File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When you are immigrating to the Atlantic Provinces, some jobs especially in Health sector are LMIA exempt as per provincial agreement. My job has been confirmed to be LMIA exempt.
That makes sense. However the answer to the job offer question in your Express Entry profile is still "no".

mamadebbie

Dec 5, 2018
That makes sense. However the answer to the job offer question in your Express Entry profile is still "no".
ok. Then that would be the problem because once I answer no to that I lose the 15 points for job offer and adaptability. Thus I become ineligible despite having a valid job

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ok. Then that would be the problem because once I answer no to that I lose the 15 points for job offer and adaptability. Thus I become ineligible despite having a valid job
It's only considered as a valid job offer under Express Entry if:

- You have an approved LMIA
OR
- You are on an LMIA exempt closed work permit where your employer is listed on the work permit and you have worked for that employer in Canada for at least one year

Otherwise what you have is not classified as a valid job offer.

mamadebbie

Dec 5, 2018
It's only considered as a valid job offer under Express Entry if:

- You have an approved LMIA
OR
- You are on an LMIA exempt closed work permit where your employer is listed on the work permit and you have worked for that employer in Canada for at least one year

Otherwise what you have is not classified as a valid job offer.
Thank you....I will then try the work permit option where the province says they can give me a letter of support to get a WP then apply PR once working .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you....I will then try the work permit option where the province says they can give me a letter of support to get a WP then apply PR once working .
That's a good plan.

wizowsky

Apr 18, 2021
I'm also experiencing the same situation and it's starting to be frustrating.

I certainly believed that I met the minimum requirements with the following submitted information:
- has a valid language test
- language test result is not older than 2 years old as this was only taken last Feb 2, 2020
- my language test result is 7.5 (average). Though my speaking result is 6.5, and I wonder if this might be the caused.
- I have more than 10 years of work experience that are relevant to my skills. Will it matter if I started working at 2001 but was able to finish my degree at 2005?
- I have an equivalent of bachelor degree for my education level, as per WES's assessment
- I have sufficient funds to prove.

This is my 4th time to submit a profile and it's frustrating to find out that I'm still ineligible.

Hope the system would explain what was the specific cause of the problem so that it could be rectified without guessing.

Any help or insights would be useful and appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

I certainly believed that I met the minimum requirements with the following submitted information:
- language test result is not older than 2 years old as this was only taken last Feb 2, 2020
- my language test result is 7.5 (average). Though my speaking result is 6.5, and I wonder if this might be the caused.
- I have more than 10 years of work experience that are relevant to my skills. Will it matter if I started working at 2001 but was able to finish my degree at 2005?
- I have an equivalent of bachelor degree for my education level, as per WES's assessment

This is my 4th time to submit a profile and it's frustrating to find out that I'm still ineligible.

Hope the system would explain what was the specific cause of the problem so that it could be rectified without guessing.

You may be filling something out incorrectly. What are your score for each IELTs section. How old are you? What work experience do you have in the past 10 years? 2001 is 20 years ago.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020

Just screenshot what you filled in so ppl can dictate what's wrong.

ankelpab

Feb 10, 2021
You must be answering something incorrectly. It's hard for us to guess without knowing what you have answered to each question.

kodi nox

Last edited:

Mars_1996

Apr 20, 2021
Hi everyone

I'm having a similar issue where my crs score is 0 and I believe I've entered everything correctly but I guess not. So I will go through what I answered and hopefully I can find an answer.

How much money (in Canadian dollars) will I bring? 21000
I have entered my ECA as I do not have a Canadian degree from WES
I've also entered my General IELTS score: L-9, R-8.5, L-8.0, W-6.5
My occupation is different my education history (studied Chemistry but a software engineer now)
I've also had one year of work to do my masters but I have a total of three years experience

If anyone can help, I would be really grateful

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone

I'm having a similar issue where my crs score is 0 and I believe I've entered everything correctly but I guess not. So I will go through what I answered and hopefully I can find an answer.

How much money (in Canadian dollars) will I bring? 21000
I have entered my ECA as I do not have a Canadian degree from WES
I've also entered my General IELTS score: L-9, R-8.5, L-8.0, W-6.5
My occupation is different my education history (studied Chemistry but a software engineer now)
I've also had one year of work to do my masters but I have a total of three years experience

If anyone can help, I would be really grateful

Thank you
What does your ECA state? Do you have one year continuous skilled work experience? If so, you are answering questions incorrectly.

Mars_1996

Apr 20, 2021
What does your ECA state? Do you have one year continuous skilled work experience? If so, you are answering questions incorrectly.
Thanks for the quick reply.
My ECA states the CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY as Master's degree and then has all my details.
In terms of continuous skilled work experience; I did one year paid full time work from June 2017 - Sept 2018 a chemist, then I had a year off to study for my MSc from sept 2018 - sept 2019 and I've been working from then as a software engineer.
I'm just unsure what questions I'm answering wrong.
Thanks for the help