+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Overall Score: 0

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi everyone,
I am having this exact same problem - my score should be 475 but I'm getting zero. I've now created two profiles and had both rejected. Getting desperate!
It almost seems like it's a technical problem that it's not reading my answers? Or like I'm getting kicked out on one of the very first questions.

- My IELTS score is 8 on average
- I have a masters degree
- I have more than 3 years of work experience (although I put in 2 different NOC codes)
-My spouse is a Canadian permanent resident
- I have enough funds to support myself

The only thing that I can think of is that I don't have an ECA yet, but I was assuming that we only have to have that once we've been invited to apply?

Any ideas? @primaprime how do we get around creating new profiles if we can't edit and resubmit?
did you see this?

"I figured out the problem. I wasn't adding my current work experience in Canada under the "Work History" section, thinking was meant for previous work only. Thank you again guys for your help and sorry for the confusion XD "

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am having this exact same problem - my score should be 475 but I'm getting zero. I've now created two profiles and had both rejected. Getting desperate!
It almost seems like it's a technical problem that it's not reading my answers? Or like I'm getting kicked out on one of the very first questions.

- I have more than 3 years of work experience (although I put in 2 different NOC codes)

The only thing that I can think of is that I don't have an ECA yet, but I was assuming that we only have to have that once we've been invited to apply?

Any ideas? @primaprime how do we get around creating new profiles if we can't edit and resubmit?
You need an ECA to create a profile.

Rae_ZAR

Oct 4, 2020
did you see this?

"I figured out the problem. I wasn't adding my current work experience in Canada under the "Work History" section, thinking was meant for previous work only. Thank you again guys for your help and sorry for the confusion XD "
Yes , thanks. It's not applicable to me though because I don't have any Canadian work experience. But this shouldn't give me a zero score because I passed the eligiblity test and my points score is 475?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. I've also checked and my husband's IELTS is two years old - do you know if that will also result in a zero score?
You can't claim any points for your husband since he is already a PR. So no, this should not result in your score being zero. You have to qualify entirely on your own without any points from him. As long as you're doing that, you should be fine.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

If you don't have ECA, then you cannot set up your profile. You need ECA now, You you cannot set up your profile or get ITA without first doing ECA. That's your problem.

brighton1511

Jan 19, 2020
I submitted my Express Entry profile for noc 0213 and got illegibility response. I suspect may be my ielts (5.5, 6.5, 7, 7.5) averaged to 6.5. I have 5 years work experience.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I submitted my Express Entry profile for noc 0213 and got illegibility response. I suspect may be my ielts (5.5, 6.5, 7, 7.5) averaged to 6.5. I have 5 years work experience.
You need CLB 7 in each area so your Ielts scores are too low with a 5.5. Improve the scores and you should be eligible

constellation13

Sep 9, 2020
hello everyone, I'm having the same problem. I got a 0 score 3 times already.

I wanna apply for FSW.
My background:
  • I have one year of experience back home NOC 1221.
  • I am currently a manager here NOC 0125 since August 2020. (less than a year of experience in Canada)
  • IELTS: S 7 - W 7 - R 8 - L 8
  • Two years of education in Canada
  • A bachelor degree at home (ECA ready)
  • My FSW score is around 71.
  • The comprehensive score should be around 458
I wanna create a profile for now and just leave it there.
I'm suspecting the problem is around this part:

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation. (required)
Please make a selection
If my experience back home is more than one year but the Canadian experience is less than one year, how should I answer this question?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello everyone, I'm having the same problem. I got a 0 score 3 times already.

I wanna apply for FSW.
My background:
  • I have one year of experience back home NOC 1221.
  • I am currently a manager here NOC 0125 since August 2020. (less than a year of experience in Canada)
  • IELTS: S 7 - W 7 - R 8 - L 8
  • Two years of education in Canada
  • A bachelor degree at home (ECA ready)
  • My FSW score is around 71.
  • The comprehensive score should be around 458
I wanna create a profile for now and just leave it there.
I'm suspecting the problem is around this part:

If my experience back home is more than one year but the Canadian experience is less than one year, how should I answer this question?
You should say you have one year of work experience. Make sure you also select 1221 as your primary NOC.

constellation13

Sep 9, 2020
You should say you have one year of work experience. Make sure you also select 1221 as your primary NOC.
Hello, thank you for your comment!

So my primary NOC should be 1221 - Administrative Officer in my home country and not 0125 - Services manager in Canada since it's less than one year?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, thank you for your comment!

So my primary NOC should be 1221 - Administrative Officer in my home country and not 0125 - Services manager in Canada since it's less than one year?
That's right. If you select 0125 as your primary NOC then you won't be eligible.