+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile submitted, paid fee, says ITA Expired, urgent help

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you've got the confirmation above, and the time stamp is still within your 60 day period, I think you're good as you can prove you sent it on time.
I'd wait a couple of hours, as it seems just a technical glitch and it may sort it out by itself.

The two lines I was referring is on the first mycic account page, one for the EE profile and the other for the PR application. I will post a screenshot later once I get in the office, ir you don't figure it out sooner.

Good luck

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://i.imgur.com/em0qMv6.jpg?2

Are you talking about something like this ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
intensecool said:

Yes. That 2nd line confirms that your application was submitted and review in progress. It is weird that your ITA was cancelled though. Just send in a CSE and wait for their response.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad i just asked for this confirmation only.

I sent 2 CSE’s today as CIC instructed one to EE and other to technical staff.

spherical

Aug 23, 2015
I received a notice that my ITA expired and I failed to submit in time today 16/09 (deadline for me was yesterday 15/09) even though I submitted on Friday 11/09 so I'm really hoping that this is some bug.

If I go into my permanent residency application though it says:

Application/profile status Profile Expired Help
Review of eligibility Review in Progress

I'm guessing that I should also submit a CSE?

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
intensecool said:

Exactly

First line is your application for PR which has been submitted.
I wouldn't bother with the 2nd, it is just your EE profile, which is not needed.
Did your IELTS just expire ? This could be the reason perhaps

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spherical said:
I received a notice that my ITA expired and I failed to submit in time today 16/09 (deadline for me was yesterday 15/09) even though I submitted on Friday 11/09 so I'm really hoping that this is some bug.

If I go into my permanent residency application though it says:

Application/profile status Profile Expired Help
Review of eligibility Review in Progress

I'm guessing that I should also submit a CSE?
If this is happening to more than one person, it really could be a bug. I guess they needed something new, now that they seem to have solved the medical issues!

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am now sure that my hypothesis is correct.

Either they have starting expiring the profiles once ITA is over and continue to PR applications or something in our profiles have expired which makes profile expire.

For me it’s the IELTS which expired on 27th July so technically my ITA should expire along with the profile expiry, however the letter i got is incorrect and surely a technical glitch.

spherical

Aug 23, 2015
My first thing to expire will be my IELTS but i only took that back in April so got ages left on it, so can't be that.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an email today saying my application has been updated and after some critical moments i noticed there is no change so its a ghost email.

I believe there is something going on which even CIC is not aware of.

spherical

Aug 23, 2015
I just went and checked my email after seeing your message and i also had an email about updated status but absolutely no change on both lines (express entry & permanent residency). Very confusing!

Kunx4sure

Aug 5, 2015
I called CIC yesterday. It was not that helpful. I was only sent an email than contains links to email forms which later turned out to be CSE forms. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next to our applications.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like just we 3 here are facing this issue ?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
intensecool said:
I am now sure that my hypothesis is correct.

Either they have starting expiring the profiles once ITA is over and continue to PR applications or something in our profiles have expired which makes profile expire.

For me it's the IELTS which expired on 27th July so technically my ITA should expire along with the profile expiry, however the letter i got is incorrect and surely a technical glitch.
I agree it's most likely a technical glitch but - are you saying that your IELTS expired in July and you only submitted your application in September? You know it has to be valid when you submit the application, right?

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is what CIC says -

Note: Your test results must be valid when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.
The profile is valid for 12 months. You should make sure that your language test results are valid for at least the same number of days.
If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results.

This is what they say about EE profile, it was valid when i got my ITA.

I got ITA on 17th July and my IELTS expired on 27th July.

I know i applied on 15th September but at the time of getting the ITA i had my IELTS valid. I tried giving exam on 1st and then on 29th but my writing section did not reach 7 its stuck on 6.5 rest i had 8.5, 8 and 7.5.

I know i have taken my chance, but instead of sitting outside the pool without ITA i decided to take my chances, let’s see what happens next i have given the best shot from my side.