+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Overall Score: 0

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I have the same issue.

My Language scores (IELTS L-8,R-8,S-7,W-6.5) Just completed a week back.
ECA ( Bachelors degree ) with 4 years equivalent - WES Completed on Jan 2019 (Still less than 5 years)
Work Experience ( In the questionnaire I entered 4 years)
Age -28

This is where I might have calculated incorrectly.

I worked 2 years continuously from ( Aug 2014 -Aug 2016 )
Then , I have 3 years gap
Started to Work again from (Aug 2019 - Aug 2020) In one company & (Aug 2020 - Till Now) In another company - I would consider this as continuous.

Total - 4+ years (None of them are Canada and I did it in homeland)

My noc is 2173. I entered as 45 hours / week? Would that be a problem as I read 30 is the maximum considered? My designation/title has been changed throughout but under same 2173 code. I used senior software engineer/technical lead as titles . Should it be just be Software Engineer?

I also had a doubt in the research question, which was asking if I require license and I mentioned it as No.

In my education section, I only mentioned my Bachelor's degree. Do we need to mention High school as well?

I calculated under FSW and seems to have more than 67 points and I selected that I am applying for all provinces.

Any help is appreciated
So you have the IELTS report since you only did it a week ago?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, i do. Got my etrf in 4 days. idp now only issues etrf . I have entered this section correctly. Not sure what i am missing
You can only claim 30 hours per week…assume your employment is full time. You said no to job offer and certification too? You may need to screen shot as you are entering something incorrectly.

ikrishh29

May 29, 2019
Thanks for the response. I entered 45 hours/ week. Noted.

I entered No to job offer.

I dont remember any question specific to certification. Are you referring educational qualification?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I entered as no for license. I believe mine is fsw and does not come under trades. Correct me if i am wrong
No, you are correct. You must be entering something wrong. You would have to screen shot and post what you are entering. Did you take IELTS GeneralÉ

Last edited:

ikrishh29

May 29, 2019
No, you are correct. You must be entering something wrong. You would have to screen shot and post what you are entering. Did you take IELTS GeneralÉ
Yes, I took IELTS General. Ill revoke and try again this week. Ill take screenshots this time, just in case.

titodreamer

Jan 28, 2022
Hello and good day to you all,

I am having the same problem ikhouri was having. I get zero crs even though the questionnaire says that I am eligible. I read the whole thread, and I have to say you guys are awesome, kind and helpful.

Similar to ikhouri, I do meet the basic eligibility requirements.

Not having a valid language test, I have an IELTS.
Language test results that are more than two years old, mine are 9 Jan 2022.
A language test score that is too low, (Listening 7, Reading 7.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 8.5).
Not having enough relevant work experience, I worked two years in my NOC.
Not having the required education level, I have a Bachelor’s degree - evaluated and approved by WES.
Not having enough funds. I have funds, more than the required amount.

Scylla responded to ikhouri that “You must be answering something incorrectly. It's hard for us to guess without knowing what you have answered to each question.” and I think I am probably in the same boat. I am currently 34.

I took screenshots of my profile with my name in whiteout. I have it on a google drive folder. I really appreciate your help, and I hope it causes the universe to help you out in return. Thank you in advance.

Let me know if you are willing to look at the screenshots and help me figure out what I entered wrong and I will share the link to the google drive. Thank you.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello and good day to you all,

I am having the same problem ikhouri was having. I get zero crs even though the questionnaire says that I am eligible. I read the whole thread, and I have to say you guys are awesome, kind and helpful.

Similar to ikhouri, I do meet the basic eligibility requirements.

Not having a valid language test, I have an IELTS.
Language test results that are more than two years old, mine are 9 Jan 2022.
A language test score that is too low, (Listening 7, Reading 7.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 8.5).
Not having enough relevant work experience, I worked two years in my NOC.
Not having the required education level, I have a Bachelor’s degree - evaluated and approved by WES.
Not having enough funds. I have funds, more than the required amount.

Scylla responded to ikhouri that “You must be answering something incorrectly. It's hard for us to guess without knowing what you have answered to each question.” and I think I am probably in the same boat. I am currently 34.

I took screenshots of my profile with my name in whiteout. I have it on a google drive folder. I really appreciate your help, and I hope it causes the universe to help you out in return. Thank you in advance.

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CdsnntG75AE1Ify1xlEd112Uok4HeKPe?usp=sharing
Have you checked that you have at least 67 points under the FSW points system?