+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Overall Score: 0

Sheyveca

Oct 28, 2023
I have a similar situation with my express entry profile, I have tried to create it twice and I immediately received an "ineligible" letter. I have more than 10 years of experience as an engineer in my country of origin and I got a job here about 5 months after arriving as an engineering technician, I have been working there for 6 months, the idea is to apply considering the requirements of the skill trades program, I'm choosing as my primary occupation the NOC of my current job on the form, I have CELPIP 7, ECA from my studies, and the route is through the accelerated tech pathway that only asks for 6 months of experience in certain in-demand occupations where it's that I am working on, the problem is to apply for that program it asks me for the number of my express entry profile and I have not been able to get a score, I don't know where the error could be. Or I don't know if I could use the profile number that appears there at the end of the express entry, even though no score appears. I need urgent help, please.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a similar situation with my express entry profile, I have tried to create it twice and I immediately received an "ineligible" letter. I have more than 10 years of experience as an engineer in my country of origin and I got a job here about 5 months after arriving as an engineering technician, I have been working there for 6 months, the idea is to apply considering the requirements of the skill trades program, I'm choosing as my primary occupation the NOC of my current job on the form, I have CELPIP 7, ECA from my studies, and the route is through the accelerated tech pathway that only asks for 6 months of experience in certain in-demand occupations where it's that I am working on, the problem is to apply for that program it asks me for the number of my express entry profile and I have not been able to get a score, I don't know where the error could be. Or I don't know if I could use the profile number that appears there at the end of the express entry, even though no score appears. I need urgent help, please.
So you don’t have a year of Canadian experience so not elgible for CEC. You need to be eligible for FSW with at least 67 points. You cannot get points of a job offer unless you have a LMIA. If LMIA exempt, you need a year of Canadian experience. So calculate your eligibility score first.

Reactions: Sheyveca

Sheyveca

Oct 28, 2023
In that case, with this company, I worked as a temporary worker for 3 months before signing a formal indefinite contract. Is it possible to consider those previous 3 months within my Canadian experience? to try to have that year of experience that they ask for as soon as possible? And if I'm working here as a technician, can I apply with the skill trade program and not the federal skill worker?
The other thing that is not clear to me is whether the accelerated tech pathway is a "fast" route for in-demand occupations and only requires 6 months of experience. I have no way to apply anyway because it asks for my express entry profile number, and You say I must have at least one year working here in Canada.

Sheyveca

Oct 28, 2023
And what do people who are not in the country and have the job offer, but meet all the requirements to create their express entry profile and be considered in the pool of candidates (without the year of experience required within Canada)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In that case, with this company, I worked as a temporary worker for 3 months before signing a formal indefinite contract. Is it possible to consider those previous 3 months within my Canadian experience? to try to have that year of experience that they ask for as soon as possible? And if I'm working here as a technician, can I apply with the skill trade program and not the federal skill worker?
The other thing that is not clear to me is whether the accelerated tech pathway is a "fast" route for in-demand occupations and only requires 6 months of experience. I have no way to apply anyway because it asks for my express entry profile number, and You say I must have at least one year working here in Canada.
What type of permit are on? Did you study in Alberta. The tech pathway is through Express Entry so you need an eligible profile. Or you go through AOS but most likely you need a year of experience.

For EE-FSW you need 67 points. If you don’t have 67 points then you have to wait until you have a year of Canadian experience. Do you have a year of full time continuous foreign experience in the NOC.

If not eligible and working outside Canada, then you need your employer to file for a LMIA. This proves that you are the only one who can do the job as no Canadian could be hired. This gives you points to be elgible for EE.

Sheyveca

Oct 28, 2023
If I am working overtime weekly, can I have that year of experience considering the hours worked? How many hours should it be to have the year of experience they request? I have an open work permit, my partner is studying and my profession is exempt from LMIA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I am working overtime weekly, can I have that year of experience considering the hours worked? How many hours should it be to have the year of experience they request? I have an open work permit, my partner is studying and my profession is exempt from LMIA.
You cannot use overtime hours to qualify for the 1 year of work experience sooner. You need to have 52 individual weeks where you worked 30 hours or more to claim 1 year of work experience.

Sheyveca

Oct 28, 2023
Thank you for your support. Just a last question, the first 3 months of working with the company was with a temporary agency, and then I passed through in the same position to an undefined contract with them directly, can I use those 3 month also if the company could certificate that experience? Can I use those 3 temporary months and include them in the time of the total experience with them?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your support. Just a last question, the first 3 months of working with the company was with a temporary agency, and then I passed through in the same position to an undefined contract with them directly, can I use those 3 month also if the company could certificate that experience? Can I use those 3 temporary months and include them in the time of the total experience with them?
You can. Get letter from agency because they would have been your employer.

Sheyveca

Oct 28, 2023
Do you know what requirements the job reference letter must meet? Since it is an employment agency I'm not clear about what information it should carry and then it happened directly with the company, I don't know if the agency should say that they were a subcontractor of the company because they were the bridge between the company and me the first 2 months. Thank you in advance.

SHADOOOW

Apr 26, 2024
Hey guys.. I had the zero crs problem too today, twice infact. And the solutions here have been quite vague though helpful eventually. If your score doesn't meet 67 for any reason or the other, whether a mistake from you or not, you will get zero (they don't waste time to show you if you got 14 or 66). Earlier in this thread someone posted a link to calculate the 67 benchmark. So go there and be sure you qualify first.

For me, my problem was language. Normally, English is my official language but i have only taken my French proficiency exam which was fine. But while filling the questionnaire, i chose English as first language (most comfortable language), whereas i don't even have scores for it. I placed French as second language. Problem is that the maximum you can get for a first language is 25 points as compared to 4 points for second language. So irrespective of my good French scores, i could only get 4 in that language section which meant i couldn't get up to the required 67.

When i figured that out and changed it, i became eligible.

So there are cases like that.. for your education, work experience, etc... endeavour to check the link and see the corresponding scores you get based on what you possess.

Thank you