+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry profile submitted, paid fee, says ITA Expired, urgent help

Kunx4sure

Aug 5, 2015
I guess your explanation sounds reasonable but we cannot really say whether it is right or wrong. If cic says we have failed to submit our application before ITA expiry, then it is wise to act on the message rather than reading meanings that suit us to cic message which says that our online PR applications have been submitted. I will also try to contact cic today to check if they could provide an explanation for this. In the meantime, I pray your explanation will be right. :)

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also just PRAYING that my own logic is correct :)

If someone who has submitted app can check what;s his status that would help if his ITA has expired the timing or not.

Kunx4sure

Aug 5, 2015
I guess your explanation sounds reasonable but we cannot really say whether it is right or wrong. If cic says we have failed to submit our application before ITA expiry, then it is wise to act on the message rather than reading meanings that suit us to cic message which says that our online PR applications have been submitted. I will also try to contact cic today to check if they could provide an explanation for this. In the meantime, I pray your explanation will be right. :)

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just had a word with CIC, they said they have nothing to deal with express entry you have to contact them directly

NOW WHT TO DO ?

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CSE needs a wait period of 30 days ? So there is no way to contact and find if my 1100 CAD reached them or not ?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
intensecool said:
If it happened to you as well I believe it is not an error, it just means that your ITA status is over and you can not reuse that invitation.

Coz when you get ITA that's only when you click the link to start PR application process. You can not start without this. It means that your ITA is over now and you have moved on to PR application process where you are under review.

ITA profile has to expire after 60 days it can not eternally stay active. If for someone it says ACTIVE i don't know how do you count that as active once you are under process for review.

I may be wrong but how do we go about this now, i will try calling today if it works.

Anyone else who was able to get through to CIC please help with this.
1) try calling. 2) submit a CSE explaining your situation, and 3)fill out a new EE profile as they suggest, so that you are included in any future draws for which you are eligible. If you get a new ITA, send it in right away, as you have all your application materials ready to go now. If they re-open your old application, you can cancel the new one, and if they refuse the old one again as late, you still have one in progress. Either way, you will eventually be refunded one of the fees, and this will maximize your chances of getting an application through the process as quickly as you can. Good luck!

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
1) try calling. 2) submit a CSE explaining your situation, and 3)fill out a new EE profile as they suggest, so that you are included in any future draws for which you are eligible. If you get a new ITA, send it in right away, as you have all your application materials ready to go now. If they re-open your old application, you can cancel the new one, and if they refuse the old one again as late, you still have one in progress. Either way, you will eventually be refunded one of the fees, and this will maximize your chances of getting an application through the process as quickly as you can. Good luck!
So according to you dobes, my application is gone waste ? I mean considering the present state, the application is not with them anymore and my ITA is gone. Is this what you are stating.

I have called them thrice just to get answer that they don’t speak about EE, i have sent them CSE just 30 minutes back.

I know i have it all ready but my IELTS score has expired and that’s what the problem be to get a new ITA.

And the biggest problem is i can see my application as review in progress.

see this http://i.imgur.com/DRTOTjR.jpg

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your application has gone through, you'd normally have two lines on your mycic account. One for the EE profile itself, and a new one for the application. Did you get a second line created ?
I also submitted mine on the last day, did not have any issues. I noticed however that time zone they quote on their website is not correct, I'm not sure which they actually use but it will expire sooner than what you'd expect. I noticed that by observing the "days left" on mycic and noticing they would change before the quoted time, two hours of i remember correctly. I accounted for the time zone difference, but still didn't match.
In your case, it seems it expired exactly when you were trying to submit it.
CSE is your best bet now. Or get a lawyer to help (hopefully a good one who has contacts). Not sure if there's anything else you can do.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

"If your application has gone through, you'd normally have two lines on your mycic account. One for the EE profile itself, and a new one for the application. Did you get a second line created ?"

Can you send me a screenshot of how this looks like so i can see what you are actually saying ?

And i did not even submit at last time i submitted almost 20 hours before my ITA expiration message came. Plus i have CIC confirmation of application receipt and payment acceptance right there in my CIC panel.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
intensecool said:
Hi,

"If your application has gone through, you'd normally have two lines on your mycic account. One for the EE profile itself, and a new one for the application. Did you get a second line created ?"

Can you send me a screenshot of how this looks like so i can see what you are actually saying ?

And i did not even submit at last time i submitted almost 20 hours before my ITA expiration message came. Plus i have CIC confirmation of application receipt and payment acceptance right there in my CIC panel.
Do you have two lines? One that says application submitted, and a second called Acknowledgement of Receipt? I don't think you should dwell so much on payment receipt, as CIC will return your payment if you application has been cancelled for lateness.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Do you have two lines? One that says application submitted, and a second called Acknowledgement of Receipt? I don't think you should dwell so much on payment receipt, as CIC will return your payment if you application has been cancelled for lateness.
I have one line -

Confirmation of Online Application Transmission

Hello,

You have successfully transmitted your Online Application on 15 September 2015 10:20:19 a.m. EDT.

Your payment receipt number is # xxxxxxxxx.

What happens next?

CIC will review the information and documents that you provided and processing will begin.

CIC will notify you by e-mail if we require additional information or documents. You do not need to log into MyCIC to check for messages or updates until you receive an e-mail advising you that you have one. .

What if information regarding my application changes?

It is your responsibility to notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include if you move, get a new phone number, etc.

How long will it take to process my Online Application?

Processing times vary. Average processing times can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

If you require additional information on the status of your application after consulting the processing times, contact the Call Centre.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
intensecool said:
So according to you dobes, my application is gone waste ? I mean considering the present state, the application is not with them anymore and my ITA is gone. Is this what you are stating.

I have called them thrice just to get answer that they don't speak about EE, i have sent them CSE just 30 minutes back.

I know i have it all ready but my IELTS score has expired and that's what the problem be to get a new ITA.

And the biggest problem is i can see my application as review in progress.

see this http://i.imgur.com/DRTOTjR.jpg
Yes, unfortunately, I do think that. In your place I would, of course, keep calling. But I would also make the fastest appointment for another IELTS I could, take it, get my results 2 weeks later, and get back in the game - even if I hadn't yet received a definitive answer on the first application.

I do believe that if you can convince CIC the mistake was theirs they will reopen your application - but if you can't - and most people can't - then you will have to try again. Good luck!