+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile with less than 6 score on each band

Bulldog90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could clarify the question below regarding express entry eligibility.

My consultant told me that you are can't get PR via express entry with a score less than 6 on each band even if your score is high in other factors such as education, experience etc without a score of 6 on each band your are pretty much wasting your time and cant get in the pool.

fast forward few days ago I created an express entry profile with ielts score of (S7, W 5.5, L 6, R 4.5) overall score of 6. and it says I met the requirement under Canadian experience class given that i have canadian work experience, education and i was awarded a score of 361 in the pool.

My 1 year continuous work experience used for in the express entry is in NOC B

now my question is if i get an LMIA which gives me 50 to 200 additional points from my current employer would I get an invitation? or will the low score from the english proficiency be a problem down the road like my consultant said?

Last edited:

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could clarify the question below regarding express entry eligibility.

My consultant told me that you are can't get PR via express entry with a score less than 6 on each band even if your score is high in other factors such as education, experience etc without a score of 6 on each band your are pretty much wasting your time and cant get in the pool.

fast forward few days ago I created an express entry profile with ielts score of (S7, W 5.5, L 6, R 4.5) overall score of 6. and it says I met the requirement under Canadian experience class given that i have canadian work experience, education and i was awarded a score of 361 in the pool.

My 1 year continuous work experience used for in the express entry is in NOC B

now my question is if i get an LMIA which gives me 50 to 200 additional points from my current employer would I get an invitation? or will the low score from the english proficiency be a problem down the road like my consultant said?
You will need to increase your CRS Score to somewhere around 450-460 to get an invitation. Your IELTS score will definitely help you in reaching that target. Since you have Canadian work experience and education, may be you can explore some PNP options as well.

Reactions: Bulldog90