+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile submitted, paid fee, says ITA Expired, urgent help

Kunx4sure

Aug 5, 2015
Hi Intensecool,

In my own case, I created another express entry profile and got another ITA. I resubmitted another PR application just to be on the safe side in case the issue with the first application is not resolved. After submission, I received AOR immediately. 3 days later I passed the medicals and things seem to moving well with my new application.
I hope cic resolve the issue with that application so that people that are waiting for them to correct the glitch in their system can at least move forward with their applications. All the best!

Kunx4sure

Aug 5, 2015
Hi guys. I got a credit alert today. CIC has refunded my application fees. It seems like those applications that did not go through as discussed on this thread might have been cancelled, thus everyone might need to re-apply. :'( :'( :'(

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's going to be very bad for me since i need higher IELTS score to get higher CRS and till now i am not able to achieve that, missing 0.5 overtime.

Mine is still there let's see, did you check your CIC to see if it was cancelled ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
intensecool said:
Here is what CIC says -

Note: Your test results must be valid when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.
The profile is valid for 12 months. You should make sure that your language test results are valid for at least the same number of days.
If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results.

This is what they say about EE profile, it was valid when i got my ITA.

I got ITA on 17th July and my IELTS expired on 27th July.

I know i applied on 15th September but at the time of getting the ITA i had my IELTS valid. I tried giving exam on 1st and then on 29th but my writing section did not reach 7 its stuck on 6.5 rest i had 8.5, 8 and 7.5.

I know i have taken my chance, but instead of sitting outside the pool without ITA i decided to take my chances, let’s see what happens next i have given the best shot from my side.
The part in bold means it still needed to be valid when you actually submitted the APR, not just upon receiving the ITA.
But there is definitely a glitch since you were able to submit and pay in spite of this.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No idea what's wrong with CIC today i logged in to see a new message on my profile and it said this.

Your Invitation to Apply for permanent residence has expired
Your invitation was valid until 11/15/2015. You did not submit your application for permanent residence in time.
As a result, you are no longer a candidate in the Express Entry pool and cannot apply for permanent residence in Canada.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can re-submit your Express Entry profile through MyCIC. Make sure to update any details that have changed.
Expiration of your invitation to apply for permanent residence will not affect future choices of being invited, if you decide to register again.

Now i have received this message without any reason and it has a valid date printed on PDF, how come it can be a glitch ?

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not received any refund and this message came on my profile which was expired but under my PERMANENT RESIDENT application entry, now it again says PROFILE expired but says REVIEW in progress for eligibility.

milo510

Nov 20, 2015
Hi Guys

Same issue for me. I submitted application and paid fees on Nov 6 (2 days before ITA expiry) and received the Confirmation of Transmission message. I then received a message on Nov 9, saying my ITA had expired. My status is now:
Application/profile status: Profile Expired
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress

I have raised a CSE as well.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strange enough after almost 3 months gone, TODAY my app was updated and i received AOR :p ON DECEMBER 17th for application submitted on 15th SEPTEMBER 2015.

CIC you are full of errors and surprises.

Though it still has my old IELTS results, i sent a CSE but no action yet. Let's see how it moves forward.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So today i received a reply that -

Please note that we have received your supporting documents and we have attached them to your application.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.
I guess this means they have attached my updated IELTS result to my application for further review.

Any suggestions on what's going on here.