saying during last application it was by mistake and etc.. I didn't try yet..iam thinking to apply with spouse as primary applicant now , to avoid any issues..
Have you already withdrawn your application?

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
I haven't done anything k since I have received the refusal letter . However there is no such option on profile to do further I believe as in withdrawal / etc..

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...