+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry re-submission; Suggestions required

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My previous FSW EE application got refused as VO was not satisfied with the evidence I provided against my full time employment
[ my HR doesn't encourage issuance of job letters while being in service and neither the immediate supervisors are given authority to issue such letters, due to which, I submitted payslips, account statements (showing my employer as my salary creditor), but VO didn't approve and refused the application]

However I worked part-time as well in a different profession for 3-4 years, but didn't include that experience in my application as it was of different NOC code. Also being a backup employment, I didn't bother much about experience letter from there, as I wasn't pretty certain about pursuing that field or using the experience letter from that part-time job to apply anywhere else;

But now I am in a mood to encash that experience so as to attain eligibility at FSW EE profile and be issued an invitation again;

I approached that company; fortunately they are still in business and identified me; Also they are agreed to issue me the letter as per mandatory requirements specified by CIC;

Now I need serious suggestions on whether to show my full-time experience again or just show this part-time experience [with solid letter as the evidence];

The negative thought coming in my mind is that, if I do show my full-time experience, I wouldn't be having an official letter to defend it [just the payslips] so might that not become the reason of my applications refusal [though this time the part-time experience would be added too and that also be backed by the experience letter as demanded by CIC;

Now if I only show my part-time experience and attach the genuine letter, but they relate my new application with the previous one and ask about the absence of my full-time employment details ? then? because upon making a new EE profile, I was asked about my previous EE application due to which, I had to provided my UCI Numberand EE Application File Number and through these, they must be able to fetch the details regarding the previously filed application.

Hence I am confused whether to add my full time experience again or skip it and continue with part-time experience only?

Please guide me in the best possible way so that this time I make it thru ..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no harm in leaving out experience from your profile and declaring only the experience for which you're claiming points.

But the crux of the problem, and why you got refused, is because it isn't enough to prove to CIC that you were employed for X months/years in ABC organization. What is most relevant to CIC is your job responsibilities - they should match NOC 0/A/B for them to reward you points for that work experience.

You can certainly choose to highlight both experiences or only part-time (or only full-time) as you wish but you will need job reference letters explicitly stating job responsibilities among other details for all the experience(s) that you're claiming points for in your EE profile. Also remember that part-time work experience will give you lesser points for the same duration,of work, calculate accordingly else you might find yourself ineligible for the program.

All the best!

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
There is no harm in leaving out experience from your profile and declaring only the experience for which you're claiming points.

But the crux of the problem, and why you got refused, is because it isn't enough to prove to CIC that you were employed for X months/years in ABC organization. What is most relevant to CIC is your job responsibilities - they should match NOC 0/A/B for them to reward you points for that work experience.

You can certainly choose to highlight both experiences or only part-time (or only full-time) as you wish but you will need job reference letters explicitly stating job responsibilities among other details for all the experience(s) that you're claiming points for in your EE profile. Also remember that part-time work experience will give you lesser points for the same duration,of work, calculate accordingly else you might find yourself ineligible for the program.

All the best!
Bro in CRS points scale, I am securing almost equal points with my part time experience as I was scoring previously with my full time job.
My part-time job was a bit lengthyactually [myCIC account displaying same points]
;I think should focus on this part-time experience only and go with it as letter issue would arise on full time employment.